Bioshock Series

PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and all the other games we love to play!
xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Bioshock Series

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Tue 28th May 2013

I don't seem to see any threads for this, but I shall lock it if there is.

So, who here has played the Bioshock series?
Even more important, whose played the LATEST Bioshock game? Infinite?

Bioshock explores society's in which one person's ideas become extremities and shows how that can be the downfall of a society. In Bioshock, you are Jack, who crashes at a Lighthouse and end up in the underwater city of Rapture, built by Andrew Ryan. Throughout the game you uncover the story of what happened and who you, the protagonist, are. You run into interesting enemies, such as Big Daddies with their Little Sisters. It's an FPS (First Person Shooter) game, but they are marvellous story tellers too. Bioshock 2 is a twist - You play as one of the Big Daddies! You're still in Rapture, but a new leader has come in, or at least, the woman who opposes Andrew Ryan's ideas of utopian society, but her ideas aren't much better - It's an intriguing game, again, and heavily based on the "good or Bad" choices.
Bioshock Infinite is the newest game in the series. You play as Booker DeWitt, an ex Pinkerton agent who is sent to retrieve a mysterious girl from the floating city of Columbia. Now, this game is a bit of a mind-F*@%. It involves Trans-Dimensional travel - Travelling through time AND Spaces i.e many different versions of a universe based on alternate choices. This becomes especially important for the ending. However, don't worry, when you get to the end, everything will be explained and tied up wonderfully. It's beautifully told, wonderful action, and for the first time the protagonist isn't silent - Booker has his own thoughts and Personality and shares them frequently while walking though Columbia. Elizabeth, the young girl in question, is also super interesting - She finds you health and salts and ammo during fights. You don't have to worry about protecting her, she can take care of herself in a fight. It's am incredibly brilliant story, in my opinion.

Again, these games are based on Radical Ideals enforced on Society - infinite is in 1912 and includes Hardcore patriotism, Racism, White Supremecy and so on. So if things like that offend you a lot, you best not play. They are, however, period things (I.e those things were common and true in those periods, thus work to enforce the time setting of the game) However, in Columbia, these ideas are enforced much harder and to more extremes.

I recently finished the game... BLEW. MY. MIND.
How did everyone else feel?
Which game is your favourite? What do you like about the games? What don't you like about the games? Which one's your favourite?
And remember, cover spillers so other's don't have it ruined for them! ESPECIALLY infinite!

Bioshock One:

Bioshock 2:

Bioshock Infinite:
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Re: Bioshock Series

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 24th Jun 2013

I've played the last one and I love, to say the least/