What game did you play last?

PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and all the other games we love to play!
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: What game did you play last?

Post by Cabaline » Sat 26th Sep 2020

I played a merge block game. A nice lil time waster.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Sun 27th Sep 2020

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

What can I say, it's nice hopping into ancient Greece and stabbing people. Plus it's wonderful to sail on the Adrestia while the crew sings shanties. I visited Mykonos and sat on the beach with our horse and watched the sunrise. Such a pretty game.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 27th Sep 2020

I played some Adventure Communist. I am planning on maybe playing some mario kart later... :D
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 28th Sep 2020

Mafia II once more.

So it seems the "Mafia trilogy" is not available in the US in a physical form. But there is a UK version...I wonder if that would work in my PS4. I think I technically have done that before; there was another game, Air Conflicts, and it claims to be a UK copy, and it ran fine...
Mayhap I'll give it a shot and worse case, I'll just send it back. [insert shruggie]
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 29th Sep 2020

I think it must still be Cards Against Humanity from a week or so ago :lol: I haven't played much lately. But I guess we're planning Uno for our next game night
ImageImageImage

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 29th Sep 2020

^I haven't played CAH in at least a year!! :(

I Ingress'd briefly earlier this morning.

So in answer to Past /\rty, it seems it's totally fine to stick a UK game into a US PS4, there's not a region lock or however it's put on the system/disk. Now this leads me to the next stepping stone in the process of /\rtymon buying a video game: Do I wait (most likely in vain) for it to go down in price or just snag a copy? I can justify I'm getting a great deal, all three games - "remastered" versions at that for maybe 70 dollars? Considering the third one came out just a few years ago and prolly sold for that price alone should be ground for justification. And all the DLCs are included. Dangit.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 1st Oct 2020

^ Aw! :( If you like, I can invite you if you're around the next time we play? We're usually a group of 3 or 4. I keep meaning to invite Cab as well, but the timing just never works out

And the last game I played was a little bit of Greedfall last night.
ImageImageImage

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Fri 2nd Oct 2020

^I'd be down!! Maybe on a weekend or next time we have a semi coordinated sabbatical.

After hearing and watching of it, I caved and played Among Us. Vury fun! Also would be a good group game. :)

I also caved and ordered the Mafia trilogy. ¯\_( ツ)_/¯
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 11th Oct 2020

Yeah, some time during a holiday when I am actually around during the day when you guys are :3

I last played some Adventure Communist. I have so many proper games I want to play but no energy to actually do it!
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 12th Oct 2020

:D

Today was a bit of a gaming day!

Started off with Mafia's "Definitive Edition" and so far I'm pleased. The map is literally the exact same as the 2002 version, though I think they moved Salieri's bar. I hate to be one of those guys, but man does it look good! It's gotten such an alive feeling, being gritty and grimy. I'm not quite as pleased with the voice actors, I'm extremely partial to the originals - I mean, we go from having Joe not-actually-but-pretty-freaking-close Pesci as Paulie, to some knockoff dude that sounds a trifle soft in the head. Same with Tommy, OG VA nailed that line of innocence and honor whereas this new guy sounds rougher around the edges...which could be what they were going for, to be fair.
Also slightly sad none of the OG game's easter eggs made it through. Nothing was more fun than out running cops and crooks with my anachronistic Thunderbird.
But the game is sticking to the original story to a T! Slightly dialogue differences here and there.

Also played poker with friends and somehow came out on top, with money in hand!

Later did a few rounds of Among Us with friends as well.

Still working on the game of Love and Life though. Definitely far from winning there :lol:
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 15th Oct 2020

I logged into Pokemon Go to help out a friend with a raid! I've been a bit slack with the game lately and neglecting it too much, so now is a good opportunity to work on quests :D
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Sun 18th Oct 2020

Mafia "Definitive Edition"

I finally jumped back in and did a few missions. Currently stuck on Trip to the Countryside.
I'm still positive about the game. There are buts.
I prefer the OG Paulie (hey, I can legally say that here! :razz: )
Essentially, Definitive Edition Paulie and Original Gangster Paulie are two completely different characters. OG Paulie was literally Joe Pesci, in looks and sounds. the VA wasn't actually Joe, but it was close enough for me.
Physical details aside, the two are just different personas. OG Paulie is a volatile man. A darkly funny sort. He might go laughing one minute then get quiet and kinda scary, even angry.
This Paulie can't help cracking a joke at every little thing. He's one of those stock sidekick idjits.
In general, I prefer the OG voice acting. Call it nostalgia or expectations never being met. I think we get a tradeoff between 2002 Mafia and 2020 Mafia (huh. Just noticed, literally the same numbers, just the last two digits swapped. Curious, hah)
2002 doesn't have the best graphics or gameplay mechanics, but you get excellent voice talent - not to mention scoring! The way I see it, the actors for that game had less to give in way of facial expression and mocap (as it hadn't even been invented yet I don't think) so they make up with putting it all out in their voices.

2020, you get amazing graphics, Lost Haven feels so alive! The city is grimy and every side street feels like it has a story you could get lost in! But the Tommy and Paulie voices just don't do it for me.

Second complaint/observation:
In OG Mafia, you periodically met with Lucas Bertone, a mechanic under a bridge. You'd do oddjobs for him and he'd teach you how to pick locks on fancy cars. Essentially, this was a staging thing, setting you up to progress into getting better and better cars as the game goes on, in congruence with what the Don's local mechanic Ralphie was teaching you. Ralphie taught you "common" cars.

So far, in DE Mafia, while we have met Lucas, he hasn't given us any assignments yet. I'm not quite sure how many he had for us, but I do recall the first "reward" was after the racing mission and he teaches you how to steal a Lassiter. Here, nada. So...we'll see, I guess.

Third complaint/observation:
In "the Sinner and the Saint" mission (which had a less reputable title in the original), you have to go to a hotel/brothel and "take care of" a lady that has been passing information.
But there's a slight, but fairly curious, change.
I'll spoiler it since I know you all are eager to play this on your own...
OG Mafia, Tommy tracks the lady down and ultimately decides not to kill the lady as he recognizes her as being one of Sarah's friends. This comes back to bite him.
DE Mafia, Tommy gets the same orders, however Sam (Tommy and Paulie's partner) seeks Tom out and asks him to spare the lady, as they apparently "have a connection."
This is ironic as Sam is the one who does the biting later on in OG Mafia.

I should note, I'm rather pleased Sarah has been fleshed out more than she was originally! I'm actually okay with the scene they changed in the original. OG they get acquainted and very friendly after her attack. DE she tells Tommy the shop is closed but that he should still stay the night.

She has a bit of a Marion vibe going on, independent 1930s woman working in a bar.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 19th Oct 2020

I played some Adventure Communist and claimed my rewards from the most recent event.
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 20th Oct 2020

Let's see....technically it would have been Ingress. Still have a ways to go before level 12. Have to obtain over 1.5 million AP and earn two gold medals. Best bet for those two will probably be a mix of deploying resonators, glyph hacking, or links.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트