Favourite Directors?

For movies, music and TV.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Favourite Directors?

Post by Cabaline » Fri 16th Aug 2013

Does anyone else have a favourite director?
Like you're sitting there watching a trailer and you think "Meh" but then you see that it's by your favourite director and decide that you just have to see it?

Coz that's what I'm like with Quentin Tarantino :D
You can just tell when you're watching a Tarantino, partly because of the sheer amount of expletives, partly because it has Samuel L Jackson in it, but mostly because of the sheer genius of the soundtrack. I've never watched a Tarantino and disliked one of the song choices. Plus I love the way that he splits up the movie e.g in Pulp Fiction, it's not told in the right order but the names of the 'Chapters' and stuff help you figure out the right order should you wish to figure it out. Plus it turns Pulp Fiction into stories within stories. I love the way that he splits up Inglorious Basterds into 'Chapters' too.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Eldewind Dolly
Gnome

Re: Favourite Directors?

Post by Eldewind Dolly » Sat 24th Aug 2013

Tarantino :wub:
I love what he does for exactly the same reasons as you, plus the always exceptionals castings :)

He's actually my very-fave director, but Steven Spielberg is also a master ^^
'' Plantée, debout, au milieu de mon rêve. ,,

Conduit E37, French Artemis Fowl forum !!!

slepyoneshot
Dwarf Miner

Post by slepyoneshot » Wed 8th Jan 2014

James Cameron, he is an amazing director and has directed most of my favorite movies, i love 'Aliens' and 'Avatar'. I will always like him
do you not like me? doesnt matter, i face a lot more than you in real life

do you not like the fact that i am a big gamer? doesnt matter, i face a lot more than you in real life

do you not like butter? doesnt matter you dont know how awesome it is

do you not like anything about me? you only think im a kid who likes to annoy everyone i see, i have ADHD, dont blame me for my gift from god, ADHD lets me be happy in real life even though im hated there

Eldewind Dolly
Gnome

Post by Eldewind Dolly » Sat 5th Apr 2014

Edit : Now I've seen all Wes Anderson movies I can add him on the top of my favourite directors list, next to Tarantino. Love his style, his characters and his plots :) I also like Sofia Coppola a lot. She only made a few movies but they are all great ; The Virgin Suicides and Marie-Antoinette are masterpieces. Terry Gilliam is one hell of a genius too. Like I already said somewhere, his Adventures of Baron Munchausen his my alltime favourite movie, but I like Tideland and The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus a lot too. Let's add Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro ; they only made two movies together (Delicatessen and The City of Lost Children) but to me these are the best french movies I've ever seen *O*

Hm I guess this time that's really all ^^'
'' Plantée, debout, au milieu de mon rêve. ,,

Conduit E37, French Artemis Fowl forum !!!

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 8th Mar 2016

(How in the world is a thread where the last reply is two years old still very high on the front page of the media section my goodness)

Edgar Wright!! :D The way he uses visuals is so original. Scott Pilgrim vs the World is my absolute favorite (non-Lord of the Rings) movie because it's like nothing else out there (I know it's based on a comic, and I think the way he drew from that genre and from video game aesthetics is just !!!! wish Marvel and DC had taken note), the pacing is perfect and it's so much darned fun to watch. Also absolutely love Shaun of the Dead.

(But I have to agree about Tarantino soundtracks. Oof.)
ImageImageImage