Rooster Teeth

For movies, music and TV.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Rooster Teeth

Post by Cabaline » Mon 23rd Mar 2020

Oooh wow, I didn't know, thanks for telling me :D
I'm on the phone with my mam right now, but I might tune in later. I love my Animal Crossing.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Fri 1st May 2020

Have you seen any of Roll Initiative? I feel like that group would be really fun to watch, but the audio in the first episode is pretty rough xD
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 1st May 2020

I have not I've not managed to catch up on much RT content recently, it sounds interesting though, I'm assuming it's D&D? Who is on it? :)
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

It is! It's a bunch of behind the scenes people - Alec is DMing, Steffie and Hannah McCarthy are a couple of the players :) I'm not familiar with the other two (I think their names are Emily and Ash?), but their characters sound like fun
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Hm, ok that's interesting! I think I might let it build up a bit and find its feet, and then binge it. Though with everyone in quarantine and no longer on a crazy scale, this would be an interesting time to bring back Heroes and Halfwits...
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

It would! Though I don't know, feels like it would be odd to do either with or without Griffon :?
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

I think Miles, Jeremy and Alison all did really good jobs when it was their turns for being Orma, in the first season. I think Season 3, the sci-fi setting was struggling to captivate people as much as the fantasy setting (which is a shame because there were some really funny moments), but the characters felt like they were grappling a bit with the setting. Maybe a soft reset with a Season 4, would be a better idea. What do you think?

I also much much prefer Frank's homebrew stuff, so I would love to see another one of those, regardless of what type of setting it is :)
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Thinking about it, this does seem like a pretty ideal time to start it up again. The other two big actual play shows (CR and TAZ) aren't running right now, so I bet they'd get a lot of new viewers who miss those shows! And a refresh does seem like a good idea, admittedly I fell off the show midway through the second season and never really could get into the third despite the super cool concept, so it would be nice to have a nice clean point to jump back in :lol: Although I don't know how entrenched in their current plot they were

Also, in my unrealistic perfect world, they get Mica back and make her a regular for H&H now that she's got so much D&D experience :lol:
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Oh wow, I didn't know that about CR and TAZ, that's really interesting. Now is like fate :lol: I know what you mean about season 2, it wasn't written by Frank and it was more puzzle and clues based, and that's just not how these guys roll (pardon the pun). So that definitely didn't have the regular vibe to it.

Awh poor Mica, honestly what the fans did to her was disgusting and I feel so guilty that she had loved RT for a huge chunk of her life, and she ended up having to quit because the fans made it such a hostile and toxic environment for her. I just want her to be happy because she is genuinely lovely, and I don't think she'd ever be happy at RT after everything :(
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Actually, I'm apparently full of it about TAZ :lol: I hadn't heard anyone mention it for a while and assumed. But still, CR definitely is on a break XD It would be cool to see them maybe even try to do something with H&H outside of RT, so that they wouldn't be quite so beholden to what they think is going to get views. Although not so sure how that would work out :lol:

Yeah really, it was awful to watch :( I hope Fiona is doing okay, it seems like things are easing up on her, but... She's great, I'd really hate to see the same thing happen to her. I'm really glad Mica has a good, solid fanbase behind her since she guested on CR
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Hahahah :lol: Yeah I wouldn't even mind if they just did a couple of silly lil one-shots, and they can vary the cast for each one. I just need my H&H fix :lol:

Yeah, Fiona is absolutely brilliant and I love her energy! I think Fiona handles it in a different way than Mica does (neither is right or wrong, or better than the other, people just process stuff differently) and I feel like Fiona is quite clear on the fact that she isn't going anywhere, and the RT staff are publicly behind her in that, which is a relief to see. Yeah, I am really glad that Mica found a home that appreciates her and she can be creative and grow and do what she loves.
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 8th Oct 2020

So, came back to this thread for obvious reasons, and the last discussion we had sure was prophetic 😬

As to the current situation... I don't think this is the place to get into the details, but man. What a mess. I hope all of them are processing it as well as can be expected. If you can call it a silver lining, maybe this means Ify can step in sooner than expected, at least.
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 8th Oct 2020

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup. Yup on everything you said. I hope this isn't too much detail but...

I sure was disappointed and upset when I saw it all on my twitter feed when I woke up this morning. Loads of AH members have tweeted out statements and tbh I agree with all of them. It is gutting to know that someone that you've admired for so long can be doing that kind of thing. I think it's gonna take me a while before I'll be able to watch any old content again.

H&H was like, my youtube security blanket. I put it on when I have a bad day, I put it on when I need to work and want something in the background, I put it on when I need help to sleep. One time I had a super bad break up and the only thing that got me through the days was endlessly watching H&H without a break. But I can't even look at it right now. *sigh* Not gonna lie, I am feeling a mix of anger too. I know I don't have any right to be angry when I don't even know these people, but it feels like all the joy that I got from that past content has been ruined?
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Fri 9th Oct 2020

This is probably even more details, but I guess really all we need to avoid is the specifics of what happened, and by extension names? I dunno, what do you think?

I feel you, every time I remember another thing that he was involved with, it's another gut punch of realizing those videos will never be the same. Every old video with him in it, there's just going to be the thought of "was this already happening?" underlying it all.

And well, as far as not having a right to be angry, I think you do honestly. This involved the community, what he did 100% affects us too. There was a level of trust there that he took advantage of.

I'm really sorry about H&H, though :( I use TTT in a similar way, but he wasn't the integral part of that like he was H&H. Obviously it wouldn't be the same, but didn't Barb and Jon and some other RT core people have a D&D show a while back? It might help to scratch the itch, at least
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 9th Oct 2020

Yes I think that is the best idea, we don;t need to add fuel to the fire, especially when we aren't party to all of the details.

Yeah I am quite glad that I am not alone in these feelings and that what I seem to be feeling is not abnormal.

Yeah now that I have had the night to think about it, you are right. This involved a breach of the community trust, it could have been any of us, and it was because of our status as a community that certain people within that community were targeted. I think our trust has been broken and will need to be built back up. But I do think that RT and AH have handled this the best way that they could have, which I really appreciate.

Yeah I find it difficult to separate the art from the artist, but maybe in the future that will change. I am still feeling reactionary so I don't want to try and fill that hole yet, because I don't feel like I'm doing it for the right reasons. Time and space will help.
Image Image