About the mods and their activities...

Ideas, comments, suggestions, submissions or anything else you would like to say about the website, or forums.
Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

About the mods and their activities...

Post by Felina » Mon 17th Sep 2012

Look, mods, I know that many of you, i.e. all of you are now +17 years old and that you're busy and that you can't watch the SB or the site whole the time. I understand that.

BUT, what about the spammers that come here when mods aren't on? When spam keels the SB? Like this, for example:
05:24 Adim/:c: redtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.co
05:24 Artis Fowl Site Owner: ... WHAT IS GOING ON!
05:24 Adim/:c: redtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.comredtube.co
05:24 Adim/:c: v
Or this?
05:25 LulzSec: EVERYONE IS GETING THEYRE C:\ ERASED, ALL HAIL LulzSec!
05:24 LulSec: noobs
05:24 Artis Fowl Site Owner: ... WHAT IS GOING ON!
Oooor THIS?
05:25 Artis Fowl Site Owner: STOP IT NOW!
05:25 LulzSec: EVERYONE IS GETING THEYRE C:\ ERASED, ALL HAIL LulzSec! Info
05:25 LulSec: sucking noobs
05:26 Artis Fowl Site Owner: Banning IP of all people chating withen 60 secends
05:26 Artimus Fowl Site Owner: Im A Noob, And I Hate Artimus Fowl
05:26 Bang Your Drum: everyone is getting banned.
05:26 Artimus Fowl Site Owner: Im A Noob, And I Hate Artimus Fowl!
05:26 LulSec: CRAZY SUCKING MOTHER *****
05:26 Bang Your Drum: hi
05:25 Artis Fowl Site Owner: STOP IT NOW!

This is happening on 17th of September, 2012, at 5:30pm CET when mods aren't online to stop stuff like this.

So, what I suggest is: To make people that are really often online able to ban the people that are spamming even when mods aren't on. These half-mods will be able to do only that one little thing: stop the spam in the shoutbox that none of us wants. People didn't came here to see the spams filling the shoutbox, or to see the site crashing because of the spam, like it happened to me a few times. Please, either at least try to have one mod here whole the time or listen to my idea and give a few good users that ability to stop the spam. We can either give that ability to the site team, or simply make another team for half-mods. I don't care. I just want to stop things like this.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

AngelMoon
Gnome

Re: About the mods and their activities...

Post by AngelMoon » Mon 17th Sep 2012

Please think about this! This has been happening a lot lately and no one is around to stop it. we understand that y'all cant be on here all the time but we would appresiate it if you would think about kitty's solution.

amazing signature, sara!! thanks! <3

Penguins cannot fly.
I cannot fly.
Therefore, I am a penguin.

When man kills lions, its called game. When lions kill man, its called ferocity.

A friend is a person who knowes all about you, and still loves you ~Elbert Hubberd~

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 17th Sep 2012

Indeed, this is a good idea, but is easily flawed, I believe. But, if the mods agree, I believe this is a good idea. :)

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 17th Sep 2012

To let you guys know you're not being ignored - I've set up a topic in the mod board about this; we'll work out something as soon as we possibly can. I'm really sorry this has been going on, I had no idea until you posted this topic >< We'll figure out a way to deal with it though, hopefully before anything else like that happens!

AngelMoon
Gnome

Post by AngelMoon » Tue 18th Sep 2012

thank you!

amazing signature, sara!! thanks! <3

Penguins cannot fly.
I cannot fly.
Therefore, I am a penguin.

When man kills lions, its called game. When lions kill man, its called ferocity.

A friend is a person who knowes all about you, and still loves you ~Elbert Hubberd~

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Tue 18th Sep 2012

Thanks a lot AA :D I hope you'll find a way to stop stuff like that from happening ^_^ *huggles*
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Fri 12th Oct 2012

Honestly, my preference would have been to make the shoutbox only accessible to people who are members. It's more disposable than full-on posts that are online permanently, and thus more approachable to newbies.

But whatever floats FG's boat. XD

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Fri 12th Oct 2012

We have considered other shoutboxes in the past, but it seems like every time we find one that might work, when we get to discussing it, the cons outweigh the pros :? If you have one that you know works well, though, if you want to recommend it that might work x)