Consecutive Posting

Posting games, check inside for some light-hearted fun!
-Posts in here do not increase your post count, and will not appear in searches.
artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Re: Consecutive Posting

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 13th Nov 2019

Colin: Aye, isn't that what you always say? If it's just meant as a short story, it doesn't matter if it turns out bad? Something to that effect? That it's 'your' short story?
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 14th Nov 2019

Semi want to start a Running Review thread for Fowl Twins....but partly lazy and partly worried about incurring spoilers.
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 19th Nov 2019

^For myself and others
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Have a hankering for Uncharted. Not a full, break-out-the-games hankering...

I'll save that for New Years. Tis tradition.
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Oh by the way, I think I figured the hankering out
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

So I started replaying Mafia II - if for nothing else, the fifties era cars and music is worthwhile. I'm convincing myself it's a "Christmas" game since the first third takes place in winter times.
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

artymon I\/ wrote:
Tue 19th Nov 2019
So I started replaying Mafia II - if for nothing else, the fifties era cars and music is worthwhile. I'm convincing myself it's a "Christmas" game since the first third takes place in winter times.
Hm. That makes it sound like it's dubious and borderline bad. It's a good game, just basically what you'd expect from a game titled as such. The usual, violence, murder, cursing, explicit...actually, there's nothing overtly explicit I don't think. Just a bunch of angry dudes with bad Italian accents.
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Anyway, so in my travels across the sprawling city of Empire Bay (aka San Francisco), eluding local authorities, my car experiences the terrible misfortune of crashing and leaving me motor-less.

Now naturally, we can't have that, so I approach the nearest vehicle and kindly request the citizen to permit me usage of his vehicle.

He responds by uttering a frightened yelp....then proceeds to scornfully advise, "Watch where you're driving!" as I peel away, nearly running the guy down.

...this happens a few times.

To be clear, the citizens are all okay with this. I'm helping lead the police away from them so they can continue being bad drivers, running lights, speeding, etc.

Roxanne: Oh putain, is this another Assassin's Creed thing? Where you justified Ezio Auditorie in pickpocketing people as receiving 'protection' money from the 'corrupt' guards?

....why...uh, no certainement not, cherie.

Anyway, my point is, it's about usually the same guy screeching and yammering.

Thing is, the voice sounds familiar.

Not because I've stolen his car a dozen times over and he's frustrated he has to keep calling his insurance company to get a new car.

Like, I hear him cry out and have a little Vietnam flashback of being huddled behind a flimsy bit of wood or ancient stone that's being piecemeal blown to bits by evil mercenaries trying to kill me for some world-destroying artifact.

AKA, it sounds exactly like Nathan Drake of Uncharted.

I do some digging (a quick roulette on Wikipedia) and learn Nolan North indeed does provide voice work for Mafia II as well as for another character.
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

TLDR - Nathan Drake is in Mafia II and I knew it just by his incoherent screams.

Like...is it bad I recognized it as him just from his cries of terror and fear?
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

And now was subliminally brainwashed into thinking of Uncharted and gaining the desire to play it again?

I suppose it's only natural...I've logged hours and hours of Uncharted with Nate hidden behind cover - especially during my Brutal Run Saga.
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Roxy: *slyly* Sure it's not a subliminal message to finish your story? I hear the duck and kangaroo are cracking down on that.
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 26th Nov 2019

Here's another poem for you lot

Ravish in your eyes, shall I
Another pirate to sail the sky
Conquer the seas and live as we please
Here and there we go with the breeze
Eventually landing in the land of wine
Lower the sails and enjoy the time

Infinity beckons across tomorrow
Reaching my endless sorrow
Eternal agony sinks to my knees
Never reaching the tall trees
Ending another charade of Aphrodite
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 27th Nov 2019

*humming*
once I loved...and once I learned
Love is weakness, love will leave you burnnnned

Down with love, down with hope
Don't need blind faith to cope
Or inspiring songs in my heart
Got the magic I need for my darkest of deeds
Love at times can entrance,
But love doesn't stand a channnce!
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 4th Dec 2019

Random questions and dirty answers
All these wily words and whispers
Can't abide this feeling inside
How can I hope to stem the tide
Existing without you in my arms
Lacks any desirable charm
Image Image
네이트

artymon I\/
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 5th Dec 2019

It's only me now,
Ranting and raving
Everyone else had to blow
Now who will I be saving
Eventually, we'll all be gone

Can't help but write this song
Image Image
네이트