Artemis Fowl - The Game

PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and all the other games we love to play!
Gravitational Singularity
Dwarf Thief

Post by Gravitational Singularity » Wed 8th Nov 2006

I would not like it if Artemis Fowl was made into a "fan-game" such as so many movies are. If it's going to be a game I want it to be a good game regardless of if you've had any interrest in Artemis Fowl before you play the game. I also think that the story belongs to the book, and even though I would indeed like to play through the story I would rather have the game following a story that's more adapted for gaming and is something very different from the books.

The game would certainly be placed in the world that Colfer has created, but the characters he has created doesn't necceseraly need to be in the game. What I think would be a good idea is if Colfer made a seperate story for the game. For example the game could take place under the Hill of Taillte battle, that would present excelent opportunities for a good game that anyone could enjoy and still a game that would be even more interresting for fans such as us. The game could also be placed more closely to the book, with many of the same characters. Events right before the first book could be a good theme for a game, like Hollys journey for becoming an LEP officer, or what happened to Artemis right after his father dissapeared.
Just call me Grav
Northern Carina Nebula

Nicole_artist
Dwarf Thief
Location: My own little world. But at least the people there know me.

Post by Nicole_artist » Wed 24th Jan 2007

I would really want to control Artemis. They would have to assign different attributes to each character, like Artemis wouldn't be able to run very fast for long, but he could hack into locks and computers and stuff. And also Butler could run really fast, knock down stuff (accidently and on purpose ^_^ ) and have a command to protect Artemis. There should be two main groups, Artemis, Butler and Juliet, where you can switch through them during gameplay, either by your control or the game's, and the next group would be Holly, Foaly, Root and maybe Mulch. I say maybe because Mulch could be in a group of his own, iw singular. Anyone else who you need to control (like Grub or maybe Trouble) could be in singular groups, ie you can't swap between them.

OK, this is kinda random but you know how he has an iris cam in the Eternity Code? He has it in from the aeroplane to when Spiro plucks it out. Well, that means (and please, no one get too grossed out) that when he's IN THE SHOWER he has it on. Need I say more...
Manga rules. So does anime. And so does Pocky. What does this tell us?
Japan should make cartoons and chocolate, not bombs and whale shish kabob.

This and other obvious statements brought to you by:
Nicole (who does not deserve the artist title because is too lazy to practise)

Lightning
Gnome

Post by Lightning » Sat 27th Jan 2007

Hmm... maybe things based on the books? They should really make one for "The Supernaturalist" also.
My Signature:

fairygirl24
Gnome

Post by fairygirl24 » Sat 27th Jan 2007

Artemis Fowl wrote: Who would like to play through my adventures on your home video games console?

They an Artemis Fowl video game were to be made, what would you like from it? What genre? What adventures? etc..

i don't think it would be that good of a game
game based on movies (and books if there isn't a moive)
are never really good. and it would be a little hard to make.
there would be a lot of cutscenes and it just wouldn't be good :nope:

Captain Holly Short
Mud-Man

Post by Captain Holly Short » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

Does anyone think it would be cool if they made an Artemis Fowl video game for the movie? I do, it would be another game for my Playstation 2. :gamer:

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

<span style='color:red'>/Merged with existing Artemis Fowl Video Game thread. ^_^</span>
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

Moneyman2010mn wrote: Woops, this thread totally went over my head. ;) *feels stupid*

:lol: That's no prob, everyone misses a thread or two once in a while. :P

Anyway I think that aside from a video game, they could create Artemis Fowl board games and cards. :lol:
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 6th Feb 2007

The Artemis Fowl Card game.
There could be common cards like Chix Verbil, or gnome and stuff, and there could be Opal and Spiro, and Butler would be uber rare. And Artemis can be that one pokemon card that everybody wanted but it was so expensive nobody could afford it.
Pokemon had quite a raket going on, didn't they? They could charge huge amounts of money for pieces of cardboard.
Do you think there's going to be an Artemis Fowl game after the movie is made?
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Modest-Genius
Troll

Post by Modest-Genius » Fri 16th Feb 2007

Perhaps they could make the game like the recnet Family Guy game was but with...a little more class shall we say?

What this means is you would have three different paths and three different game play styles. The chracters would be Butler, Holly, and of course Artemis. Perhaps even have a mini chracter in some of the levels.

<span style='color:red'>Butlers</span> levels would be a fighitng/beat them up stlyle game play with a reasonable story to it unlike the family guy game. Side missions in Butlers levels could be done with Juliet who would be needed if Butler would look to strange some where, or couldn't fit somewhere as Juliet would.

<span style='color:red'>Hollys</span> levels would be more like a third person shooting game. Possibly like James Bond if any of you have ever played thoes. They would untilise her wings and over gadgets as well. Her side missions could be with Mulch who would have his own powers necesarry for things.

<span style='color:red'>Artemis's </span> levels would be based totally on stealth/puzzle style game play. Being caught by an enemy would fail the misson. He would have to disarm security and things like that. Side missions for Artemis could be done by Foaly, these would simply be on screen puzzles Foaly just seen in a cut scene previously suggesting you were know controlling him.

In any of these paths you would have Foaly in your ear piece givingyou advice and just saying the odd funny lines along with the chracter. Any of you ever played Tomb Raider Legend?

Nicole_artist
Dwarf Thief

Post by Nicole_artist » Mon 19th Feb 2007

Yes. But I didn't know how to save (yes, I know I'm stupid but I eventually found it on the start menu) and my game got stuck before I worked out how to save it, so I lost all my progress and couldn't be bothered starting all over again.

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 20th Feb 2007

Modest-Genius wrote: Perhaps they could make the game like the recnet Family Guy game was but with...a little more class shall we say?

What this means is you would have three different paths and three different game play styles. The chracters would be Butler, Holly, and of course Artemis. Perhaps even have a mini chracter in some of the levels.

<span style='color:red'>Butlers</span> levels would be a fighitng/beat them up stlyle game play with a reasonable story to it unlike the family guy game. Side missions in Butlers levels could be done with Juliet who would be needed if Butler would look to strange some where, or couldn't fit somewhere as Juliet would.

<span style='color:red'>Hollys</span> levels would be more like a third person shooting game. Possibly like James Bond if any of you have ever played thoes. They would untilise her wings and over gadgets as well. Her side missions could be with Mulch who would have his own powers necesarry for things.

<span style='color:red'>Artemis's </span> levels would be based totally on stealth/puzzle style game play. Being caught by an enemy would fail the misson. He would have to disarm security and things like that. Side missions for Artemis could be done by Foaly, these would simply be on screen puzzles Foaly just seen in a cut scene previously suggesting you were know controlling him.

In any of these paths you would have Foaly in your ear piece givingyou advice and just saying the odd funny lines along with the chracter. Any of you ever played Tomb Raider Legend?

That sounds good, and maybe there could be a bonus Mulch level. One of those simple levels where you tunnel through and have to avoid bricks and pipes and all that fun stuff. You could move to try and get dropped pieces of gold and particularily moist patches of earth.
A level as Juliet would be cute too, and as Root.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Nicole_artist
Dwarf Thief

Post by Nicole_artist » Tue 20th Feb 2007

Coolness. I want this game. MAKE IT COLFER!!!! *blushes* Don't get angry sir, at me sir, you're still going to finish the sixth book, right sir?

**edit**
Why do I keep getting topic subscription replies when there's no post? Is this some kind of annoying prank?

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 3rd May 2007

heres is a ideas for the wii
1. Catfight! mini-game :catfight:
Play as Holly or Oppal, Then they fight. They pull hair and pinch each other
secrect cheats: you can unclock Grub and Artemis
2. The Bonus Dart finger Round (this one explains itself)
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Domovi
Dwarf Thief

Post by Domovi » Thu 31st May 2007

You should probably be able to shift perspectives, sometimes Butler for fighting, Sometimes Holly for stealth and fighting, and for like hacking and stuff, Artemis.

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Re: Artemis Fowl - The Game

Post by veelagirl » Thu 23rd Aug 2007

how do u play hacking? they wont allow it.
hello. my name is veelagirl.