The Last Movie You Saw in Theaters

For movies, music and TV.
Battery
Ringbearer

The Last Movie You Saw in Theaters

Post by Battery » Tue 8th Mar 2016

Pretty self-explanatory :)

If you're the type who goes out and watches movies in theaters, what was the last thing you saw there? How was it? Letter grade?

For me, the last thing I saw (twice) was Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Which I loved (although I would have liked a couple of the big reveals to be handled a little better), so I'd give it an A :)
online more often than you probably assume
tumblr & ao3

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Re: The Last Movie You Saw in Theaters

Post by Josephine Fowl » Sun 13th Mar 2016

Deadpool!
It was a lot better than I expected, seeing as I usually don't like R-rated movies, but I actually loved it. Best movie I've seen since The Force Awakens (which was amazing!).
I would give it an A+. I loved the fourth wall-breaking and the general feel of the movie was just plain amazing.
Would watch again.
You and me, let's marry in the space station

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sun 8th Oct 2017

The Mummy 2017
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 11th Oct 2017

^How'd you like it?

Blade Runner 2049

Finally, Harrison Ford has a child that isn't a mutt or trying to kill him.
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 24th May 2018

"A Quiet Place." It was really interesting and well-executed, imo. I had my questions, but overall no real complaints. A pretty fresh take on a genre that's been beaten into the ground!
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Sun 3rd Jun 2018

^Normally I don't do horror movies as they seem to be under the impression jump scares and gore fill the void for horror. Here there was actually some suspense or at least I felt myself being immersed more so than watching a busty blonde flailing up the stairs only to have the killer hop of the closet ooga-booga style.

Adrift.

Where to begin. For whatever reason, I've had this thing with Shailene Woodley, not a lovey-dovey doe-eyed type of thing. More of an...annoyance. What's worst, I can't even justify it because she's simply...spectacular.

I'm sure Colin would have a dozen nitpicks, but they seemed to portray an accurate take on the darker side of sailing. I can't imagine if any normal person were placed in a position like that. It's one thing if you're in a boat like Brian from Hatchet, stranded alone in Canadian wilderness, you essentially make do best you can with what you've got. But to literally be floating god knows where...

I give the real Tami Oldham credit. Especially since she still apparently sails after that.

Well, give it a look and make your own opinions. Kind of surprised it didn't get more media coverage...sort of just stumbled on a trailer for it and thought it looked good....which is an understatement. Probably will go in my top five or ten movies for this year.
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Sun 8th Jul 2018

Josephine Fowl wrote:
Sun 13th Mar 2016
Deadpool!
That's actually really funny, because, this time, the last movie I watched is Deadpool 2. And I don't think I've been in the theaters to see anything since the first Deadpool.
You and me, let's marry in the space station