The Last Movie You Saw in Theaters

For movies, music and TV.
Battery
Ringbearer

The Last Movie You Saw in Theaters

Post by Battery » Tue 8th Mar 2016

Pretty self-explanatory :)

If you're the type who goes out and watches movies in theaters, what was the last thing you saw there? How was it? Letter grade?

For me, the last thing I saw (twice) was Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Which I loved (although I would have liked a couple of the big reveals to be handled a little better), so I'd give it an A :)
ImageImageImage

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Re: The Last Movie You Saw in Theaters

Post by Josephine Fowl » Sun 13th Mar 2016

Deadpool!
It was a lot better than I expected, seeing as I usually don't like R-rated movies, but I actually loved it. Best movie I've seen since The Force Awakens (which was amazing!).
I would give it an A+. I loved the fourth wall-breaking and the general feel of the movie was just plain amazing.
Would watch again.
Found this old signature from FowlStar, thank you so much <3
An old image made by CaptainMiraKelp, thank you so much <3

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sun 8th Oct 2017

The Mummy 2017
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 11th Oct 2017

^How'd you like it?

Blade Runner 2049

Finally, Harrison Ford has a child that isn't a mutt or trying to kill him.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 24th May 2018

"A Quiet Place." It was really interesting and well-executed, imo. I had my questions, but overall no real complaints. A pretty fresh take on a genre that's been beaten into the ground!
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Sun 3rd Jun 2018

^Normally I don't do horror movies as they seem to be under the impression jump scares and gore fill the void for horror. Here there was actually some suspense or at least I felt myself being immersed more so than watching a busty blonde flailing up the stairs only to have the killer hop of the closet ooga-booga style.

Adrift.

Where to begin. For whatever reason, I've had this thing with Shailene Woodley, not a lovey-dovey doe-eyed type of thing. More of an...annoyance. What's worst, I can't even justify it because she's simply...spectacular.

I'm sure Colin would have a dozen nitpicks, but they seemed to portray an accurate take on the darker side of sailing. I can't imagine if any normal person were placed in a position like that. It's one thing if you're in a boat like Brian from Hatchet, stranded alone in Canadian wilderness, you essentially make do best you can with what you've got. But to literally be floating god knows where...

I give the real Tami Oldham credit. Especially since she still apparently sails after that.

Well, give it a look and make your own opinions. Kind of surprised it didn't get more media coverage...sort of just stumbled on a trailer for it and thought it looked good....which is an understatement. Probably will go in my top five or ten movies for this year.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Sun 8th Jul 2018

Josephine Fowl wrote:
Sun 13th Mar 2016
Deadpool!
That's actually really funny, because, this time, the last movie I watched is Deadpool 2. And I don't think I've been in the theaters to see anything since the first Deadpool.
Found this old signature from FowlStar, thank you so much <3
An old image made by CaptainMiraKelp, thank you so much <3

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Tue 21st Aug 2018

Josephine Fowl wrote:
Sun 8th Jul 2018
Josephine Fowl wrote:
Sun 13th Mar 2016
Deadpool!
That's actually really funny, because, this time, the last movie I watched is Deadpool 2. And I don't think I've been in the theaters to see anything since the first Deadpool.
That is pretty funny. Now question is, will you break the streak before Deadpool 3?

Fill-In: I'm calling time travel on that one!

~~

Last movie was Crazy Rich Asians. *coughs*andthelastfifteenminutesoftheElviscomeback68thingthatImayhavesnuckintoafterAsiansbutshdonttellanyone*cough*

Pretty good. Again, I have my nitpicks, like if the one family is so famous and well known, how the heck does the gal not know at all? Especially if she's supposed to be uni professor specializing in Economics.

Adrift is still on top.

Speaking of, read the book she did, oh man, again, I recommend.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Mon 18th Mar 2019

Captain Marvel!

Cosmic powers! She’s basically got a star inside her! I love her!
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 18th Mar 2019

*snobbishly* Oh my gosh, it's not a star, she's powered from an Infinity Stone, like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and Vision, to a degree. And don't even get me started on the SHIELD thing...

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Third time watching it. I'd say that and Adrift are my two favorites of 2018....aside from Marvel, natch.

So far nothing has quite made it onto my top list for 2019. I semi try not count Marvel as I'd end up just taking the easy way out with them and cluttering my whole list. xD

Lego Movie 2 was alright, but it didn't quite have that same....pizzazz as the first...

EDIT:/

Date: October fourth, two thousand nineteen.

Last film viewed: Joker.

Thoughts: Oh. My. God. I know, I know, I said earlier I wasn't going to include 'superhero' movies and whatnot....but damn, this movie earns its place as my top 2019 film.
Also technically, Joker is not a hero nor superpowered. So. Loophole!
It's a film where it doesn't even need the 'Batman'/comic aesthetic to work as a great film. Literally replace a few names and it's something fresh. Parts of it are lifted from the Killing Joke storyline, essentially the central 'thesis' of the book's question/focus: What happens when you have a really, really bad day. Or in Arthur Flecks aka Joker's case, a bad life.
....*cough* I admit, I was sliiiightly concerned some nut would come bursting in the show firing off an automated weapon, but hey, that just America for you.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Tue 28th Jan 2020

Little Women

So cute and sweet and made me feel good! I adored the books growing up, and I enjoyed the movie. I went to see it with family and it was just such a wholesome experience :3
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Sun 23rd Feb 2020

The Call of the Wild

I be a simple, shallow fellow. I see Harrison Ford in a movie, I go to movie.

I suppose no one would be overtly surprised if I revealed I never read the book, I read White Fang, which I had loved as a kid when I read it and I definitely noticed similar themes/elements.
Although it was sort of done in reverse. White Fang is the story of a semi feral wolf-dog that starts his story in the Yukon and ends with the titular character finding peace with a family in California. (Think it's Cally anyway..)
Call starts in Cally and ends with the pup being his own master and free in the Yukon.

Now, I know I said I was in this for Harrison, but I absolutely loved the bit where Buck was with Perrault and his sled dog team. You could see Buck could have spent a lifetime there, happily leading his team. You could see it was a Disney-Hercules moment for him; he found a place to belong, to be. Where he was loved and appreciated.
And I freakin' loved Perrault. The man had a gigantic map-diagram drawn up and was briefing his dogs. Going over the course they'd do, what stops they'd make.
Headcanon he and Françoise are related to Roxanne.

However.

The film was not without faults.

I'd be remiss to not go off on a tangent about the most glaring and obnoxious thing I learned about this movie.

THE CGI DOG. WHY. WHY WHY WHY WHY.

Alright, fine. Maybe only Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd can control ants. Maybe it was asking too much to train an army of ants to chase Harrison around in Crystal Skull. I mean, I don't think so, but alright, fine.

But a DOG?! You're telling me, the most easily trainable creature in the world, and you replace it with CGI?!!! Why, huh? Because you 'could'? Oh gee, let's make a movie about a dog but not put a single, real puppy in the movie. No one wants that do they, Carl? "But I've got lead on where we could get a litter of St Bernards that could use a good home..." No one cares, Carl, it's alright, we'll just create our own.
Beyond authenticity, do these film makers accept and realize that by just poof inserting their own fake dog in the film they're stealing jobs from the real dogs?! What's a pup supposed to do to make an honest buck??!
(Fill-In: I see what you did thar)

For real though, I can't stand CGI. I know, I know. It makes everything soooo much easier, that even seasoned directors have hopped onto the bandwagon. Well guess what? Your bandwagon was CGI and you've just fallen on your bum, mate.

It just...doesn't look convincing enough. My brain knows it's fake. And you know what? My brain isn't the smartest. I can admit. But even my simpleton mind can go "Yeaah....no."

Although, I will say, it was quite humorous watching Harrison in interviews describing a man in balls posing as Buck for reference.

Then there was the other issue. What, you're surprised I found something else to pick at? No? Well...good.

They kill him off, man. Why. I don't want to watch that. I don't want to see my hero dying. I know he doesn't really die.....but it's like...he's getting older and it is going to happen sooner or later. I knew this kind of stuff was coming though. Ever since Force Awakens. It was like...you knew he was at an age where he was starting to outlive his characters. In retrospect, Han Solo's death is rather...a romantic send off for the character. Yeah, he dies. But...he knows that it's not in vain. I knew there'd be a pay off, eventually. There's a part of Han that knew he was never leaving that planet. That knew he had to make a sacrifice. And I stand by the "Han shot first" theory, where it's actually Han that activates Kylo Ren's lightsaber and kills himself, sparing his son the sin of patricide. Sparing him from completely turning to the dark side. And in a way, a part of Han still lives in Ben....until they kill him off in Rise.
But anyway, even back then in 2015 I knew we had reached a turning point with Harrison. Now that he had one of his most iconic characters ganked, it was on the table to start regularly killing him off. I just don't like seeing that, man.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트