Unsettling Things...

Want to have a laugh? Know a funny link youd like to share? All in here!
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Re: Unsettling Things...

Post by Skyswallow » Wed 8th May 2013

So this isn't for me, but one of my friends is terrified of spiders. And weeping angels. And then I made a joke about the 'Hey, who turned out the lights' thing and it turned out she's (is? was?) terrified of that thing. So I drew a weeping angel spider saying 'hey, who turned out the lights?'. I will probably edit it in once I've scanned it in :)
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Sat 25th May 2013

I sometimes get a little claustrophobic, and I was traveling with friends on the tube when it stopped nowhere near a station and very abruptly. I got a little nervous, so my friend said, 'it's fine. we'll be out soon, and the powers still working,' or something like that.
Then the lights went out.
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Tue 1st Apr 2014

I find it really weird to walk through my uni buildings when it is empty or night time. It just creeps me out a little.

Also my flatmate sleepwalks which is very unsettling! I'll be woken up at 5am by the sound of footsteps going up and down the corridor, or a door repeatedly opening. Once I went to the bathroom at 5:30am, and when I opened the bathroom door to go back to bed, he was standing in front of it COMPLETELY asleep! It scared the hell out of me! :lol:
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

nebula
Mud-Man

Post by nebula » Thu 19th Jun 2014

I've always feared being with my mom one night and her going out and never coming back. That almost happened one night on vacation, but she came back at 2:30 am (I just didn't expect her to be that late). It was especially unsettling because we were in a vacation house with big glass windows and I could see out into the night. Also, it was a big house and I didn't know the area very well. Creepy.
✌ i think i'll just lay right here ☯

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 7th May 2020

Unsettling is when your car engine light comes on...then goes off. It's like the car is saying "Get ready, boi....wait, jkjk, not yet. I'll do it when we're on a dark road with no one else around."

Actually, there was a (creepypasta?) story I heard where this pizza delivery dude goes to this far off address in the middle of nowhere and pulls up to a decrepit house. S/he rings the bell, no answer.
At the window, the pizza guy notices movement, they catch a flash of eyes. Big, open wider than you would think medically possible.
The pizza guy tries again to knock/ring.
Still no answer.
But the door creaks open.
Th confused pizza deliverer wanders in calling out hello, hello.
Nothing.
With a growing sense of discomfort and unease, the pizza boy feels watched and decides to just get the heck out. He drops the pizza on the floor and turns to bolt out the door. As soon as he turns and moves, he hears a scrabbling behind him. Quick little feet chasing after.
Feeling a legion of spiders tickling along his sides, he manages to make it out the front door, slamming it shut.
Gasping, he holds himself against the door, terrified to let go of the handle, should the large eyed person come after him.
He runs to his car and hops in, locking the doors. Starting the engine, he goes to drive off, but notices an odd grinding sound as he drives along, and the car isn't responding the way it should.
So he stops, gets out and finds all four of his tires are flat. On closer inspection, he discovers they've been slashed.
Freaked out, he runs into the woods and calls the police.

I forget exactly how it went, I just remember the detail about the mysterious girl in the house and her big eyes, open wider than natural.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Sun 11th Oct 2020

There have been really unsettling things at work lately! I've always heard doors opening and closing and heard footsteps when I know for a fact that I am the only person left in the building, but I put it down to maybe a late janitor or tiredness or stress.

But recently other people have revealed that they have seen/heard things! The cleaner said that she went into the supply cupboard on our corridor and saw someone stood in the corner but when she looked again they had disappeared. My boss says that she has heard people talking when she has been in on her own.

A few weeks ago the lift (elevator) came up to our floor, opened, it was empty, it closed and went back down on its own. To be able to operate the lift you need a special key that you have to put in to a port on the outside. You turn the key and that calls the lift to the floor you are on. But there was only me in the department and someone downstairs couldn't have sent it to this floor and then called it back again without being in it to press the buttons. Weird.

And then the other night when I was the only one left, I kept seeing a small child dressed in black running past my door. This is weird because: this child was too young to be in the building, all of the children had gone home over 3 hours earlier, they made no sound going past. After the 3rd time I got fed up and went to go out into the corridor to see who it was and the whole department was empty (we have no corners that they could hide behind, it is literally one huuuuuuge long hallway with 13 rooms some cupboards and a set of double doors right at each end where the stairs are).

So yeah, a bit unsettling.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Sat 7th Nov 2020

^ *utterly fascinated* Mayhap you ought to start carrying some salt and iron with you.

Due to some construction going on on my normal work-route, I've been having to to take a different route where I have to go over the railroad tracks twice. I cross over with no issue, which is thankful as those trains are such a nuisance.
I arrive at work and go through my routine. It's barely five in the morning, I'm the first and only one there. After completing my rounds, I see a text from my coworker who says they got stopped by the train. I make a joke and a few minutes later they say the train has in fact come to a halt and has been that way for about twenty minutes at this point.
The coworker ends up having to take the long way around the train, cutting up to another street and mentions the police band said it was going to have to be shut down, but no other mention of. We put out the APB for everyone else coming in.
About an hour later we learn why the train was stopped.
A woman fell on the tracks and got hit by the train.
She did not survive.
Little freaky.
I wouldn't have passed by where the woman was, she was further south of where I would've crossed.
A matter of fifteen minutes. I crossed the tracks, then within fifteen minutes, a train comes by and some poor woman catches it.
I have no idea what she was doing walking around on train tracks at 5 in the morning...without identification (suppposedly) but eesh. Terrible.

And unsettling.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch