Final Fantasy 7 vs Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and all the other games we love to play!
CCG
Dwarf Miner

Final Fantasy 7 vs Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Post by CCG » Tue 24th Mar 2009

Well, the title's pretty self explanatory...*Sorry if there's already a topic like this*

They're widely consider the greatest games of all time, but which one gets your vote?

I ask becase a friend of mine (die-hard LoZ fan) recently got FF7 and is completely in love with it, and admitted it was better than OOT. And I rejoyced.

For me, it has to be FF7, the storyline is much more engrossing and frankly, I just like the playstation better than Nintendo XD

Father1005
Centaur Genius

Re: Final Fantasy 7 vs Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Post by Father1005 » Sun 12th Apr 2009

Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest game in the entire world. I cannot say other wise. Final Fantasy 8 is a close second. I've never played this "Legend of Zelda" But It cannot beat the Final Fantasy 7. Nothing can defeat is amazing storyline and game play. Anyone you says otherwise will find me standign over them with a baseballbat while they sleep, whispering to them, saying "Accept the Final Fantasy 7.."....

Well.. not really.. but, you get my point.

If i wanted to I could talk about Final Fantasy 7 for days.

CCG
Dwarf Miner

Post by CCG » Tue 28th Apr 2009

:D I totally agree. LoZ is ok, I guess, it's just not nearly as good as FF7. I don't think anything is...(except maybe KH. Completely devoted to that game XD)

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Sun 24th May 2009

I have to vote for Zelda. Ocarina of Time is just one of the best games I've ever played, if not the best. You could spend endless hours on that and the scope of it was just miles ahead of any other game at the time.

Even now I'd happily go back and replay it if I could get my N64 working! :D

CCG
Dwarf Miner

Post by CCG » Tue 16th Jun 2009

Ah, the N64...I feel so deprived, I'm the only one of my friends raised on Sony rather than Nintendo. I guess that would influence my FF7 vote...I don't know, I just couldn't really get into OoT. It was ok, though.

Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Post by Artemis Lore » Mon 13th Jul 2009

I haven't played either but i love Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons

Sage
Dwarf Miner

Post by Sage » Mon 3rd Aug 2009

Zelda is my favorite series. Gonna have to cast my vote for Ocarina of Time. The fact that people are still trying to find new glitches in that game and succeeding... <3
Evil Overlord Rule #102!
I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.
ImageImage

Arkie
Mud-Man

Post by Arkie » Fri 18th Dec 2009

This is probably a more difficult decision to make than most people think.

I love the real-time fighting in Zelda, but I love the storyline and systems in FF7. I would say FF7 is better mainly because of the depth of the characters and storyline, it is possibly the best game EVER.

The redeem3r
Dwarf Thief
Location: On a pale blue dot, traveling wherever the Universe takes me

Post by The redeem3r » Fri 12th Feb 2010

Zelda wins no question. Zelda eats FFVII for breakfast.

The reasons aliens haven't made contact with us because if a species were to become space-faring, they would have no doubt realized that bickering and warring is primitive. They realize that any interaction with humans would be met with hostility on our parts. Only when we can put aside our differences and tear down our borders will be find what we are looking for.

Green
Gnome

Post by Green » Sun 18th Jul 2010

Father1005 wrote:Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest game in the entire world. I cannot say other wise. Final Fantasy 8 is a close second. I've never played this "Legend of Zelda" But It cannot beat the Final Fantasy 7. Nothing can defeat is amazing storyline and game play. Anyone you says otherwise will find me standign over them with a baseballbat while they sleep, whispering to them, saying "Accept the Final Fantasy 7.."....

I also have not played any of the legend of Zelda games, the closist iv'e came is playing young link and shriek on Super smash bros. Melee but I totaly and completly agree with my little brother nothing can compare to FF7
If my Thoughts spoke words aloud
You would all have Headaches now to

ImageImageImageImage

Ann
Gnome

Post by Ann » Sun 26th Dec 2010

I say LoZ, no doubt. I (still, even after 2 years) have not managed my way through the entire game, but the graphics are really good, while still keeping in mind what time period it was made in. My older bro has finished it though, and I still remember the awesome and totally engrossing end!

Plus, I just haven't played FF7. :oops:

Hey, I just realized this smilie could be dressed as Link!: :snowballelf:
Red vs. Blue for the WIN. And BLUE PWNS, just to warn you. ;D

artemisfowlexpert1
Dwarf Thief

Post by artemisfowlexpert1 » Sat 1st Jan 2011

do they have it for the Wii? Personally I like Nintendo better than Playstation. I cant stand the joystick on the PS2. It drives me insane.
<3 Psalm 23 <3Image
DANCER SWAG
My weapon is my BODY, my element is WATER, my world is SWIMMING.
"Real revenge, is making something of yourself."- Gerard Way
Long live the ROMANCE

Spudtron98
Dwarf Miner

Post by Spudtron98 » Thu 12th Jan 2012

Father1005 wrote:Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest game in the entire world. I cannot say other wise. Final Fantasy 8 is a close second. I've never played this "Legend of Zelda" But It cannot beat the Final Fantasy 7. Nothing can defeat is amazing storyline and game play. Anyone you says otherwise will find me standign over them with a baseballbat while they sleep, whispering to them, saying "Accept the Final Fantasy 7.."....

You've never played Zelda?!
D'Arvit man, you have some SERIOUS catching up to do...
"Did you think that I would FORGET YOU?!"

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Fri 3rd Aug 2012

I am about to feel the hate of the whole internet by saying i like psychonauts for Ps2 over both of these games now before you all kill me in cold blood i will explain why after playing both these games i find psychonauts better.

(warning to fans i played these games years after they first came out so i did not have the origional impact and i had high expations because of everyone saying they where the closest to perfect games could get)

FF 7: what stoped final fantsy 7 from being my fav game of all time is the save points Ok who though it was a good idea to force me through 3 more hours of your game to save! this is what stoped me from likeing the game that i had to force myself to play for 1 to 3 more hours of the game so i could save and then theres the text box cutscenes (i am a fast readed) but some of them where longer then Metal Gear Solid cutscenes and the point where i gave up was when Cloud had to dress up as i girl so this man whould want to have Sex with him! (yes i rage quited FF7 because i though i had turned into a yaoi sim)

now to Oot: ok this is the main one that had the "this game is perfect if you don't love it your dumb" fanbase so i again have simple reasons for not loveing OoT again i played the 3ds version so i don't know how great the game was when it came out and everthing becides the puzzles where great the world looked nice and all that

one of the very annoying things for me in OoT was the puzzles heres some of my experiences (correct me if im wrong im a bit hazy on this) Zelda tells you one of the gems you need is in the "ZORA LAKE" so i want there and found nothing becides a locked underwater door and had to ask for help so my friend took me to this hidden cave that was NO WHERE NEAR THE ZORA LAKE! and the after i played Zelda's song a waterfall opened up and i was in the ZORA CAVES and the gem was in there but then there was the Monstro problem

Here's the Monstro problem as i call it: you have to give monstro something so he will let you in after being stuck there for a mounth i asked a friend for a hint (call me a noob if you want but that part was hard) and he said "Give him fish" i could not afford fish at the shop so went to the fish pond to catch a fish but i could not put it in the jar so i finaly went back in the cave and found 5 fish swiming in a corner of the cave for no reason! Why! this is not good puzzle making Nintendo if you only allow one solution to a puzzle that people like me who make connections like "I need fish so ill catch one" won't get but people who make connections like "i need fish so ill look in the corner of this cave" will get NO! bad nintendo!

ok im ready to take on the whole internet now bring it on!

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!