Consecutive Posting

Posting games, check inside for some light-hearted fun!
-Posts in here do not increase your post count, and will not appear in searches.
artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Re: Consecutive Posting

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 15th Jan 2020

And yes, henceforth, we shall only call it Mary wanna. xDDDD
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

MASON DIXON HAS A FIREBIRD!!!!!!!!!! :O
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Wait wait wait, so these chicks, Mason Dixon's "associates" / co-Private Investigators, go to Cooter's farm (right? Who'dathunk, he's got a farm) where the Bo and Luke stashed the "Mary wanna" and immediately, the second they hop out of their Bird, they start whaling on the Dukes.

Like dude, would a hello hurt you? I've spoken with Apes more polite than you.

Fill-In: Family reunion went well, I take it?
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

ONE OF THE DEALER IDENTIFIED HIMSELF AS SPIDER-MAN!!!!1
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

So the Dukes and Dixon and his ladies tracked the drug people to this ghost town and got jumped by these two guards, the five overpowered them and Bo and Luke stole their clothes to infiltrate the town. Mason and the girls hung back, but the guards woke up and got the jump on Dixon and the girls.

The one picks up a radio and calls himself Spider-Man
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Pete, buddy, I know times are tough, but you don't have to resort to dealing drugs. What would Aunt May say?
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

I can't get over it. Omg, that's freakin' hilarious.

And just for context, Spider-Man was totally around. It's not like a funny coin-winky-dink.

Spider-Man first appeared back in 1962 and was still relevant in the 80s.

Think 80s was the "Hobgoblin" saga....

So no, this was a conscious choice. This guy just decided, "Hey, we get to have codenames, right?"
"Um...sure, Frank, why?"
"Oooh!!! I call dibs on Spider-Man!!!"
"What? But I wanted to be Spider-Man!"
"Nup, I called it first! You can be Cobweb."
"Cobweb?! What, like some old, gnarled web?"

(The other dude Spidey called was codenamed Cobweb.)

Who else have the dealers got working for them? Tarantula? Black Widow? Scorpion?
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

"Hello, Spider-Man...this is Cobweb."

*snickers uncontrollably*

Roxanne: Putain de merde....please tell me this is a dream.

Tis! Tis a dream come true! :awesome:

Roxy: *stern* Really? You like seeing the good name of Spider-Man being degraded by these...these scoundrels?!

Well...when you put it like that...
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Jonah Jameson would have a field day with that...
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Do I do it, Rox?
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

I mean, it's only fair, isn't it?
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Full disclosure: I was fully prepared to go on some moody-broody tirade about trust and intelligence....

But she didn't say no!!! :D

She didn't say yes, but it definitely wasn't a no!

It was a solid maybe, depending on conditions.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Cool cool cool.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Anyway, back to my shower thought: Intelligence and Trust.

The greater a person's intellect, the less likely they are to trust another.

The same is true for the reverse:

The lesser a person's intellect, the greater likelihood they are to trust another.

This started from thinking about You. (Show You not you you. But I do think of you. In the quiet. In the crowd.)

Basic show summary for those under a rock: semi-overly perky bookstore...owner? Manager?...develops a heavy crush on this chick. To the point that instead of just...asking her out, he thoroughly "researches" her (i.e., stalks her). Facebook, Instagram, Grubhub, Tindr, Angry Birds, the usual social media outlets....he learns her home address, watches her from outside the window, etc...
Even manages to get a copy of her cell phone so he's up to date on who she's messaging and such...
Anyway, about two bodies later, he manages to engage in romantic relations with her. It's good for a month or something, then they grow distant and he begins to suspect her of cheating and demands to see her phone.
To which she says that by checking her phone, it implies he has no trust for her and thus they have no basis for a relationship.

So that got me thinking just of "trust" and in turn lead me back to the OG savant of the subject: Jack Byrnes from Meet the Parents.

The ex-CIA operative poses the question: Can you really trust another human being? His answer was no. Which at the time and even to this day I thought was kind of a merdey answer being his own wife and daughter were in the room at the time.
But apparently he wasn't wrong to hold such a thought; his own son is later shown to be smoking "Mary wanna" (Or puffing the magic dragon as they put it in the film).

But anyway, I thought to myself, Jack's a rather intelligent fellow, he would have seen some heavy shtuff during his years with the CIA.
I started thinking of other purportedly intelligent characters and immediately went to Dumbledore and Hagrid.

Dumbledore doesn't remind me he's a very trusting person....unless it's Hagrid. And Snape, but Snape is a different story; DD knows the secret button to control/manipulate the Snapester fairly easily. So that's not quite trust.

Hagrid he claims to trust with his life.

I'd trust Hagrid too. He's a good mate. If he's in your corner, he's in your corner, no further screening needed.

However, Hagrid is said to be slightly inept. Clumsy, oaf-like, all words that were used to describe him.

Somewhat with increasingly unfairness in later books.

I dunno, I always held a soft spot for Hagrid, he literally brings Harry, and us, into the Wizarding World - and what a world! What a wonderful escape, a cornucopia of fantasy!

But yes.

Somewhere in this, I meant to bring up that Dumbledore trusts Hagrid because he knows Hagrid is too.... "dim" to want to betray him in anyway. That said, Dumbledore wouldn't tell him everything.

I dunno. It sounded better in the shower, man.

TLDR:

The greater a person's intellect, the less likely they are to trust another.
The lesser a person's intellect, the greater likelihood they are to trust another.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Also, I'm fairly certain the Spider-Man thing was definitely intentional. They go out of their way to mention the guy's codename at least twice. (Still haven't finished it...mayhap I'll nip off to - )

Roxy: Oh no you won't! You won't be going anywhere except to write.

But....I was thinking about having a snack -

Roxy: Non. *whisks away bowl of fruit* Nothing for you. Not even a pomegranate seed!
Image Image ImageImage
네이트