What Act of Self-Care Did You Do Today?

Want to have a laugh? Know a funny link youd like to share? All in here!
artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Re: What Act of Self-Care Did You Do Today?

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 15th Dec 2020

Again, this isn't really "self care" but I bought some junk food to snack on today at work. I'm glad I did as I'd've been vury cranky without the sustenance.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Tue 15th Dec 2020

I picked up some more pain killers so hopefully I will be able to manage my stress migraines a bit better. I made myself feel pretty by gluing some new nails on. I picked some lavender colour ones and they are super cute ^_^
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 17th Dec 2020

I took off from work early, even though I could have (and probably should have) stayed on an extra hour or two and beefed my hours up. Because sometimes your personal time is more valuable than your work time.

(Well, okay, personal time should always be more valuable than just living to work but alas the Bill Man doesn't see it that way :lol: )
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 17th Dec 2020

I did a couple of new things today to increase my career knowledge and ability. It felt really good and I really enjoyed it. It's increased my confidence and really made me feel like I can contribute to my department :awesome:
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Sat 19th Dec 2020

I went on a bike ride today. I don't go often, but it was refreshing and a nice change of pace.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 24th Dec 2020

I had a nice lie-in this morning, had a lovely cup of tea for my breakfast and just chilled out all morning. It was lovely :D
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 26th Dec 2020

I had a stress headache, so I tried out a bit of acupressure. Didn't think it would work, but it actually did help quite a bit :)
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 26th Dec 2020

I did some horse racing with my family, it's fun bonding :)
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Sun 27th Dec 2020

^Like actual racing on a horse??? Or monetary betting?

Uh...beyond the standards, I want to attempt to create butterbeer and plan to go shopping for the ingredients today.

Reminds me, I should brush up on the eggplant parm recipe....

Update 9/1/2022
^Oh man, I remember attempting that butterbeer monstrosity....did not turn out anywhere near as awesome as I'd hoped.

Well, I skived off work to enjoy time at home. I probably could've done it and been fine....and considering what a bust the gym session was today, it might've been beneficial in that respect....but honestly, it's just the mental aspect too.

I also indulged and bought a few Lego sets!!! :D

Update 11/12/2023
^Skivving off work?? What a rebel! :lol:

y'know, I feel like I've done a good amount of self-care for myself in the past yearish since then.
I took a small trip (skivving more work in the process)....eventually ditched that job in favor of another....bought some more Lego. And a few other questionable financial choices.
Recently, and this sort of sounds weird to me, I purchased a few different colognes. I'm normally not much of a scent person, not to sound gross or weird, I have deodorants and such that I'll wear and have gotten compliments on, but never a big cologne person. It always feels like such a big commitment. What if you put something on and it's awful and it just sticks on you all day?
>>
<<
Then...well...kinda discovered a channel...
Look, y'know how I said on the Book Thread I sometimes pick a book just based off the cover or the title?
Sometimes I get into cologne fragrances when a gorgeous lady from Holland recommends them. I'm easily swayed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also unintentionally made myself a little ice cream sundae last night.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트