#26: Key to The City

An Artemis Fowl game, open for anyone to join in. Read the stickied thread for details.
Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

#26: Key to The City

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Fri 18th Jul 2008

Alright, I'm finally back online now.
So lets kick things off with a new Challenge.
It's occurred to me that, we've actuality seen very little of Haven City through out the books aside from Spud's Spud Emporium, and it's gotta get beter that that.
So this time I'd like to place you in the role of under-earth architect.
I want you to design a business for Haven and describe it as distinctly as possible.
What I'll be looking for here is creativity, so nothing is off limits, if you think elves would pay for it, it counts as a business.
For example, in Tokyo there is a business called Nekobukuro which literally boasts this as it's description: For Tokyoites that may not have the time or space to keep their own pets Nekobukuro provides short-term cuddling with surrogate cats.
Good luck.

P.S. I'd also like to take this time to encourage people to visit the "Your Ideas for Challenges" thread and submit their ideas. Because as you can see, my ideas are starting to come from further and further left field. :lol:

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: #26: Key to The City

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 19th Jul 2008

Oh this'll be a tough one... OOOO!! I GOT ONE!! (btw it's titled the Implant Place)

Basically, it's a place where fairies can get implants to look like other species. Like human growth thingies. Rounded ears. Animal tails/ears, etc. (I bet a lot of pixies and dwarves and centuars and stuff would go there..)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

TabbyFowl
Gnome

Post by TabbyFowl » Sun 20th Jul 2008

ummm lets see *searching brain*OOO I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

Allergies Away is what it's called.Basically you go there and if you are allergic to something like a cat, they will give you a shot and your allergies will vanish as if they never existed.The handy dandy shot is courtesy of.......*drumroll* Foaly!*crowd goes quiet and one says "Of course!"* :lol: I agree with the man in the crowd, Foaly makes everything, so it's not that exciting that Foaly made that.*Foaly clops up and smacks me with a fish*Owww that hurt. :?
I <3 EMMETT NOT EDWARD!

So what if I love Emmett instead of the norm,a.k.a. Edward/Jasper/Jacob? It just shows how notnormal I am...:)

I am the queen of Notnormal Land! That's kinda sucky sometimes, but at least I'm not Vision Girl!If you caught what that was a reference to, PM me and you get a cookie! Hint:it's a book series..Good Luck!
https://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?35279 <---- Click to level up my card!

Oh yeah, if anyone needs someone to talk to, just PM me! I've been told I'm a good listener!

TabbyFowl
Gnome

Post by TabbyFowl » Wed 30th Jul 2008

O.K. nobody else is posting.... WHY??????????????????????????????????
I <3 EMMETT NOT EDWARD!

So what if I love Emmett instead of the norm,a.k.a. Edward/Jasper/Jacob? It just shows how notnormal I am...:)

I am the queen of Notnormal Land! That's kinda sucky sometimes, but at least I'm not Vision Girl!If you caught what that was a reference to, PM me and you get a cookie! Hint:it's a book series..Good Luck!
https://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?35279 <---- Click to level up my card!

Oh yeah, if anyone needs someone to talk to, just PM me! I've been told I'm a good listener!

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 1st Aug 2008

Don't doublepost, please.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

PhoenixRSA
LEP Recruit

Post by PhoenixRSA » Sat 2nd Aug 2008

I have two ideas? That fine? If not, pick the second one.

Goblin-Goods, stationed in the Goblin Ghettos (If there are any left after TLC), this shop provides all the low income goblin needs, for second hand clothes to very dodgy beds.

Or

<Untitled> (Run under the cover name of Bork's goods and services)

First off it looks innocent enough, a normal store selling a few items, but if you are one of Haven's more shady residents you know what it really is: A store and haven for the criminals of the lower elements. Selling stock from illegal, old Neutrinos to car and shuttle modifications. It also servers as a haven for criminals hiding from the LEP. To get in, you must say "I went to the park". The cashier will ask "What did you see?" and you must reply "Five blue ghosts." He leads you to a trapdoor and you are in the midst of Havens criminal underworld.
Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:

https://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4266
Thanks to /b/ for his photoshopp greatness!
OH NO! THEY HAVE NERFED THE NUCLEAR ATTACK TESLA DOGS!
Founder of the Hyperactive club! **Twitch**

Thanatos
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Thanatos » Sat 2nd Aug 2008

Fresh Air

The business that brings you clean fresh air from the surface!

The business works off the fact that since Haven is underground and all the air is recycled it isn't fresh, which is something Holly has said in the past. Air from the surface is better.

You go into the medium small building, and you put on a small mask, sort of like the masks they drop in planes, from there the mask pumps in air directly from the surface.

Of course you'll have the option of choosing where your fresh air is brought in from.

A field of flowers?
A beach?
A deep forest?
Any where you want your air from you can get it.

You pay different prices for how long you want to be there. From minutes to hours.
"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat.
"We're all mad here"

PhoenixRSA
LEP Recruit

Post by PhoenixRSA » Sun 3rd Aug 2008

Nice idea.
Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:

https://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4266
Thanks to /b/ for his photoshopp greatness!
OH NO! THEY HAVE NERFED THE NUCLEAR ATTACK TESLA DOGS!
Founder of the Hyperactive club! **Twitch**

Thanatos
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Thanatos » Wed 6th Aug 2008

Thank you.
"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat.
"We're all mad here"

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Sun 17th Aug 2008

Finally the scores!
In First Place:
Thanatos for
Fresh Air
This was a fabulously inventive take-off on the idea of an oxygen bar.
Really believable.

Second:

PhoenixRSA
Bork's Goods and Services
We always knew someone around here had a finger on the pulse of the fairy underworld, turns out it was PhoenixRSA all along. I like that you went with such an unusual back market idea.
and
Third:
HollyShort9
Implant Place
The idea of fairy "glamors"* is one very close to my heart as a avid "Elf Punk"* reader, however I've always missed their presets in Artemis Fowl, so in my opinion, the Implant Place would be a welcome addition to Haven City.

*A spell that alters one's own appearance.
* General term for books that portray elves as modern.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Tue 2nd Sep 2008

YAYYYY I PLACED!! EVEN THOUGH IT WAS IN THIRD!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! *hugs Kagoma so hard that she starts saying 'can't....breatheeee'* *she shoves me off her*

MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Post by MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Sat 6th Sep 2008

Congratulations people :)!!!
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name