Monthly Poll - October 2020

This or that? Give your opinions in the votes within.

What was the first Artemis Fowl book of which you waited for the release?

Poll ended at Thu 5th Nov 2020

The Arctic Incident
No votes
The Eternity Code
No votes
The Opal Deception
No votes
The Lost Colony
No votes
The Time Paradox
20%
The Atlantis Complex
20%
The Last Guardian
60%
Fowl Twins
No votes
Fowl Twins: Deny All Charges
No votes
I've never waited for an AF release
No votes

Total votes: 5

Battery
Ringbearer

Monthly Poll - October 2020

Post by Battery » Fri 2nd Oct 2020

Happy October, everybody! :) Thanks as always to those of you who vote in these polls, we really appreciate it! If anybody hasn't discovered it yet, the results to these are featured in the Haven Herald at the beginning of each month.

So, in honor of the next Fowl Twins book releasing this month, we want to hear about your experience reading the Artemis Fowl books for the first time! What was the first AF book you remember waiting for? We'd love to hear about your memories!

For me, it was The Atlantis Complex. I started the series fairly soon after The Time Paradox was released, so that's the first one I have in hardcover! But I remember going to the now-defunct Borders bookstore on the first day to grab TAC on day one :)
ImageImageImage

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Monthly Poll - October 2020

Post by Cabaline » Fri 2nd Oct 2020

Oooh I love this poll! :D

I read the first 4 and had no idea that there were any more afterwards, I stumbled upon the 5th one in the library and was absolutely delighted to realise there might be more. After I finished the 5th book I went online to google if there were any more and I saw that there was a possible 6th one. So The Time Paradox was the first one I actively waited for! :awesome:
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sat 3rd Oct 2020

It was The Last Guardian for me. I was on FG by that point so I remember finding all the hype around the release so exciting! It was also so nice to be able to talk about the book with other fans as soon as I had read it, as I'd never had that opportunity before.

Iris
Dwarf Thief

Post by Iris » Sat 3rd Oct 2020

The Last Guardian for me too! :D And as a result, it's the only book I bought
Image Image

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 5th Oct 2020

The Last Guardian, still remember the on-site hype around it. :p
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 15th Oct 2020

I don't honestly remember. Which is strange, as I tell you the exact place and relative time frame of when and where I was introduced to Artemis. Occasionally, I think back at that moment and marvel at how a simple suggestion from a friend set me on the course that eventually led me here....which may not be saying much, but I deeply appreciate our community ^_^

I feel like I started reading AF right around the time Opal Deception came out, fittingly enough. I'm fairy certain (eh, eh? :razz:) I was already "in" before Time Paradox came out. I definitely remember sitting in the corner of the bookstore (yes, I was and am still, one of those delinquents) and coming to a particular scene in a zoo and having a storm of emotions.
Perhaps that's why I have such an affinity for that one.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Sun 22nd Nov 2020

Shoot, I wish I'd been more active here recently so I could have partaken in this. The first book I waited for the release of was Opal Deception.

I actually read the books out of order at first; I saw Eternity Code at a book fair and bought it, not knowing that it was part of a series. After I read it, I then learned about the rest of the series, so i went back and read the first two books. I fell in love ith it, of course, so I was very excited to learn that a fourth book was coming.
currently in love

add me on tox: 20C30F247CB429CF625AE47F39D550C55D75F8C78301D601260BB361F8F07160633559C74313