The Lord of the (FanGathe)Rings

Are you a writer? Want to share the pieces what you've written?
Battery
Ringbearer

Re: The Lord of the (FanGathe)Rings

Post by Battery » Fri 25th Jun 2010

I've been saying it in my head like it's pronounced in Obi-wan. XD But feel free to hear it however you like.
ImageImageImage

crazychick
LEPrecon Officer

Post by crazychick » Sun 27th Jun 2010

Obi-Wan has Skills! (Sorry. I must do that when I see his name) Brilliant, AA. :D 7 stars, out of 5! :D :D :D

~CC
Official FanGathering Ranger

SERVANT MORTAL

BRAVE <3

LET IT FADE

cookieninja
LEP Commander

Post by cookieninja » Tue 24th Aug 2010

....*taps foot imapatiently*
You haven't updated in foreva!!!1!!1!!
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 26th Aug 2010

Ask (when I'm not incredibly busy, haven't just updated yesterday, and have the free time and will to write) and you shall receive :)
Now, this is really rushed, so it's probably not as good as it could be, but you have a fair point; it's been too long. So here it is.

~*~

THREE

~*Two Days Later*~

There were a few things about Muri and Winnie that some people found, shall we say, less than enjoyable. Were you to ask the cousins themselves, these people would, most likely, be declared without a functioning sense of humor, and perhaps lacking half a brain, as well. The fact was that the cousins did not always see eye-to-eye with those around them, and however unintentionally, often succeeded in upsetting someone with their actions or words. One such example was the afternoon in question, which Muri and Winnie had opted to spend doing something far more interesting than their acquaintances would have ever thought up: spying on their mutual cousin, Cookie.

It had been Muri's idea, originally. The elder of the two, and the closer to Cookie, she had noticed a certain change in the girl's attitude recently, almost as if she was anxious, waiting for something to happen. A day spent together was seldom enjoyed without off-putting pauses and apprehensive looks, something the two of them had never shared before. And so, Muri had recruited the assistance of her favorite cousin and best friend, Winona.

"This plan is idiotic."

Muri scowled, staring around the side of the building and ignoring the comment. Winnie had never been one to keep her opinion hidden, whether it was asked for (or wanted), or not, but in this particular situation, it was beginning to grow tedious. For this "idiotic" plan to work, they needed to stay at least partially quiet, and the constant complaining wasn't helping that in the least. It was lucky Cookie was too preoccupied with talking with Wan and whoever that other girl was to notice any other sound. Muri scowled. They were telling secrets, obviously. Cookie had never had a secret that she hadn't shared with Muri, before.

"We need to get closer," she whispered to Winnie, motioning for her to follow as she stepped casually around the corner, hiding her face behind the huge pair of sunglasses she was wearing. Winnie nodded, slipping after her, pulling the brim of her hat down farther. It was risky, of course, with Cookie having spent so much time with them in the past, but hopefully, she was too distracted.

This street was marginally more crowded than the one they had turned off of, being one with many shops and restaurants lining the sidewalks, and the two of them were forced to maneuver through the people, never losing sight of the three people gathered closely around the table. They had to get close enough to hear at least snatches of the conversation, but not so close as to be discovered. It was a tough business with someone as generally observant as their cousin.

Muri looked around in the area of the table, spotting a newspaper and magazine stand directly behind Wan. It was tall enough that Winnie could probably manage to stand up straight on the other side without being seen by the group. She turned to relay her plan to the other girl, but it seemed she had already figured it out for herself. Winnie was several feet ahead of her, blending in with the crowd surprisingly well, and making her way toward the stand.

"Hey, watch it!"

Winnie bowed her head, muttering an apology to the man she had bumped into. She kept her eyes on the ground and her voice low, too close to her friends for comfort. She could easily be found out at this distance. The man snorted at her, and she saw his black leather boots move away from her, knowing she was safe again. Shooting a hasty glance back to Muri, she walked nonchalantly up to the stand, coming to a halt directly across from Wan's back. His speech was somewhat muffled, but she could piece together what he said from how the others responded. Years of this sort of activity with her older cousin had given her nothing if not that skill.

"We're leaving in three days," the strange girl was saying. Winnie's stomach clenched. Leaving? What did they mean by that? Certainly, even a secret trip could be trusted with herself and Muri. She forced her thoughts from roaming as she heard Cookie begin to speak.

"I'll tell them tomorrow," she muttered, her voice quiet and subdued. For a moment, Winnie forgave her for all the secrets, everything that had happened in the last couple of days. She had never heard her cousin sound so... broken.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the loud squeak of a chair, followed by two more, as the three of them stood. Peering through a gap in the stand, Winnie watched as the stranger pressed something into the palm of Cookie's hand, nodding solemnly as she did so. Cookie swallowed, returning the nod and turning back. Winnie supposed some murmered goodbyes must have been exchanged, but there were none that were audible. Each of them simply turned a different way, and began to walk away.

Wan's footsteps directly next to her caused Winnie to start, accidentally dropping the magazine she held for cover. The boy stopped in his tracks, turning to stare at her, wide-eyed. For a moment, his mouth hung open, forming words that had no voice, and then...

"You weren't supposed to hear that," he said shakily. "How much did you...?"

Winnie took a chance. Wan was her friend as well; he'd forgive her for this. At least, that was her logic when she snatched his arm and began to tow him back to where Muri still stood back near the corner.

"Not much," she admitted, realizing the timbre of her voice was quite akin to the panic she had heard in his. "But you're going to fill in the blanks."

The Cast So Far
Cookieninja as Cookie as Frodo Baggins
Someone as Wan as Samwise "Sam" Gamgee
Julissa Holly Fowl as Clare as Gandalf the Grey
MuriUmbrielCordeliaN as Muriadoc "Muri" as Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck
Duck With No Name as Winona "Winnie" as Peregrin "Pippin" Took
ImageImageImage

Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Post by Duck With No Name » Sun 29th Aug 2010

Coolness! :D It was amazing, AA! :D And you have me in character too! ^_^ As usual, you have perfect grammar and spellings and I can't spot a single mistake! :D I can't wait for more, AA! :)

crazychick
LEPrecon Officer

Post by crazychick » Tue 14th Sep 2010

Oh, wow, AA. :) That was.. beautiful. Ironic, too. ;) I think you've given me an idea...
Artificial Asian wrote: She had never heard her cousin sound so... broken.
*shakes head sadly* So familiar...
Official FanGathering Ranger

SERVANT MORTAL

BRAVE <3

LET IT FADE

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 2nd Dec 2010

Thanks.
. . . I wrote more. XD I would guess that no one cares anymore. Like the quote from LotR, none now live who remember [this fic] :lol:

So here's a rushed, sucky chapter for the sole purpose of trying to get this going again ^_^
Chapter has a bit of PG13 for violence.

FOUR

The cafe, as it turned out, was not as deserted as Muri had hoped it would be. Instead of being dead, as it usually was at this time of day, the Green Dragon already had a patron seated at the table that they had hoped to sit at. But as they approached, Muri's face broke out into a grin. This was no stranger at all- it was Fruity Bolger, from downtown. Fruity was an old friend of Muri and Winnie's, and both of them would trust her with quite a lot. Perhaps, rather than a hindrance, this coincidence could turn out to be for the better.

Muri strode forward confidently, hearing Wan let out a low sound of protest as Winnie dragged him forward by the ear. Muri fought back a smile. Perhaps she should have told her friend to be more gentle... then again, he deserved it for keeping important things from them. If there was something wrong regarding Cookie, their mutual friend, then she expected to be told, not avoided and kept in the dark. Surely, he could understand that.

"Fruity!" Winnie cried happily when she, too, recognized the girl seated on the nearest bench. Wan, mercifully, was released as the younger girl caught a surprised Fruity Bolger in a tight hug. Muri smiled at their bewildered friend, sliding onto the bench beside her as Winnie pulled back and reclaimed her grip on their hostage.

"Muri, Winnie," Fruity greeted with a smile, nodding to each in their turn. "And Wan Gamgee as well, if I remember correctly." Another cordial smile and nod.

Wan, his face pink, nodded back as Winnie pulled him down beside her, on the bench across from the others. He had obviously not expected to be reintroduced to anyone while being toted around by the earlobe, and was finding it rather degrading to his dignity. But Muri had better things to worry about at the moment than the comfort of her friend. Quickly scanning the room for any prying eyes, finding none, she leaned in closer to Fruity.

"Listen," she said quietly, any trace of mirth having left her voice. "Wins and I, we have to talk to you about something. And you have to swear never to tell a soul."

Fruity raised an eyebrow, looking curiously between her friends. She couldn't recall the last time Muri and Winnie had been so deadly serious about something. But if there was something wrong, anything at all, she would be happy to help them.

"Of course I swear," she replied quickly, a hint of excitement in her voice. Muri did not fail to catch this. She only hoped that what they had to discuss would turn out to be as light as their friend was taking it.

Leaning forward once more, she looked to Wan.

"I think you'd better explain."

~*~

And after that final blow, she could take no more. Arching back and letting out a scream of agony and surrender, her vision blurred from the pain and the tears, she forced her mind to work, to recall those two short words that would save her, that would end the pain. The torture. She no longer cared that they would find the thing before her. The white hot stinging of the blows was enough to convince her it didn't matter that much. So, with the last bit of strength she had left inside her, she screamed the information they wanted.

The silence was immediate, broken only by her own wrenching sobs and cries. She felt a trail of her own fresh blood trail down her arm from where her wrist was bound far too tightly. But they had stopped, and that was what mattered. The rest she would figure out later.

At last, through the eerie quiet, a soft voice rose above her own, hungrily echoing the words that she had screamed.

"Shire..." it repeated. "Baggins..."

~*~

The letter came in the early morning, reaching its destination with all the desired speed of its sender. When the messenger knocked on her door, she looked up from her paper immediately, rising and hurrying to answer. She had been expecting this for some time, now. Word must have finally come from Clare. As the envelope was clutched tightly in her hands at last, the telltale handwriting telling her that she had been correct, a shiver passed through her.

Whatever news this letter bore, it would be the first sign of what was about to happen. The events had finally been set in motion. The ring had been found.

The Cast So Far
Paopufruit as Fruity as Fredegar "Fatty" Bolger
ImageImageImage

Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Post by Duck With No Name » Thu 2nd Dec 2010

Aww, poor Someone! XD AA, we could never forget this fic- it's epic! :D You write beautifully and your stories are always great. :) I really can't wait for more- it's getting really suspenseful! Please update as soon as you can! ^_^

Paopufruit
Dwarf Thief
Location: In my basement, contemplating my purpose in the universe... and eating a cookie.

Post by Paopufruit » Fri 3rd Dec 2010

Whoa!!! I need to check the Fanfiction section more often xD
Thanks for the charrie!! It's turning out great, AA!!

cookieninja
LEP Commander

Post by cookieninja » Sat 4th Dec 2010

WOAH!
Yay!
I love this so much :) I can't fathom my love in words.
I wish it could be a book. Just saying :)
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 5th Dec 2010

Joy, you guys still like it ^_^ This is wonderful motivation to update. Which I have. Unusually quickly. O_o So here you go.

~*~

FIVE

She reached the inn before daybreak, the chill of the early morning just beginning to hang around her as she slid off her horse. She left the beast for the stable hands; they were trained to handle horses, after all, and she had no time to take care of him herself. For all she knew, she was too late. It had taken her longer than she had hoped to reach the Prancing Pony, and now that she was finally here, she could see no sign of the one she had planned on meeting here. Reaching the door and ducking inside, she slid the hood from atop her head, surveying the scene inside.

Being as early as it was, there was next to no one in the main room of the inn. The lights were on at a dim setting, only enough to light the proprietor's way as she frowned down at the paper on the counter. With a sigh of both impatience and relief that someone was actually there, the newcomer strode up to the front desk, pointedly bringing her hand down to get the other girl's attention. The worker looked up, looking slightly flustered. She had probably awakened fairly recently. For a moment, the other girl felt sorry for her.

"Are you Hannah Butterbur?" she asked in a low voice, keeping her gaze locked with that of the bartender. The girl nodded slowly, reaching for something below the counter that the newcomer hoped wasn't a weapon or alarm. It would probably be best to elaborate before Butterbur did something she would regret.

"You have something for me," she explained. "From a person of high standing." She paused, ultimately deciding that she could trust the girl at least this far. "Her name is Clare Grey."

Hannah's eyes widened, and there was a hint of an excited glimmer in them. Her hand emerged atop the counter once again, this time with a small envelope clutched in it. The other girl's heartbeat sped up.

"Can you tell me your name, stranger?" Hannah asked slowly, her voice shaking from nerves and excitement. "I was bidden to give this letter only to that person who can match the name she gave exactly."

There was silence for a moment, and then the girl reached out to take the envelope, a small smile on her lips.

"Alanna," she said softly. "Alanna Zelen. Now, if I may have that from you, please."

With a grin, Hannah passed the envelope over to Alanna, making sure to take care not to wrinkle or otherwise mar it. This was a message between two individuals who possessed power that she could not imagine, and she was honored to be the carrier of such a thing.

~*~

Cookie stared out her window, watching as her friends came up the path and towards the door. They were talking amongst themselves, laughing. Nothing was wrong in their world. Nothing was about to change their lives forever. She sighed, slipping off the window seat and moving to open the door for them. They were so carefree, so happy. She wished that she could join in their joy, if only for a time, but there was far more going on in her life. Things that they, even her closest friends, would never understand. Just a few hours earlier, she had been on a walk with Winnie, her youngest friend, and the girl had not seemed to notice anything wrong with her friend. Even when Cookie had stopped and stared down at the hill by her house, muttering to herself and wondering if she would ever see the place again... But, she supposed, she was making an effort to be subtle, and it was probably a good thing that no one would notice.

Cookie forced a smile as her friends walked in the door, Wan bringing up the lead and exchanging a sad smile with her. He had been doing that quite a lot since yesterday, ever since they had come back after meeting with Clare. There was almost a hint of guilt in it... but there couldn't be, could there? Wan had nothing to feel guilty about, after all. He was her only companion in this torture, the only one who could understand what she was going through. The look that passed between Muri and Winnie as they entered, however, was positively conspiratorial. Cookie swallowed, forcing herself to smile and hoping that they weren't planning some elaborate joke to pull over on her. That was just about the last thing she needed right now.

As Cookie swung the door shut behind her friends, she wondered once again whether she would ever come back to this place, to these people she loved so much. But she could never take them with her, not Muri and Winnie. They were too young, and too naive to understand the importance of the situation. She would never put her younger cousins in such danger willingly. And as soon as Clare returned the following morning, she and Wan would leave this life, possibly forever, to dive headfirst into the most dangerous thing she could ever have imagined.

~*~
The Cast So Far
Paopufruit as Fruity as Fredegar "Fatty" Bolger
Alanna-Lena Zelen as Alanna Zelen as Aragorn/Strider

Minor Role for This Chapter
Dontkillchic as Hannah as Barliman Butterbur
ImageImageImage

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Mon 6th Dec 2010

*hugs AA* Aww, thank you muchly. Very nicely done.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Post by Duck With No Name » Mon 6th Dec 2010

Yay! :D An instant update! :D Again, it's great and I can't wait for more! ^_^ There really is nothing more to say- no mistakes, nothing! It's perfect! ^_^

CaptainMiraKelp
LEPrecon Officer

Post by CaptainMiraKelp » Tue 7th Dec 2010

*basks in the awesome* no, really, this rocks! :)
To solve a mystery, you sometimes need to take risks.

Paopufruit
Dwarf Thief
Location: In my basement, contemplating my purpose in the universe... and eating a cookie.

Post by Paopufruit » Tue 7th Dec 2010

0.0 whoa, freaky-fast update! xD This really is a great story, AA! I love how you write with detail!