Teal, the color of teardrops.

Are you a writer? Want to share the pieces what you've written?
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Teal, the color of teardrops.

Post by HollyShort9 » Tue 23rd Dec 2008

I want to thank some people for this before we get on with the one shot;
A long time ago, I saw a story called "Teal, the Color of Teardrops" or something like that in the fanfiction archive. When I read it, I cried. I'd like to thank the author, because I remembered that just now, and then got inspired to write this. (Even though I can't remember the authors' name, thanks!)
I'd also like to thank Mashishi Kishimoto, because if they hadn't created Naruto, I would have never gotten this idea.

Okay, warning to people who are Naruto/Sakura fans (they're from Naruto): THIS IS A NARUTO/HINATA ONE-SHOT.

And one more thing: "Baka" is the Japanese word for "Idiot" or "Stupid". I don't know which one it is, but I know it's one of the two. XD

ON WITH THE STORY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teal is the color of teardrops...

Naruto was sad. He couldn’t help it. He knew that Hinata had a crush on him, but he didn’t really like her back; he just had to pretend to be stupid, because he didn’t want to hurt her feelings.
But he noticed that Sakura was becoming a bit more kind to him, ever since he tried to bring Sasuke back for her, even though he had failed. And he liked her; he had asked her out before, but she had only had eyes for Sasuke.
Was he making the wrong decision on liking Sakura and not Hinata? After all, everyone knows she has a crush on him and thinks he’s stupid. And she is kind of pretty.
She probably would even give up her life for his if she had to.
What was he going to do?

Naruto was sitting at home, trying to decide. Sakura or Hinata? It was up to him; after all, he was the guy. He couldn’t come up with a solution, no matter how hard he tried. “Should I even have either of them?” he wondered out loud. “If I can’t decide between them because I’m so stupid, I guess I don’t really deserve either of them.” He sighed.
Sakura was probably only being his friend, after all. She still only had a mind and eyes for Sasuke. And if she’d turned him down before, she’d probably just do it again.
Or would she?
He didn’t know. But he was torn. Torn between the two girls. Whatever decision he made would affect the rest of his life. What was he going to do? He couldn’t just say “sorry Hinata, I can’t decide between you and Sakura, so I don’t get either of you” and “sorry Sakura, I can’t decide between you and Hinata, so I don’t get either of you”. It’d be too rude to tell two girls that he liked another girl, too, wouldn’t it?

He took a deep breath, trying to decide. Then he got it.
“Sakura’s too fed-up with me and in love with Sasuke,” he decided. “And everybody knows that Hinata has a crush on me, so I guess I’ll ask out Hinata.”
He didn’t think more on it, because otherwise, he may think his decision is wrong. Maybe it was. But he didn’t want to get a headache, so he left it at that.
Naruto got up and walked outside. He saw Hinata sitting on a bench. “Perfect,” he whispered. “I didn’t even have to look for her.”
He walked up and asked her out—she fainted for a few minutes. But when she woke up, she said yes before she fainted again.
Sakura, unfortunately, was unhappy with this decision, when he went to tell her the good—or possibly bad—news.
“You baka!” she yelled. “I was finally getting over Sasuke and now you’re leaving me too. Baka! Baka! Baka!” Then she ran off.
Naruto felt crumbled inside. He had loved her for so long and she’d said no. Hinata loved him and he was starting to think he loved her too, deep down inside—what was he supposed to do?
Hinata and Naruto went out for a long time, until finally, Naruto asked her to marry him. She had squealed and said “yes”. She seemed to sense that there was now a rift between Naruto and Sakura that had never been there before, even though it was slowly mending. So when she decided what color her wedding dress would be, she decided it would be teal.

Because teal is the color of teardrops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D You likey? Comment, please!
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.