#34 - Umm... What's In My Drink?

An Artemis Fowl game, open for anyone to join in. Read the stickied thread for details.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

#34 - Umm... What's In My Drink?

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 25th Jul 2009

The main characters of Artemis Fowl are out on a picnic. And Artemis has whipped up some... er... strange concoctions for drinks.
Your job is to think up a crazy, weird, wild drink that he gave someone at the picnic (be it Holly, Mulch, Foaly, or whoever).

Let the challenge begin!
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Re: #34 - Umm... What's In My Drink?

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Sat 25th Jul 2009

So, basically, we gotta make up a drink that has some CRAZY shizz in there? Like, Good or bad? And just make it up?
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

HollyShort9

Yep.
And you can't steal something, like lemonade, or hot chocolate. You can put something like that in there along with some other stuff, but you have to be original.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Sat 25th Jul 2009

So how do we present the drinks? Like, are we to write the story or just descrbe the drink?
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.

Join me:

HollyShort9

You can do a little mini-one shot about it, for instance,

'Holly took the drink from Artemis. "Um... thanks," she said. She took a sip of it. It tasted nice. "Just wondering, what's in it?"
"Oh, nothing much," Artemis responded. "Just blended carrots, lemons, oranges, and... some ground up salad."
Holly spit it out, disgusted.'

Or you can just describe it. Pretty much whatever floats your boat.

Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Post by Miasaki-chan » Sat 25th Jul 2009

Foaly took the drink warily, but drank it in one gulp. A few minutes later, he was bouncing off the walls.

Holly:What was IN that?

Artemis:Nothing much. Just sugar, splenda, and the equivelent of 25 cups of coffee.

*cue evil smile*
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Sat 25th Jul 2009

Holly stared at the offered glass,”Artemis, why is there MUD in my cup?”
Besides her, Mulch spat out his drink in disgust,” I thought you were going to give me a glass of water, not this.... revolting ... What’s in it anyway?”
Artemis blushed, he had gotten the glasses mixed up, “Well, the mud was supposed to be for-“

Behind him Butler dropped his own glass, fainting. Minerva stared into her own glass, concerned. Foaly whinnied in their folly; he had brought his own flask of carrot juice. Artemis almost turned as red as a beetroot, or Root, depending on your point of view. No 1 rushed to Butler’s side, also having not trusted Artemis’s drink. Holly’s eyes, the mismatched blue and brown combination, met Artemis’s concerned frown.
The LEP captain came straight out with her thoughts,”Artemis, what the hell did you put in our drinks!?”

The Mud Boy blushed, making his completion worse, “Well, Holly got Mulch’s glass of mud, Mulch got Butler’s glass of hot sauce, jalapeño peppers and olives. Minerva appears to have gotten Holly’s glass of apple, passionfruit and carrot. Butler ended up with...” He halted, worried about the reaction he’d get from Minerva if he admitted that there was knockout pills in her drink.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

Star Jinin
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by Star Jinin » Sat 25th Jul 2009

Yes! As a judge, I'll give brownie points if the drink happens to relate with the character in some way. Be creative! But if the presentation itself happens to give me some good chuckles, then I'll give Mello points.
Smut solves EVERYTHING!! :D

Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Post by Artemis Lore » Sat 25th Jul 2009

Holly, Butler, and Minerva had decided that for Artemis's birthday they would have a picnic. They had hoped that this seemingly random idea would get the reclusive genius to interact with the world better, but mainly to get him in the sunlight for once. Needless to say Artemis wasn't entirely happy about this plan and was surprised that Butler would allow them to left so vulnerable at the top of a hill. Panting by the time they had reached the top Artemis was still proud enough to refuse to sit on the grass, and risk soiling his Armani suit, until several blankets were laid out. Even then he wasn't thrilled with sitting on the ground while the sun beat down on him. It didn't help his mood that his suit was black and attracted the light.

Before they had left Fowl Manor Artemis had agreed to put all of their food into the basket. To surprised by his helpful manner, no one suspected him to be up to something. Dead wrong. To make sure that he was not put through this again, Artemis had added something to basket. The seemingly harmless packets of instant lemonade were not out of place in a picnic basket.

When they had laid out the food and water bottles, Artemis made sure everything was going well. The brand of bottle he had gotten was completely covered in a large label, not allowing you to see the water inside. Checking that he had the right packet he poured it into the bottle and shook it. The others followed his lead, totally oblivious to the fact that they were not indeed putting dehydrated lemon powder in their drinks but in fact Polyvinyl alcohol, or PVA powder. This powder would turn into a dense adhesive the moment it made contact with the water. The more they shook the bottle the more PVA touched water. Soon the whole bottle was filled with a thick latex adhesive hidden by the label. Opening his own bottle of lemonade Artemis took a long drink. Frowning at the taste but smiling internally at the others soon blight. Holly was first to try and drink the glue-like substance. Squeezing the bottle unsuccessfully she put it on the ground and stamped on it. The nozzle providing the path of least resistance the mess exit the bottle with a sucking sound and got all over the unfortunate Minerva, who was sitting next to Holly. Both girls first glared at each other then at Artemis. "ARTEMIS!" They both yelled simultaneously. "What was in my drink?" Feeling that he had had enough birthday excitement for the day. Artemis quickly ran from the angry girls. If only Artemis could run.

Sorry if it's a bit long. The part about PVA is true by the way.
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Sat 25th Jul 2009

he he that was funny

Artemis was bored. There was nothing to do. So he decided to play a little trick. He invited his friends on a picnic and gave them a special drink.
Holly sniffed it and took a lick.
Mulch gulped it
Foaly took a sip and sprayed it all over Artemis.
Butler drank and coughed.
Then 5 seconds later ..... Cuuck!
All: Artemis? what was in that drink?
Artemis: Oh nothing much just some few vedges mixed with some bugs.
Read my pathetic stories I wrote on -----
https://www.fanfiction.net/~thescarletibis

View my horrible drawings on -----
https://koreanchic.deviantart.com/

In Af fanfiction, I'm theScarletIbis!
Check out my stories:
https://artemisfowl.fangathering.com/fanfiction/author/TheScarletIbis/

Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Post by Artemis Lore » Sun 26th Jul 2009

When will this be judged? Will we wait for more people to enter before hand?
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 26th Jul 2009

Artemis Lore wrote:When will this be judged? Will we wait for more people to enter before hand?

Usually, the judge(s) will judge it after a week, but Carino (she's one of the judges) is gone for a few weeks, and we're supposed to judge it with her, so we're going to hold out till she gets back.

LMAO, these entries have given me some serious LOLs.

It's gonna be hard to judge...

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Mon 27th Jul 2009

I shall enter soon, I'm still experimenting with concoctions :twisted:

Join me:

Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Post by Miasaki-chan » Mon 27th Jul 2009

I would too, but I only have my lo-def e-lab, i'd make a mess if it was here in china....
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Mon 27th Jul 2009

wait this is judged?
Read my pathetic stories I wrote on -----
https://www.fanfiction.net/~thescarletibis

View my horrible drawings on -----
https://koreanchic.deviantart.com/

In Af fanfiction, I'm theScarletIbis!
Check out my stories: