Posting records

Ideas, comments, suggestions, submissions or anything else you would like to say about the website, or forums.
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Posting records

Post by Ash Kelp » Tue 9th Oct 2012

I don't think there's anything like this as of right now, if there is just lock this and tell me please.

We should have a thread or something that has posting records. (i.e. Most posts ever, most posts in a day, most posts per day, and so on...) And maybe have rewards for breaking a record, like something in your siggie or some extra posts or something...

But anyway, that's my Idea. I hope you like it. ;)
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Re: Posting records

Post by jsreed5 » Fri 12th Oct 2012

While posts are a mark of presence in the community (and thus show how lacking my own involvement has been :P ), offering rewards for higher post counts might give incentive for people to start spamming just to increase their post count.

Though honestly, it seems to me that the people with the highest post counts are people who are active in the RP section of the site, since threads in there have to be updated frequently and often run for months at a time. It has always been my opinion that if Forum Games are not factored into one's post count, then neither should Roleplays. But that seems unlikely to ever change. XD

I wouldn't go for it unless there was some sort of merit to the posts; if someone has been not only active but helpful, contributive, and an overall enhancement to the community, then rewards could be in order. Though if their influence has spread that far, they might just be asked to help moderate the forums at that point…

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Fri 12th Oct 2012

I pretty much agree with what Reed said (although, as far as I know, roleplay posts actually don't count toward post count). There's a feature on another board I've been to where the top posters of the week, month, etc are displayed at the bottom of the page, but a lot of times it's people who are only posting to reach that goal, and aren't on the best terms with the site staff :? It's not that I think most of you guys would abuse a feature like that, but there are definitely some who would. I think the ranking system is enough, personally :]

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 13th Oct 2012

^It's true that people might start spamming, but how about if the person only gets a reward if the mods agree that they should? So a spammer with 2000 posts wouldn't get a reward but a really nice person with 750 might. 8)
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sat 13th Oct 2012

^^ That's kinda favouritism and I doubt the spammer person would like it. They'd probably go on a spamming rage. XD
I don't really think we need this. It would make people post for the sake of it, not because they have something they want to add. It would also cause arguments. I was on a forum the other day, which had a posting award thing and these two users weren't being nice. At all.
Anyway, that's my opinion.
One word: Merlin

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Sun 14th Oct 2012

^I'd agree with that. The spammer might not think they're spamming when a mod does.