Rooster Teeth

For movies, music and TV.
Battery
Ringbearer

Rooster Teeth

Post by Battery » Sun 15th Mar 2020

Figured this would be a good topic to have, considering 3/5ish of our regulars watch RT videos!

For those who aren't familiar with them, Rooster Teeth is a company that makes shows like Red vs Blue and RWBY, and also has several groups they call the Let's Play network that make funny gameplay videos in video games - that group includes Achievement Hunter, Funhaus, Retro Replay, and a few others. Be aware that most of the Let's Play channels and RT's videos that aren't their shows have a lot of strong language and content that's not appropriate for younger audiences.

So, picking up a conversation with Cabaline from the Other Fandoms thread :)
Cabaline wrote:
Wed 11th Mar 2020
Oh wow, I love it when they get Geoff or Alfredo to play a spooky game! But omg Play Pals regularly makes my day! I still go back and watch old ones sometimes hahah. They are so creative too, it's great. :awesome:
I love it when they get Geoff and Fredo in spooky videos! But I'm just as much of a wimp as they are, I always end up looking for a comment with all the timestamps for jump scares :lol: It's really too bad they never got Alfredo on Haunter

And Play Pals is great!! Funny how things circle around like this, but one of my favorites was the full playthrough they did of Telltale's (absolutely awful tbh) Game of Thrones game, I wish they'd do more like that :)
ImageImageImage

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Rooster Teeth

Post by Cabaline » Sun 15th Mar 2020

Haha yeah, I loved their PT playthrough :lol: And their newer 5 Night's at Freddy's VR!

OMG yes, the game was so janky but those two made it hilarious, it's one of my favourites. Especially when Gavin was trying to teach Michael the difference between Northern and Southern accents. Oooh and the bit where they mimicked the "sneaking" in the game :lol:
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 16th Mar 2020

Oh the new FNAF VR was so good :lol: Alfredo is the perfect player for that, he's so scared but he's so determined to do well. The part where they tricked him into going out into the hall was great

Btw, did you watch the Cloudberry Kingdom series when it was going? I miss the Berry Bros so much
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 16th Mar 2020

Omg yes, that bit where they joined together just to get him in the hall was a masterpiece :lol: I'm actually watching the Best of Achievement Hunter - February video right now :D

Omg yes!!!!! My favourite ever bit was in one of the most recent ones when they started chanting, "Ryan likes...", "Gavin likes ....." and they made it in one go and Gavin just screamed. It was amazing :lol:
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 17th Mar 2020

Oh nice :D I still need to watch that one. Did you see any of the 12 hour stream they did over the weekend?

:lol: I had forgotten about that moment, that was so good! I think that means I'm about due for watching a highlight video. I saw a couple of months back somebody made a spreadsheet of all the things Ryan does and doesn't own x)

Also, in case anybody who's interested hadn't heard, RT is going to be making all of their livestreams free to everyone as long as the pandemic is going on :) Which I think is really good of them
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Tue 17th Mar 2020

No, I wasn't able to watch it. I'm hoping they put up a highlights VOD or something on youtube. Or that HemboHero includes bits in his Weekly Highlights :D

Hahah, yeah I saw that someone had made a spreadsheet. I think someone also made a spreadsheet of how many times Gavin asks a question, because he actually repeats some across videos :lol:

Awh I didn't know that! That is really cool of them, I might be able to actually watch their stuff if I get quarantined. I haven't got a RTFirst membership because I am never awake to see their live streams, so I just wait 2 days til youtube.
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Wed 18th Mar 2020

Right, I hadn't thought about the time zones at all! Sorry :lol: That's a pretty important thing to consider

They're supposedly going to have the full stream up on YouTube and the site eventually, but no idea when :? I guess they're probably going to edit it down a little bit, since they took the actual archive down

Ha :lol: I'm going to look for that one, I want to know which questions about what Ryan has in his house are especially burning to Gavin
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Wed 18th Mar 2020

Yeah, timezones suck, it means I tend to miss the team nice dynamite or 2Spooky part of extra life coz they don't come on until 3 or 4 am my time. And I can't stay up like I used to be able to because of work. I still always sob like a baby every year :lol:

I want murder room to come back. I LOVE that show!
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Wed 18th Mar 2020

Oh the Murder Room!! I keep forgetting I need to catch up on that show! I love it too but I've only seen like two episodes :lol: I miss On The Spot too, mess that it was. I'll watch pretty much anything with Jon in it though :)
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Wed 18th Mar 2020

Omg same! I think he's great. I probably have a weird crush on him :lol:

Plus I liked playing along with Murder Room to get the killer :D
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 19th Mar 2020

Haha me too, I'm stuck between weird crush and "I want to be just like him when I grow up" :lol:

I'm awful at catching the killer in that game, but it is fun :) That's part of why I love their newer videos in things like One Night Ultimate Werewolf, I've even made little spreadsheets while I watch to try to figure out who's bad :lol:
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 19th Mar 2020

Hahah, I am so glad that I am not the only one :lol:

I love anything spooky that has a mystery. I love the way that when they play a game like Werewolf, they always turn on Jeremy because he's so good a lying and manipulating that they assume that nothing he says is true :lol:
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 21st Mar 2020

Haha yes I love that :lol: Plus the recent trend of Ryan picking up on when things are going too well and using that to clue into it being Jeremy x)

Also, you might have seen this already but it looks like they're putting the stream from last weekend up today ^_^
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 21st Mar 2020

Hahaha yeah :lol:

I vaguely remember seeing a tweet about a playlist but I wasn't sure if that was everything. But yes this is exciting :D

I need to have a catch up on all of the animated adventures and stuff, next week will be busy, but after Friday I can biiiiiiiiiinge :awesome:
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 23rd Mar 2020

Awesome! Btw, it looks like they're streaming Animal Crossing right now! Seems right up your alley ^_^
ImageImageImage