Your name origins

Want to have a laugh? Know a funny link youd like to share? All in here!
Captain_Short
Troll

Your name origins

Post by Captain_Short » Sat 24th Dec 2011

There's a a bunch of people who I have no idea what their names mean, and some I can't pronounce :razz: And I thought it would be fun to learn everyone's name origin. Just post what your name means and.. maybe some history if you want. :)

My name, Holls, is a nickname for Holly that Foaly randomly gave her once. I can't remember which book, though >< That name just stuck in my head, and I thought it'd be a nice screen name. Even though my username is Captain_Short, (I hope we all know where that comes from) I'm called Holls everywhere else. If you can remember which book that's from, post it, please. XD

Ala here. Just noting that this was the last thread on this topic. You'll find the origins of the older member's usernames already posted here. Continue on ^_^

Captain_Short
Troll

Re: Your name origins

Post by Captain_Short » Tue 27th Dec 2011

Oh, sorry XP But that link comes up as "This request does not exist." Dunno. :?

BoboParadizo
Centaur Genius

Post by BoboParadizo » Sun 1st Jan 2012

^Yeah, same here. :3

My username comes from Minerva's chocolate-obsessed little brother. :3 Cuz I really like chocolate. :awesome:

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Mon 2nd Jan 2012

My username is completely opposite of Artemis Fowl related XD When I was a fifth grader I made it up for some cartoon network thing. So partyon is for how "fun" I thought I was. Soccerfan was because I still liked to play soccer back then (I'm terrible at soccer XD).
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Fri 27th Jan 2012

When I first came here, it was 'Arty'sgirl' because I thought I would be a perfect girlfriend for Artemis (I looked like Minerva). Then when I joined, Artysgirl was taken, so I got Fowl's_Girl. XD Now I'm like a hyperactive Minerva with short hair.
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Sun 29th Jan 2012

Here's a Wikipedia link to what my name means, in some over forms it can also mean peace apparlently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Tue 14th Feb 2012

My name That Chick is so your can say me when you need to get out of something.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 7th Jun 2012

My username was meant to be Skylark but I got mixed up... XD
Oh well, my name alliterates! It has nothing to do with AF that I can think of.
//Edit: My new nickname is SkyRose (if you don't mind calling me that, at least it's shorter than Skyswallow!), I've read TLG :'( If you don't get the 'Rose' part, READ IT!
Last edited by Skyswallow on Fri 13th Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Fri 15th Jun 2012

thanks this topic got me to google the meanings of my and my friends names i learnt my name can mean Dragon", "ultimate strength" and king nice! :D

and i googled a friends name randomly there name an mean the nickname i gave him nice! 8)

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!

Foxriver Fowl
Dwarf Miner
Location: Were ever teh kitty wants to go and I will be there

Post by Foxriver Fowl » Fri 13th Jul 2012

That I love Foxes!

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Mon 16th Jul 2012

bentj96 is my user name. Bentj is a joke, and 96 is a reminder of a friend of mine who was been nearly killed by his father. He was born in 96 and his father had been on drugs for the longest time. He almost died when his father tied him to a set of train tracks.

I normally call myself Dark Star on these forums. The Star is for the Fowl Star from the second book. Dark Star was just the coolest way I could incorporate that into a nickname.

-Dark Star
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!

Falcon!
Dwarf Miner

Post by Falcon! » Mon 29th Oct 2012

In short, I have been obsessed with falcons all my life. Probably because of a movie I watched in preschool called Quest for Camelot. Ha. Silver wings are purdy. And then the 121 I've always had, waaaay back in the second grade when I wanted Shasha121 as a username. Of course, I didn't have any internet anythings, so only the 121 stuck. (In case you were wondering, 'Shasha' is a Warriors reference, relating to Mothwing's mother. Ha. What I was reading in the second grade. And why it's so horribly misspelled? Don't- just don't ask.)
Member since April 30, 2010!
My old sig by Amber: http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... Falcon.png
My name is Fal an' I'm resident Cool Cat. Talk to me about my Killjoys obsession or giving me your unwanted things to eat (anything is good covered in chocolate.)
"the story"

ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Fri 2nd Nov 2012

ashy-Ash Redfern from The Night World by L.J. Smith
artemis- Duh.
POTO- Favorite movie is Phantom of the Opera
Zuko- My love from Avatar: The Last Airbender-- see my avatar for more hotness

Great topic!
THANK YOU SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out my AF video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLWGWizo4w

And also check out my AF Fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8468806/1/The-Sacrifice