The Idea Conversation Topic! (The ICT)

Are you a writer? Want to share the pieces what you've written?
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Re: The Idea Conversation Topic! (The ICT)

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 19th Jan 2012

How about Turnball and his human wife...can't get more consequencial than that... or if your lookign for a more neutral resuklt of a interspecies relationship why not make both partners up from scratch? I'd rater see that than half heartly written A/H
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Sat 25th Feb 2012

I was think of another Artemis VS anything. Maybe Ciel?

chocolatetruffles1
Mud-Man

Post by chocolatetruffles1 » Wed 28th Mar 2012

Any ideas for a good ending of a fanfic.?
I have no idea, as this is my first fan fiction.
It's weird for just a plain goodbye.
Please help.
"I now pronounce you... man and elf."- No.1 Demon Warlock

"Peace be inside me, tolerance all around me, forgiveness in my path. Now, Mervall, show me where the filthy human is so I may feed him his organs."- Opal Koboi

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Wed 28th Mar 2012

Do you need ideas for an AF fanfic? Because a lot of people here write more than just AF 'fic.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Tue 24th Apr 2012

chocolatetruffles1 wrote:Any ideas for a good ending of a fanfic.?
I have no idea, as this is my first fan fiction.
It's weird for just a plain goodbye.
Please help.
Bang Your Drum wrote:Do you need ideas for an AF fanfic? Because a lot of people here write more than just AF 'fic.

^What is the Fan fic based on? :)

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 15th Nov 2012

Alright so I'm in the process of brainstorming some books for the younger side of YA. The books include some semi autobiographical stuff/basis. But anyways I'm also creating a faux fandom within the series 'verse.
The idea is that it's a long airing Irish television show focusing on the Grim Reaper )or something like that)
My concept for his appearance is based on John Darnielle and John Simm (ignore just how crappy this render is)

The redeem3r
Dwarf Thief
Location: On a pale blue dot, traveling wherever the Universe takes me

Post by The redeem3r » Mon 27th May 2013

I've really been considering getting back into writing. I have not written anything in I think going on 3-4 years, and I've had a recent urge to pick it back up.

I want to write a fanfiction short about Owlman, the alter-earth villainous personification of batman. I've been recently watching a bunch of superhero movies, and Owlman has stood out to me. I consider him a tragic hero (as he would consider himself. Tragic villain to the common man.). His nihilistic ideals really strike me as interesting. Basically he holds that every action, and therefore life, is objectively without meaning.

The best example of this viewpoint is when at the end of "The Crisis on Two Earths" he is transported with a large bomb from the "Earth Prime" to a lifeless Earth in an alternate Universe, and even though he still has time to deactivate the bomb and save his own life, he says to himself, "it doesn't matter." and smiles.

He realized that even if he were to deactivate it, an alternate version of him wouldn't, or an alternate version of him would never have created the bomb in the first place, and he would still live on. His dying would not, for all intents and purposes, mean his death. I can kind of understand his nihilistic viewpoints though I don't share them.

Basically the idea for my short is Owlman either finding a purpose to life, but inevitably his found purpose is defeated by his inner confliction between said purpose and his inherent nihilism; however, I fear that it would completely go against the character and that I wouldn't capture the character correctly.

Would anyone be interested in reading a story like that?

The reasons aliens haven't made contact with us because if a species were to become space-faring, they would have no doubt realized that bickering and warring is primitive. They realize that any interaction with humans would be met with hostility on our parts. Only when we can put aside our differences and tear down our borders will be find what we are looking for.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 6th Jun 2013

That sounds pretty interesting to me... as long as I don't have to read/see tons of source material to understand.