All Or Nothing

Are you a writer? Want to share the pieces what you've written?
Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

All Or Nothing

Post by Visorak16 » Mon 7th Sep 2009

(I'm still trying to come up with a better name. Keep in mind this is a rough draft.)
Chapter 1: Awakening
It was a bright night, a night of brilliant stars, comets, and constellations. These wanderers of the heavens were beautiful though somewhat overshadowed by the bright glow of the two moons which were overhead. Markoes had a perfect view of all this because he was lying on his back, looking straight up. “How do I know my name is Markoes?” He thought. “For that matter do I know my name is Markoes?” He tried hard to remember if it was his name, but the only thing that came to his mind was a great blankness. It wasn’t a blur, like when you know you’ve forgotten something, but blankness. He couldn’t be sure he had any memories to remember. “Think, what is the last thing you remember?” He thought for a minute before he realized his last memory was falling flat on his back a few minutes ago.
He started to panic. He was alone with out even experience to guide him. He prayed. He did not know why he did or why he remembered to do it, but he did so all the same. When he was done, his first thought was he had injured himself in the fall. “Time for a diagnosis.” he said aloud. “Verbal and audio, functions appear to be working, as are the visual functions.” He got up and did a few stretches exercises, all the while checking off the things that worked. “Hmm, I must have impaired my cerebrum somehow (without causing any cranial swelling), which in turn damaged my long term memory function. For I know how to do things I practiced and I’m remembering everything I know now.” He pondered this and it seemed logical or at least as logical as he was going to get without further information.
He decided to go look for water, for which he automatically knew he would need. He soon found a little creek. It was very still, but not sterile. “It’s probably not the cleanest thing in the world, but I don’t really care at the moment.” he said this mostly just to hear a human voice. He drank his fill and looked around. There was nothing to be seen, with the exception of a great variety of trees and foliage. He peered into the water, and stared at his own reflection. He had black, (or maybe brown hair it was hard to tell in the dark), very pale skin, seemed to be wearing camouflage uniform and appeared to be within the age range of thirteen through seventeen. “I’ll be fifteen.” he thought.
Markoes got up and looked around again He saw a light in the distance, which either he hadn’t seen or wasn’t their before. Curious, he set out to investigate this development. When he got there, he was astonished. The fire came from a campfire in the center of and old stone building, which didn’t have a ceiling. Inside the building, there were about twenty people, measuring no more than five feet high, surrounding an altar like thing that had a girl on it. “This can’t be good. I hope they’re not going to do what I think their going to do.” It got worse. The people were obviously very angry about something, and the largest of them, walked up to the altar and began shouting something to the crowd. Markoes couldn’t hear anything, but what ever it was stirred up the people to almost a frenzy. He watched horror as the leader got ready to bash the girl’s head in, with a gold staff.
Suddenly, all rational thought left Markoes’s head. He leaped into action. First, he pushed his way to the altar; then he grabbed the golden staff out the startled leader’s hands. Unfortunately, there came an awful realization. “How am I supposed to get her out of here? Even if she is half my weight, it would still be a burden.” However while he was thinking these thoughts his arms and hands had automatically did what he deemed impossible. “Her bones must be hollow#!” However, there was no time to think. Once he had her in his arms, he dashed away from the building. “Well this is fun. What better way to start filling my mind with memories than being a hero.” Once he was sure he wasn’t being followed, he laid her on the ground and tried to wake her up, which turned out to be very painful.
(to be continued)
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Re: All Or Nothing

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Mon 7th Sep 2009

READ IT ALREADY! lol.. I went on your comp once and read this... good so far

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Thu 10th Sep 2009

“Um, wake up miss.” “I wish I remember whether or not I had sisters. It might make this job a little easier. “Wake up#!” he said louder. “It’s okay, you’re safe now.”
Suddenly her eyes flickered to life. She snatched the golden staff out of his hands (in the same manner he had stolen it from the leader of the other people just a few minutes ago), and kicked him the stomach. Stunned from the first attack, (for the obvious reasons besides the pain) he was barely prepared for a second one. He blocked, but had to block another, the girl seemed to be full of them. “The problem with fighting girls, besides the fact they can be very good, is you don’t want to hurt them and they sure want to hurt you. This one especially wants to hurt me. Well, when women stop acting like ladies (for instance if they try to kill you) men should stop treating them like ones.” This girl seemed especially un-lady-like in his eye, for several attempts to hit him in his privets. Thankfully his uniform included a protector for these. “That’s it#!” he thought.
He let her hit his protector with the golden staff, and pretended to be subdued. She let out a satisfied sigh. Suddenly as quick as a flash he grabbed the golden staff, but instead of jerking it away, he got behind her and grabbed the other side. In this position, he forced her into a pin. “If I let you go, do you promise not to attack me?” The girl stayed perfectly still. “What if she doesn’t understand my language? This could make things difficult.”
However, after a while, she nodded her head, and Markoes let her go, however still clutched the staff firmly. “Now, who are you? What is your name?” asked Markoes, a little shaky after receiving several bruises. Studying her for the first time, incase she attempted to strike, he noticed she didn’t seem very human. Her skin, instead of pale like his, was actually a very light color of red.
“I am Katana of the Warawin clan Valor. And you are?” she asked.
“I am Markoes.” he answered.
“Is Markoes your whole name?” she pressed.
He thought for a minute, and then replied “Markoes X. Latalo.”
She seemed to be waiting for something. Markoes for his part didn’t know what to do next or what she expected.
Finally, Katana heaved a sigh and said, “I see you don’t even recognize my name, human.” She said the last word in obvious contempt.
“No. Should I?” She was about to answer when a voice from behind her said, “Yes, you should. Her species and her family destroyed your great race!”

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Sat 3rd Oct 2009

Kay, Vis, You need to seperate the paragraphs so that it isn't one huge block.

secondly, I wanna describtion of both the charas so I can draw 'em for you

thirdly, very nice update ^^

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Tue 6th Oct 2009

I like it. What is the girl's species?
Read my pathetic stories I wrote on -----
https://www.fanfiction.net/~thescarletibis

View my horrible drawings on -----
https://koreanchic.deviantart.com/

In Af fanfiction, I'm theScarletIbis!
Check out my stories:
https://artemisfowl.fangathering.com/fanfiction/author/TheScarletIbis/

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Tue 6th Oct 2009

(thanks iwuvarty)
The owner of the voice stepped out and revealed himself as one of the small people he had just rescued Katana from few moments ago. Markoes couldn’t make out the boy’s feature very clearly in the dark, but he could tell the boy had short and curly dark hair, probably black, and the boy was dressed in clothes that looked as if they had been nicer than they were now. The boy’s face had a light complexion and a few freckles.
“Who are you?” asked Markoes. “And what did you say?”
“My name is John of the X-amites, and what I said was her people attacked and mercilessly killed your people.” This statement troubled Markoes. He felt inclined to be incredulous, but the girl attacked him without cause, save for fright, and he doubted the young X-amite would say such bold thing in such surety if it were not true.
“Is what he says true?” asked Markoes.
“Yes, we of the Warawin fought with our brothers to bring peace to the world by striking down enemies of the Priests.” she said defensively.
“We and the humans didn’t want to join a puppet regime.” said John, as he retaliated. This led to a whole stream of insults from both sides.
“Heretic#!” shouted Katana.
“Loyalist.” retorted John so on and so forth. Meanwhile Markoes’ head was spinning. Who was he suppose to believe. Finally, he had enough of the fighting.
“Warmonger!” said Katana.
“You’re the Warmonger!” said John.
“Quiet.” said Markoes calmly but in a very serious tone, which made them both stop. “I don’t know anything about this, and you two aren’t helping. Right now I don’t care much about the past, what are we going to do at the present.”
Both were taken aback by his words.
“What do you mean you don’t know anything what we’re talking about?” asked Katana. “Oh great, how am I going to explain this one?” wondered Markoes. After a long silence, which confirmed what he had said, John asked,
“How could you not know? Don’t you remember any of the twenty years of tyranny these priests of hers have wrought on this world?” Suddenly Markoes’ natural cool left him.
“I don’t even remember anything about my own life much less the life of this world.” Understanding slowly dawned on John’s face while Katana’s looked like she couldn’t care less if a human had lost his marbles.
“You mean you have amnesia?” asked the X-amite.
“It’s a possibility. I personally think I somehow injured my cerebrum.” replied Markoes. “Hmm, that could explain a lot.” said John.
“Like what?” asked Markoes.
“Like, what happened tonight.” replied John.
“Well could you two please tell me what happened before I showed up?” asked Markoes. “I will.” interjected Katana unexpectedly, and she began her tale.
“My people, the Warawin are allied with the giant and ape like Gorigon, the Purple skinned Amytheans, the fierce Pixies, and gruesome yet loyal Galkens. The Priests of the seven virtues rule and lead us in war and in domestic affairs.
We lead a successful war against the United Kingdoms, as they called themselves. When our armies broke the alliance, only the X-amities remained. They now hide in our forest poaching whatever they can. Every so often, the bravest Gorigons venture into the forests to attack the X-amites. They usually bring a few Warawin trained in Martial-medicine, like me, to heal their wounds. However, this time we were ambushed by the X-amites and were defeated.”
The rest of my Warawin kin escaped on the backs of the few remaining Gorigons. I however was captured, and consciousness soon left me. I woke up a few minutes ago staring up at what every child of my people believe to be our long dead enemy, who was holding my weapon.” She added the last part with obvious irritation.

Here's a list of the different types of people in this world.
Cosmos: A legendary species, nothing much is known about them, except they are assumed to be extinct. They were the one’s who brought all the other races/species to this strange world.

Priests: There are only seven known members of these species on the planet. They are thin, and old. Their entire body looks as if it is compose of gray matter. Their skin is clammy and they have fish like eyes. Their necks are long and they have no hair. They rule the world with an iron first, but their power slowly diminishes further away from the capital. Scientifically advanced, they are perhaps the only ones who can figure out the cosmos technology.

Warawins: They look human enough but they internally different. Their bones are more like bird bones than mammal bones. They have red skin and a hot disposition to boot. Competitive and ambitious, they were bitter rivals of the humans. They one of the two races most loyal to the Priests.

Gorigons: Ape like in appearance, they are the muscle in the world. Aggressive and racially proud, they tend to dislike most of the other species. Surprisingly, they are one of the two most loyal races to the priests. Though they were clothes, it is sometimes hard to tell, because they love fur and hides.

Pixies: They are the smallest people in the world, usually only two feet height. Some have said they are the most submissive people in the world, working well with all regimes. This is only a surface observation. They have an inner strength and determination. Because they are physically powerful, they prefer to work the system and they are good at.

Amytheans: They have purple skin and purple hair. Beyond that, they are pretty human. Indifference is probably the best term to describe their attitude towards the government. They were in charge of the navy, which didn’t play that much of an important role in the war. They are mostly fishermen and sailors.

Galkens: Tribal and warlike in nature. They are amphibians, with green skin, extremely athletic build, and frog like eyes. They live mostly in swamp lands. They don’t fit in well with the rest of society, but they are very close to themselves. Blood is thicker than water, and their blood is the thickest of them all. They allied with the Priests, because the Priests promised to protect their lands.

Humans: You know what we look like. The humans lead the failed revolution for independence. There aren’t many humans left. The priests tried to eradicate them, and most people believe they succeeded.

X-amites: Beings resembling Halflings. They are the most like humans in the world, though smaller. They are the last people who have not submitted to the Priests. Hiding in the forests, they attack all who go in there.

Giants: They just want to be left alone. Averaging eight feet in height, they can crush a human skull in their fists. They have been humbled by the Empire. They pay their taxes and follow the laws, but they don’t interact much with the rest of society. They live mostly in the north.

Goblins: They are in it for profit. In this they are the most predictable and unpredictable race in the world. They look human except for green skin and pointed ears. They are found everywhere in the world.

The sentient wolves: They are the hunters. If you want something, they can most likely get it. They live where ever they want. Most of the time they are wolves, but some claim to see them in human like shapes. This had never been validated. Some also work as guards or police officers.
Last edited by Visorak16 on Thu 8th Oct 2009, edited 1 time in total.

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Wed 7th Oct 2009

oooooh!
I wanna be one of The sentient wolves!
Lol. I will be called the uh... have no idea! XD

Wolf: bark bark! :P (You are human!)
me: shut up

Check out my stories:

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Wed 7th Oct 2009

Nice update vis! Haha, John's real good at coming up with insults xD "no YOUR the-" and so one xD

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Thu 8th Oct 2009

Heeeeeeehheheeehehehheheheheeeeeee
John insulted

I found out a name!
The sentient wolves: ADOLPHA of the Sentinet Wolves! XD
(Adolpha means: Feminine form of Latin Adolphus, meaning "noble wolf." ) heehee

wolf: you are human! Grrrrr!!
iwa: Eeeeeek!

Check out my stories:

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Fri 23rd Oct 2009

She was silent, a sign showing she was finished.
“Alright, now what’s your perspective on tonight?” asked Markoes, looking towards John.
“Well, before the war, these ancient beings, who called themselves the Cosmos, summoned each of the eleven races here from their respective worlds to serve them. However, after awhile five of the races led the initial uprising, the Priests, the Warawin, the Gorigon, the Humans, and the sentient wolves known as the Witan.
After we overthrew our tyrants, the races asked the Priests to remain judges of the people. This was fine; however, they soon began to take on a more active role as ministers.
The Humans, fearing a one-world government, decided to as tactile as they could announced they wish to govern their own lands. Four other races decided to do likewise, and start their own kingdoms. These races were the Witan, the League of Goblins, the Giant Republic, and we the woodland X-amites. The Priests and their people now calling themselves the Allornuns, took this as an active revolt, and soon made plans for retaliation. When they attacked the Giant Republic, the Humans offered their help. The rest of the outcaste followed their example and soon set up The United Kingdoms.
The Priests, unbeknownst to the rest of the races, unlocked many secrets of the Cosmos technology. With this advanced firepower the Kingdoms soon fell. However, the Human president, George Madison, and his two Generals, Five Star General John Blake, whom I am named for, and Four Star General Alexander Hawkshaw, led the Militias and Freedom fighters of the fallen Kingdoms. In one great battle, The Battle of Warawin valley, the entire resistance was crushed, by the Priests’ new death machine, they named the Basilisk. It opened a portal into another dimension, which pulled almost our entire army, including all of the human soldiers into it. The Allornians then rounded up all the Humans, except for ones at Roanoke (which was overrun with giant spiders) and put them all into the prison world.
We the X-amites fled back into our forest, where the Basilisk could not come. However, the Gorigons still pester us sometimes and this time we beat them back, except for one Warawin whom they left behind. We took her to be a prisoner of war, but Xor retold all their past misdeeds to us, and the mob decided to publicly execute her.
Then one of the heroes and martyrs of our legends rescues our enemy and flees into the night. Shocked and puzzled, my people sent me to see what was going on. Then I found you fighting with her, and I decided to observe. When you showed ignorance to the nature of these monsters, I revealed myself and knowledge to you.
He too also ended his story in silence. Markoes thought for a minute and asked, “What will you do now, Katana?”
“If I can navigate through this forest, I will attempt to rejoin my people.” she said sternly and started to walk off with her staff.
“Let her leave Master Markoes. Come back to my people and we surely welcome you into our tribe.”
Markoes thought about it for a minute. It sounded tempting; however, his conscience wouldn’t allow it.
“Do you know your way around the forest?” he asked.
“Why yes, it is my home.” answered John, a little offended.
“Then let’s help that Warawin.” John looked surprised.
“But why?” he asked.
“Because it is the chivalrous thing to do.” Seeing that this did not impress John, Markoes added, “And besides, do you want her wandering around in your forest?” John thought about it for a second, and then replied.
“No, now that you mention it.”
“Then let’s get her out of here as quickly as possible.”
(I've got plenty of updates. How soon do you want them.)

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Sat 24th Oct 2009

Oh oh surrrrrrrrrrrrre
NOW u update!
I HAVE BEEN Waiting for SOOOO LONG!!!!
GRRRRR

and OMG
U changed your sig!!! O.O
And with nooo bible verse in them!

Check out my stories:

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Sat 24th Oct 2009

(sorry, I originally ment to post the updates once a week. I forgot when my last one was. Here's another one to help make up for it.)
After catching up with her, Katana decided to let them show her the way out of the forest, as if it was a privilege for them to do so, although she did say thank you instead of your welcome. John muttered under his breath, while Markoes gave a half hearted your welcome. Markoes thought she was the most annoying person he had ever rescued, which there wasn’t much competition for, but he thought it all the same. After an hour, they grew used to each other’s company, and everyone’s annoyance was replaced by mutual boredom.
They walked for another hour or so, and decided to get some sleep before the whole night was used up. Katana picked a tree, climbed gracefully up its spine and lay down to sleep. John started to do the same until he saw Markoes lying on the ground. He climbed back down with careless feline grace.
“What are you doing?” he asked.
“I’m trying to make my self comfortable.” replied Markoes.
“The ground can’t very comfortable.” he said.
“Well I don’t see how a tree would be any more so than the forest floor. Especially if the boughs break under my weight.” said Markoes.
“Good point, well then I’ll stay down here for a while.” “You don’t have to.” said Markoes.
“No I insist.” They lay there on opposite sides of the tree trunk for a while; admiring the same stars Markoes had been hours ago. Markoes thought for a while. How was he supposed to fit in to this world? His people, he had been told were destroyed. Whom would he call his people?
“Tell me about your people, John. Who are they, and why do they call themselves the X-amites?”
“Well Markoes, my people come from the world of X-tralia. There was always something extra to discover, to do, to invent, to explore. We have always been mysterious, even amongst ourselves, which is why we call ourselves X-amites.” said John.
“You know, you don’t seem to be very mysterious.” said Markoes.
“What can I say? It’s an art, and I’m just not very good at art. We also often have names beginning with X. That gives us some mysterious points.” said John jestingly.
“I guess. Still even then you aren’t mysterious. There aren’t many names with the letter X in the beginning though.” commented Markoes.
“Not in your language perhaps. In mine there are plenty, and we also substitute an X for a K, a C, a Z, and an S if it’s the beginning letter.”
“Clever.” said Markoes
“Anyway, when we were pulled into this world by means unknown, we fought along side your kind, and even now we are the only ones who will not submit to the Priests.”
“The Priests weren’t always our enemies. Didn’t you say they rose up against the tyranny of the Cosmos?” asked Markoes.
“Well, the Cosmos were the ones who brought us here from our worlds. They gave each of the races a job to do. We were to be the keepers of the forest and hunt the fowl, the Warawin were to be farmers, so on and so forth.”
“What did the others do?” asked Markoes.
“The Giants were to be builders, the Amytheans fisher men, the Pixies messengers, the Witan hunted the beasts of the earth, the Goblins became merchants, and the Gorigon were to be, surprisingly enough miners. They like the dark and digging and stuff like that.” replied John. “What were my people to be?” asked Markoes.
“Oh, yes. The Humans were to be cow-boys, just like they use to be from what I heard.” Markoes thought for a while. “Hmm, its nice to know my race did something cool. What didn’t he say there were eleven races? He only named ten a moment ago.”
“You still haven’t told me anything about the Priests. Who are the Priests, and what did they do?” asked Markoes.
“Oh yeah. I forgot. The Priests are these strange beings who seem unfit to do any physical labor. They look like humans with long necks, except their whole body looks as if it’s composed of only grey cells. They were set in charge of maintaining peace, however at this they failed miserably. They knew people couldn’t all be good at or even like their occupation, even if their race as a whole excelled at it. They sowed discontent amongst the people, and gathered together the Gorigon, the Witan, the Warawin, and the Humans to discuss revolt. How they accomplished this is unknown, except that Alexander Hawkshaw played a part in it. However after the revolt, the Priest began to fill the space the Cosmos had left. It was easy to do because the people were mostly uneducated. The plan was not accepted by the Humans however. After they left, the Priests turned against them, and you already know that part.” Markoes nodded. He felt very sad all of the sudden, and wanted the conversation to end.
“We should get some sleep John. I’m going to get some.” And the conversation ended just like that.

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Sat 24th Oct 2009

*clap clap clap*

Very nice update

updates.

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Sun 25th Oct 2009

You have fans Vis!!!
Yey Vis

Check out my stories:

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Wed 18th Nov 2009

In the morning, Katana woke up first, and then took on the task of waking the boys. “Wake up. Wake up#!” This however did not work. She, however, persevered. First, she climbed up the tree a little ways to where John was sleeping. Then she picked him up and threw him right into Markoes’ stomach.
“Ooh.” they said in unison, as they had their breath simultaneously knocked out of them. They were awake now.
“I told you to get up. Now let’s get going.” They grudgingly followed.
“Do all girls act in similar fashion?” asked Markoes, though he had a vague feeling, girls would be girls.
“Most of the girls I know, which would be my cousins.” said John.
“You have cousins?” asked Markoes.
“Yep, six.” replied John, proudly. “And those are just the girls. They drive me crazy sometimes, but they are my family and I still love them.”
Markoes absorbed this. He missed whatever life he might have had. He also thought about John’s offer form the night before. Would his people really accept him? Could he ever have something like a family?
“Let’s catch up with Katana.” he said at last. After a few hours walk, they broke for lunch. John had gone off to retrieve some forest surplus, while Markoes and Katana were left to guard their site. Markoes also wanted to talk to Katana alone. Not for romantic reasons mind you, that was the furthest thing from his mind. In truth, he wanted to talk to her without the prejudice John would bring into the conversation. Though Markoes felt he sided with John on most things, he still wanted to bridge some of the gap in the group.
“So Katana, where do you live? I mean where are we going?” She appeared to either like his curiousness or his ignorance. At any rate, she obliged him with an answer.
“To the beautiful city of Felmewreth. It is the capitol of my empire, and it is also a warawin settlement.” she answered enthusiastically.
“What is it like?” asked Markoes.
“It is beautiful, a city my people would willingly die for. We Warawin built it and we Warawin shall defend. Because of its splendor, it is where the priests reside, and make important decisions. It is also where young Warawins go to learn the ever important art of war.” “If the war is over except for the X-amites, why is the art of war so important to you?” she looked surprised.
“I thought humans understood war. The threat of war is always close at hand, and the art of war is useful for domesticate affairs as well. The warrior code is the code of honor for my people. It teaches us how to defend ourselves and how to crush our enemies. Through strict discipline, we remain strong. There is hardly any lawlessness among my people, for any crime is insubordination, which is shunned amongst my people almost as much as cowardice. The military school I go to, Martial Maximum, teaches how to fight, and in turn how to live.”
“But war should be a means to an aim, and the aim should be to liberate not to conquer. Is this not so?” asked Markoes. She hesitated for a moment.
“Yes, but sometimes the best way to stop war is to remove any threat of it.” replied Katana.
“Is that what you did when you attacked the United Kingdoms? Removed a threat?” he asked. Again, she hesitated, but replied, “Yes, to a certain extent.”
“But if you have the best warriors why should you feel threatened?” asked Markoes, hoping he didn’t insult her, she didn’t look mad though. She was about to answer, when John reappeared, leaving them both things to think about.