Sky's Scribblings

Are you a writer? Want to share the pieces what you've written?
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Sky's Scribblings

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 16th Aug 2012

This may turn into a fanfic, or it might just end up as a weird story. I don't know. :D
Any resemblance to people living, dead or fictional (unless they're in Artemis Fowl or another AF fanfic or... you get the picture) is purely a coincidence.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The pond is still and clear. Small fish -- sticklebacks, I think -- gaze at me from the water, then dart away when my shadow touches them, as if it were solid. I follow the brook which fills it upstream, perspiring and panting freely as the sun beats down on my back like a slavemaster with a whip made of heat. Of course, this place is beautiful, but I am unable to enjoy it. Guilt weighs heavily on my mind. I went off with them, while I could be relaxing at the library. Them refering to the gang I've ended up traipsing about with, in an attempt to boost my poplularity. Like that's going to work. Trying to keep my popularity up is like trying to keep the Titanic afloat with a roll of masking tape and some pretty wrapping paper. No-one wants to be seen dead with a patronising nerd like me.
"Hello?" A voice cuts through my thoughts. Not one I recognise. "Who's there?"
Last edited by Skyswallow on Fri 17th Aug 2012, edited 2 times in total.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

JayJay444
Gnome
Location: Fighting demons with Sam, Dean, The Doctor, Sherlock and John. Don't ask.

Re: Sky's Scribblings

Post by JayJay444 » Thu 16th Aug 2012

:o that is sooo good! well done! :razz:

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Thu 16th Aug 2012

Very good, honey.
Typo: the not hte.
This has great descriptive language, but could have more. ^_^
Instead of the pond is still and clear
It could be: The pond is gleaming clear as a diamond in the water, creating an aura of beauty Just a example. XD

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Fri 17th Aug 2012

Ok, I'll take the advice. Also, I want to use this to rewrite TLG, as many of us didn't enjoy it so much. NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and TLG rewritten will be in blue and my random story will be in pink.

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Tue 28th Aug 2012

Sorry, still nothing for TLGrewrite -- I'm still planning.
And it's going to be a fanfic.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"Er... Does it matter? Who are you, anyhow?" I curse myself for my utter lack of social skills.
A boy steps out from the shrubbery. He is inappropriately attired for this weather and location, wearing a dark blue, two-piece suit and loafers. "My name, if you must know, is Artemis Fowl. Now you must tell me who you are."
"Ah... Do I have to tell you? And why are you wearing navy, of all colours? Dark colours will make you hotter." My face reddens immediately after the comment. As usual, my big mouth has said something before I had time to think it through.
The boy rolls his eyes. "I know that. I am wearing this suit for reasons of looks rather than practicality. I was not expecting to end up in quite such a wild location. And yes, I do want you to tell me your name."
I can't be bothered to argue. "My name is Imogen Hunter. And if you weren't expecting this, what were you expecting?"
"Never mind. Just, not this. I believe you have information that could be of great importance."
"What? Are you a government agent?"
"No. I am afraid you will have to come with me, or rather -- us."
A tall, strong-looking man appears, seemingly from nowhere. In his hand is a gun. A rather big gun. I swallow nervously, and my stomach starts to go slightly queasy. I protest, but get no reasons or answers.
The man aims, but I don't know if he fires, because suddenly everything is blurry, and my elbow is hitting the floor rather painfully, and then I'm somewhere else...

No, I don't know where this thing is going either. :D Was it too sudden a transition?
Comments? Grammar complaints? Compliments? :D :D :D
Oh, and I'm posting it on ff as well.

JayJay444
Gnome
Location: Fighting demons with Sam, Dean, The Doctor, Sherlock and John. Don't ask.

Post by JayJay444 » Mon 10th Sep 2012

please write more! i really want to know what happens! :awesome:

Eternity
Goblin

Post by Eternity » Mon 10th Sep 2012

wow. this is so good!!! :D

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Fri 14th Sep 2012

I have a headache. And I am definitely not in the Park any more. That's all the thought my brain can cope with at the moment.
Two minutes later -- or is it five? I'm not sure -- I still can't think clearly, but my mind has recovered enough to take note of the fact that, although there are no windows and there is a lock on the door, the room itself is relatively luxurious. For a prison, that is. There's a bed, although it has a metal frame; a couple of cushions (even if they are a little faded and perhaps slightly threadbare) and there's a small rug on the floor (no trapdoor underneath, I checked). Altogether, it's a lot better than the stuff I've read about. Or maybe my brain's just avoiding depressing me.
I am snapped out of my thought track by footsteps outside.

JayJay444
Gnome

Post by JayJay444 » Tue 18th Sep 2012

please write more, pwetty pwease :horse:

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Mon 23rd Dec 2013

Okay, ignoring these previous attempts at a story.
I wrote a thing. Sorry.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Stormy Weather

Pearly-grey clouds scurried overhead, their undersides darker than the proverbial black cat in a coal cellar at night. The rain acted as a wet, miserable curtain, blocking out light and the rest of the world. And you know that chill you get when you open a fridge at midnight on a cold, moonless winter’s evening (providing you’ve ever had a reason to do so, of course)? That was nothing compared to the feel of the wind burrowing through every layer of clothing, freezing her skin and making her teeth chatter like old bones.
The only spot of colour in that grey, grey world was from the red umbrella she was fighting with the wind to control. Not that it actually did much good, it was just a matter of pride. Even five-year-olds get annoyed when an inanimate storm with no will of its own pinches their belongings. Plus, she still hoped that if she kept ahold of the umbrella, even when her knuckles were turning white with tension and her fingers were going pale from the cold, maybe her parents would find her.
On a sunny day, with clear skies and clear vision and the sun smiling like a benevolent deity, the park didn’t seem at all dangerous. But when you couldn’t tell whether you were near the gates, or the lake, or the bench all the old ladies with their too-small dogs would sit on; and the park seemed like a giants’ playground to you in the first place; and you didn’t know where your dad was; it was terrifying.
She might have been crying then, or it might have just been the rain dripping off her hood and into her eyes. Her socks were soaking inside her green big-girl’s wellies, and if she had walked into the lake at that moment, she though, she couldn’t get any wetter.
The wind was howling still, carrying phantom voices of the ghosts she was suddenly sure haunted the park. Howling her name, getting louder and louder… She started crying properly, screwing up her eyes and bawling like a two-year-old who’d stubbed their toe.
But then someone else was there, hugging her and finding a tissue and wiping her eyes. Her dad, holding her hand and (she was certain) scaring off all the ghosts and shadows and monsters under the bed. Her umbrella was the right way out again, she could see the gates looming up out of the mist, and she was going home.