What Made You Join Fangathering?

Ideas, comments, suggestions, submissions or anything else you would like to say about the website, or forums.
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Re: What Made You Join Fangathering?

Post by MichaelM » Sat 5th Jan 2008

Meova wrote:Of course, hon. I'm almost 2 years younger than you. Bet you that you are too old :P

:(

*Grumbles about lack of respect in the kids these days*

OliverWoodsgirl223
LEP Recruit
Location: Off to Ninja Training camp! (Then I'm off to fight Gaara!)

Post by OliverWoodsgirl223 » Sun 6th Jan 2008

I was looking for Artemis Fowl movie stuff, sites were I could buy Arty gear and came up with U! I joined the same day. (When I was still ARTY'SELFFRIEND of course) :razz:
Member of ShojoKissPros. Look us up on Deviantart: www.shojokisspros.deviantart.com

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Sun 6th Jan 2008

"Don't worry MM I'll chase them rotten kids away with my cane!"

All joking aside. I've wandered around a retirement home dressed as Holly before and two people recognized me! So there is really no such thing as being too old for Artemis Fowl!
(Don't ask why I've done this, just take "I needed to use the phone." As explanation enough.) :lol:

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Sun 6th Jan 2008

Kagoma_Kage wrote:

"Don't worry MM I'll chase them rotten kids away with my cane!"

All joking aside. I've wandered around a retirement home dressed as Holly before and two people recognized me! So there is really no such thing as being too old for Artemis Fowl!
(Don't ask why I've done this, just take "I needed to use the phone." As explanation enough.) :lol:

lol - Won't ask, don't tell. XD

MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Post by MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Sun 6th Jan 2008

Feandril wrote:[Statement]: Does that make me too old, too? I do feel a bit too old really... I miss someone I can have elder-fun with! :razz: :razz:

You are feeling too old!!!Honey,don't make me laugh!!You are acting like a baby :razz: !!I must say there is no old or young members.There is no age limit when it comes to a book related stuff!
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name

Feandril
Centaur Genius

Post by Feandril » Mon 7th Jan 2008

[Statement]: I do NOT! :razz:
Oh come on! I can be pretty mature........ enough.... a bit. Oh whatever.
And a difference is noticeable in most cases. In tastes, topics, opinions... but it's not too bad...
Place My Body On A Ship And Burn It To The Sea
Let My Spirit Rise, Valkyries Carry Me
Take Me To Valhalla Where My Brothers Wait For Me
Fire Burning To The Sky My Spirit Will Never Die!

MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Post by MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Tue 8th Jan 2008

Well there are differences between people that are same age to you as well.And that's why I like FG!!!There is no age limit!!!The whole forum is based on communication and it works great.When I decided to join it was because this forum seamed to me like a great place.All the other forums were just talking about AF in general but this one looked a bit special.It seamed that people care and really love AF books!But after I joined I learnt how this place really works!!!After a year I am really proud to be member of FG!
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name

EarthGoddess
LEP Recruit

Post by EarthGoddess » Thu 10th Jan 2008

my sister introduced me to it and i rather liked it :D
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls!!
:D

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Fri 11th Jan 2008

MichaelM wrote:
Meova wrote:Of course, hon. I'm almost 2 years younger than you. Bet you that you are too old :P

:(

I have tons of respect for people. But you are around my age ;-) So I can say more things to you. Plus, I don't know you in real life, so even if I wanted to disrespect you, you can't exactly kick me fore that, huh? :P If that made sense, I'll eat no pizza for a week.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Post by nutrino » Thu 17th Jan 2008

If any body remembers my "gnomes aren't fairies according to Colfer" topic ( which is a currently dead topic) that was the reason I joined! To find that out!I stayed because of the wealth of information and for my " I hate Holly" stunt ( it's on pages 5 through 7 of " The Holly Topic"). When that blew over I actually started to make friends! They're things that I don't have off the net. And now I just love it here!
Hello again.

Hazel
LEP Recruit

Post by Hazel » Thu 3rd Apr 2008

I first came upon this website looking on the internet for the release of the last artemis fowl book. I have never really joined on a website before and people here have the same interests so I thought that it would be fun. So after a few days of chatting with people....I joined. :razz:
This is from Hazel the Brilliant

"I am so clever I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
"I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure."
"Never take life to seriously, no one gets out alive anyways."
"The conclusion is the part where you got tired of thinking."

Arty the 7th
Troll

Post by Arty the 7th » Mon 14th Apr 2008

I was looking up what the cover of the Lost Colony was going to look like (this was before it came out). Then I got really exited when it turned ou on one of the posts. I clicked a couple of buttons and I found the rest of the site. I joined immediately. I haven't really been to other Fowl sites, but I'm still sure that this one is the best.
ImageA member of C.I.A. - The Chosen One. All Hail Cyborgs, The True Masters Of The World!Image
Make the Edit button your best friend... OR ELSE
Any Questions about the Site? Ask me!
Proud Member of the Newbie Assistance Club

I am a proud member of the Hyperactive club *Twitch*
I'm a proud member of the Insane peoples club! "Say Yes to Insanity"
Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:

http://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewt ... =20&t=4266

Star Jinin
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by Star Jinin » Sat 28th Jun 2008

I googled for a fansite after I read the series. Later, I discoved that I loved the look and how versitile it was and joined. This is the best fansite out there as it has everything a fowl fan could hope for! I initially signed up for an account after I heard about the AF Christmas fanfiction contest.

I absolutely LOVE how even though there's SO MANY fans, they feel a little like family to me and that I can still reconize them easily unlike some sites where they're just usernames to me.
Smut solves EVERYTHING!! :D

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Sun 29th Jun 2008

Star Jinin wrote:I absolutely LOVE how even though there's SO MANY fans, they feel a little like family to me and that I can still reconize them easily unlike some sites where they're just usernames to me.

That's funny, I also feel like we're part of a family here! :) We're just always there for each other, and when someone's down, we all try to cheer that person up... You guys are just like real people to me. I'd call for a group hug, but I don't like hugs XD
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

/b/
LEP Commander

Post by /b/ » Sun 29th Jun 2008

First to answer the question, it was a gun pointed to my head, and Maeve shouting...

Meova wrote:
Star Jinin wrote:I absolutely LOVE how even though there's SO MANY fans, they feel a little like family to me and that I can still reconize them easily unlike some sites where they're just usernames to me.

That's funny, I also feel like we're part of a family here! :) We're just always there for each other, and when someone's down, we all try to cheer that person up... You guys are just like real people to me. I'd call for a group hug, but I don't like hugs XD

You don't like to be touched... Just my luck to be married to a person who doesn't like being touched :D

I love you guys :]