A Cure for Writer's Block

Are you a writer? Want to share the pieces what you've written?
That Chick2
Troll

A Cure for Writer's Block

Post by That Chick2 » Thu 16th Feb 2012

Okay so really. We've all had, we've all hated it. It's Writer's Block. The question is how do you cure it?
It can be anything, a song, a book that helps, time you get up to write, or even a game you play. The main thing is you need to be to the point. I mean, if you say it's song, what song? If it's a book, what passage? You get the point. If there's a topic for this lock at will.
Last edited by That Chick2 on Fri 24th Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Re: A Cure for Writer's Block

Post by hiholly123 » Mon 20th Feb 2012

For me, what helps is to find some songs that remind me of whatever I'm writing. Then I listen to those songs and think about my story for a while. Sometimes, if I have to do a chore, I listen to music while I'm doing it and the work and the music helps me think. It doesn't always work (because sometimes I get stuck on scenes that won't happen for another few chapters) but it at least gives me some ideas for the future. I don't know how it'd work for others, but that's usually what I do when I get stuck with a bad case of Writer's Block.

But unfortunately, sometimes the only thing you can do is wait it out.
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Tue 12th Jun 2012

To be honest, the only thing I can do to get rid of writer's block is to wait it out. I actully like getting writer's block, because no matter how long I have it for, inspreation or a really good idea always comes to me at the end. :)
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Tue 12th Jun 2012

I usually take a piece out of what I'm writing and write it in another person's POV. It also helps to give me ideas. I also make myself spurt out whatever comes out into a short story (there have been scary results) or read older pieces of writing I have done. There is no "writer's block" as Lia Habel has said. There's only the laziness to not work it off. You can edit the crap later. XD
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Sun 17th Jun 2012

Talking about whatever I'm working on with someone usually helps me. I hate talking about my stuff to people, but when I do it helps me get my creative juices flowing. They'll ask me questions, and I'll be forced to think about it and stuff. :3

Shadow Light
LEPrecon Officer
Location: Extorting other hobos for croissants under the Eiffel tower

Post by Shadow Light » Thu 28th Jun 2012

Randomosity wrote:To be honest, the only thing I can do to get rid of writer's block is to wait it out. I actully like getting writer's block, because no matter how long I have it for, inspreation or a really good idea always comes to me at the end. :)
Writer's block, they said. It'd be fun, they said.

Hi, have ya met Sea?
Don't ask me about my life, because if you do, I will tell you.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 28th Jun 2012

Shadow Light wrote:
Randomosity wrote:To be honest, the only thing I can do to get rid of writer's block is to wait it out. I actully like getting writer's block, because no matter how long I have it for, inspreation or a really good idea always comes to me at the end. :)
Writer's block, they said. It'd be fun, they said.

Hi, have ya met Sea?
No. but I have met someone named Silly :3

I tend to tell people about what I am writing, when I talk to people about it I get new ideas!
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Shadow Light
LEPrecon Officer
Location: Extorting other hobos for croissants under the Eiffel tower

Post by Shadow Light » Sun 1st Jul 2012

^ ಠ__ಠ

I'm not sure what I do. I use it as an excuse to not write due to intense laziness. What can I say? It fuels my procrastination aha.
Don't ask me about my life, because if you do, I will tell you.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sun 1st Jul 2012

My advice: share the burden of writing the story! Me and three friends (sorry, terrible grammar) are writing a fanfic at the moment, and I can't think of what to write. Luckily, my other friends usually do, so the story continues!
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Inky Duchess
Dwarf Miner

Post by Inky Duchess » Sat 7th Jul 2012

ahh, i love to listen to music when i have writers block.
wich is all the time...
Burn every thing you love, then burn the ashes

The key to being an airhead is keeping an empty mind.

I'm a gangster, my name is Jabberwocky.
LE GASP!!! You no think I'm gangsta? I'll pop a soda cap up your ask! :)