#25: Out of Time and Under Cover

An Artemis Fowl game, open for anyone to join in. Read the stickied thread for details.
Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

#25: Out of Time and Under Cover

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Tue 24th Jun 2008

With all the time travel that's been going on this was bound to happen...
Artemis and company have gone back in tame....and gotten stuck there.
Now for the time being they have to blend in and try not to arose suspicion while Artemis thinks of a way to get them home.
Your Challenge it to pick a point and place in history and come up with an alias and back story for the people they'll be pretending to be while stuck in the alternate time. Think witness protection, this is like the 200 thousand times Arty has pretended to be someone else, just set to a historical period. They have to live among these people as locals for a time without seeming, well, like a time traveling 14 year old, and a fairy... who could they pretend be to do that?
You may enter as many times as you like for different characters.
Good luck.
Last edited by Kagoma_Kage on Tue 24th Jun 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trying to be clearer.

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Out of Time and Under Cover

Post by HollyShort9 » Tue 24th Jun 2008

Oooh!!! OOOHH!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! I got one :D :D :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ARTEMIS!!" Holly roared. "WHY ARE THERE DINOSAURS, CAVES, AND NO BUILDINGS HERE?!??!"

Artemis winced and covered his ears. "Isn't it obvious that we went back in time and now we're caught in the prehistoric years and I have to think of a way out?"

Holly was speechless. "Stuck? In prehistoric time?" she asked.

"Yes." Artemis responded. He heard a noise from above and looked up. Some type of flying dinosaur was swooping down on them. "GET DOWN!!!" Artemis yelled, crouching down on his stomach and pulling Holly with him.

"Of ALL the people to be trapped in prehistoric time with, it HAD to be Artemis!!" she muttered under her breath.

"I doubt that anyone except for Minerva Paradizo besides me would be able to figure a way out of this," Artemis replied, angrily. "First, we have to figure out a way to build a time machine...."

Twenty hours later, Holly and Artemis were standing inside of a giant, steel globe that was falling apart.

"Artemis, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that this is safe?" Holly asked, worried.

"Chicken out and you'll be stuck here forever," Artemis replied. "Of course, you'd probably get eaten by one of the dinosaurs while I would be eating sushi in a fancy restraunt in the twenty-first century."

"Fine," Holly snapped, pushing yellow button.

The engine of the machine spluttered and then coughed, then was quiet.

"Did it work?" Holly asked.

"I guess we'll just have to step out of this sphere and find out," Artemis replied.

Stepping out of the sphere, they found themselves to be in the twenty-first century in Paris.

"WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Holly screamed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it's kind of short and suckish, but I laughed when I made Holly scream "WE'RE ALIVE" in the middle of a place thriving with tourists. Heh.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Meova

Re: Out of Time and Under Cover

Post by Meova » Tue 24th Jun 2008

*thinks* Yeah, it's about one of my favorite topics. Don't shoot me for it :)

'Artemis? How did we end up here?' Holly asked.
'End up where?'
'On this huge pile of wood with a lot of people just waiting to burn us!'
Artemis looked around. Oops. They were in medieval times. During the witch burnings. They just appeared out of nowhere...
'Oh, great, he finally knows where we are! Now, he just needs to get that brain of him thinking.' While she said that, Holly turned on her shield, so she was invisible. She didn't want to have anything to do with it. Artemis got them here? He'll get them out. If not? It's his butt.
'Holly? Can't you use the mesmer to convince these people we're not witches or demons?' Artemis asked. Holly tried to use the mesmer, but somehow, it was deflected. She didn't understand why it didn't work. Surely there aren't any mirrored sunglasses in medieval times? Then she spotted all the shining crosses and holy water. D'Arvit... Those 2 combined work too against the mesmer.
'Holly? Why aren't you trying?'
'There's no chance of succeeding, Artemis. They have shiny crosses and holy water... These crosses are made out of gold and silver.'
Artemis almost screamed. Will he, the greatest mind ever alive, be burned?
People started screaming. Something like a tornado got out of the ground, and made its way to Artemis and Holly. Stealing every cross it saw. Holly gasped.
'Mulch! How did you get here?'
Mulch smiles. 'Foaly send me. He gave me this, too.'
Showing some amazing throws, he manages to throws 2 necklaces around Holly's and Artemis' necks. They vanish, going back to their own time. Mulch steals a couple more crosses, then puts on his own necklace, vanishing.

Yeah, I know, pretty lame, but this keyboard sucks, can barely type. This took me about 15 minutes to type... Anyway, once I get home, I might try to make it a bit better.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Re: #25: Out of Time and Under Cover

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Tue 24th Jun 2008

While I always like reading your writing guys I don't think I was very clear.
The concept here is to come up with an alias and back story for people they can pretend to be while stuck in the alternate time. Think witness protection, this is like the 200 thousand times Arty has pretended to be someone else, just set to a historical period. They have to live among these people as locals for a time without seeming, well, like a time traveling 14 year old, and a fairy... who could they pretend be to do that?
I'll edit and add this info to the first post so it's clearer.

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 24th Jun 2008

Meeh. Now I'll have to think of something again... Can't we just keep it like we did our entries, how they would escape? It's handier for us XD
ImageImageImageImage

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Tue 24th Jun 2008

Is it OK if we just keep our first entries up and just put in new ones that match the rules?
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Wed 25th Jun 2008

Yes you can just post new ones, but I can't judge the first ones as they don't match the Challenge. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I should have been clear about it up front.

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 25th Jun 2008

Meeh... Well, I'll just try to make up a new one. Just not today, ok?

Let's kill Kagoma for not being clearer :twisted: :P
ImageImageImageImage

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 25th Jun 2008

No offense Meo, but GET OVER IT.. :P

*thinking spree*

Ooh oooh ooohh!! I'm gonna do medieval times, but not the way that Meo did hers, is that OK?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis looked around himself--or, he would have, if he could see through this silver thing... Bringing his senses around him, he reached up and pulled whatever was on his head. It came off easily. Looking at it, Artemis realized it was a knight's helmet. Looking at his surroundings, he realized that he was in a stone castle. Looking down, he also realized that he was in knights' armor. He imagined what Holly would say if she saw him: Haha, Artemis, you're 'a knight in shining armor'! He sighed. Then he tried to figure out why the heck he was in this place and in knight's armor.

He thought about the seconds right before the knight's helmet was on him... He had nearly got struck by lightning. Perhaps the lightning had sent him back into medieval times. But now, how was he going to get back to the twenty-first century?....

"Oh, Prince Hylan, there you are!" came a cry from behind him. Artemis turned around and saw a woman in an apron and dress with curly brown hair running towards him. "Bless the Gods, you aren't hurt! Now we've got to get you to the protection chamber, the castle is under attack!"

Thoughts swirled around in Artemis's head. Prince Hylan? Bless the Gods? Protectiong chamber? The castle is under attack? No doubt about it, I'm in medieval times. Guess I'll just have to blend in for awhile... but how do I figure out this lady's name?

Noticing how pale he was and that he was looking confused, the woman looked alarmed. "Do you remember anything, Prince Hylan?" she asked. Artemis shook his head. "What's my name?" Seeing he was even more confused, the woman quickly said, "It's Meredith. You never pay attention to what I tell you, do you?"

"N-no," Artemis stammered, glad that it didn't arouse Meredith's suspicion that he didn't know what her name was.

"It's all right, now quickly, quickly!" Meredith grabbed Artemis's arm and half-drug, half-ran him into a room with a heavy cinderblock door. Meredith put a big boulder in front of it.

"They won't be able to get in here now, will they?" Meredith asked, smiling.

15 YEARS LATER

Fifteen years later after Artemis found himself in Medieval times, he had grown quite fond of the traditions and of Meredith's care.

"King Hylan! King Hylan!" Meredith cried, running towards him, "A man in a dark cloak with a hood pulled over his head demands you swordfight him."

Artemis said, "Very well." (He had also gotten the hang of the medieval speak.) He put on his armor, grabbed his sword, and went outside. It was storming. The man wasn't wearing armor. "I'll make quick finish of this," Artemis said, raising his sword to fight, when a bolt of lightning hit the ground right next to him-- and he was standing in Fowl Manor, in a normal suit.

"THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY! THANK GOD!!!!" Artemis yelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that good? Cause he had to stay there for fifteen years blending in as a prince..

Target Aquired
LEP Recruit

Post by Target Aquired » Wed 2nd Jul 2008

I'm racking my brain and coming up with nothing... :? I'm gonna sit this one out, methinks. Good luck to everyone!

...is in quasi-hibernation for a bit...
*--
" just across the wide-open green space, is it?"
YES, i am a devoted A/M shipper.
graphics by T A R G E T _ A Q U I R E D ~*
for my fanfiction "f e r m a t a ," go here or here.

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Fri 18th Jul 2008

Only one entry...and honestly, I don't know how to judge a one entry Challenge, I'll get back to this as soon as I figure it out.

Meova

Post by Meova » Fri 18th Jul 2008

Just give HS9 the points and move on XD
ImageImageImageImage

TabbyFowl
Gnome

Post by TabbyFowl » Sat 19th Jul 2008

I'll add one so you can decide on someone to win.

Remember that I just came up with this as I went along, so humor me a little.

Artemis looks around and sees that he is surrounded by limestone bricks and sand.Oh great, I'm in Ancient Egypt.I was aiming for medivial times to blend as a prince.He thought.He looks at himself and sees a skirt-type thing on him and no shirt.Instinctively, he runs for the nearest pillar to hide behind,but is stopped by a beautiful woman with straight black hair and is wearing a cream-colored dress."Why are you running, almighty pharaoh? Why are you not in your throne?"She asks curiously.
"Who are you?" Artemis asks.
"Oh don't be so silly,King Tutankhamen.It's me, Sheba, your wife,"Says the woman,
obviously trying to stifle a laugh.
My WIFE!!!!I am married and King Tutankhamen????Oh well I may as well blend in.Thought Artemis with great confusion.
"I was just checking on the slaves, my....ah,dear."Said Artemis.
The woman blushed so much that she was as red as the blood on the floor.
"Let us go then, and get the children."She said.
Children??This is going to be fun.He thought.

Artemis was just preparing to eat his breakfast,when all of a sudden he stepped into the dining room and touched his fork, and ZAPP!!!He was back in his self-made time machine. He got out and hit the ground immediately and screamed,"GRASS SWEET GRASS!!"
Butler came up and asked confusedly,"Sir, are you O.K.?"

So what if I love Emmett instead of the norm,a.k.a. Edward/Jasper/Jacob? It just shows how notnormal I am...:)

I am the queen of Notnormal Land! That's kinda sucky sometimes, but at least I'm not Vision Girl!If you caught what that was a reference to, PM me and you get a cookie! Hint:it's a book series..Good Luck!
https://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?35279 <---- Click to level up my card!

Oh yeah, if anyone needs someone to talk to, just PM me! I've been told I'm a good listener!

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 19th Jul 2008

TabbyFowl wrote:I'll add one so you can decide on someone to win.

Remember that I just came up with this as I went along, so humor me a little.

Artemis looks around and sees that he is surrounded by limestone bricks and sand.Oh great, I'm in Ancient Egypt.I was aiming for medivial times to blend as a prince.He thought.He looks at himself and sees a skirt-type thing on him and no shirt.Instinctively, he runs for the nearest pillar to hide behind,but is stopped by a beautiful woman with straight black hair and is wearing a cream-colored dress."Why are you running, almighty pharaoh? Why are you not in your throne?"She asks curiously.
"Who are you?" Artemis asks.
"Oh don't be so silly,King Tutankhamen.It's me, Sheba, your wife,"Says the woman,
obviously trying to stifle a laugh.
My WIFE!!!!I am married and King Tutankhamen????Oh well I may as well blend in.Thought Artemis with great confusion.
"I was just checking on the slaves, my....ah,dear."Said Artemis.
The woman blushed so much that she was as red as the blood on the floor.
"Let us go then, and get the children."She said.
Children??This is going to be fun.He thought.

Artemis was just preparing to eat his breakfast,when all of a sudden he stepped into the dining room and touched his fork, and ZAPP!!!He was back in his self-made time machine. He got out and hit the ground immediately and screamed,"GRASS SWEET GRASS!!"
Butler came up and asked confusedly,"Sir, are you O.K.?"

Er, before you posted this Kagoma made the next challenge (Key to the City) so I think since I was the only one who posted before the newest challenge I won or something.. I'm confused though

TabbyFowl
Gnome

Post by TabbyFowl » Sun 20th Jul 2008

idk about that cuz i've never done the af challenge before so i don't know
I <3 EMMETT NOT EDWARD!

So what if I love Emmett instead of the norm,a.k.a. Edward/Jasper/Jacob? It just shows how notnormal I am...:)

I am the queen of Notnormal Land! That's kinda sucky sometimes, but at least I'm not Vision Girl!If you caught what that was a reference to, PM me and you get a cookie! Hint:it's a book series..Good Luck!
https://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?35279 <---- Click to level up my card!

Oh yeah, if anyone needs someone to talk to, just PM me! I've been told I'm a good listener!