Sherlock

For movies, music and TV.
Battery
Ringbearer

Sherlock

Post by Battery » Thu 11th Nov 2010

Comments? Favorite scenes? FavoritThis is not a thread for the Sherlock Holmes books, or for the 2009 movie starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. This thread is for the BBC series by the title Sherlock, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. In my opinion, it is absolutely one of the best shows on television, even though there are only three episodes.

So, has anyone else seen it? :) Favorite scenes? Favorite episodes? Favorite pairings (Sherlock/John coughcough)? Anything else? :)
ImageImageImage

shadowsnake451
Troll

Re: Sherlock

Post by shadowsnake451 » Sat 13th Nov 2010

OMG this series rocks! I love the chase in the first episode...and when they examine the body in the first ep too- a study in Pink, right? LOL. Have you been on the science of deduction website? The puzzles are megaly hard.
Did you guess that Jim would be Moriarty? I thought that they might go for a female villain- actually, I thought it would be Molly, the forensics girl with a crush on Sherlock (Mollyarty- ha!) I screamed and paced at the TV for 20 mins straight when I found out it was Jim.
Yeah, I am sorta obsessed with this show. The series was so short! It is returning next year though *phew* so that's okay.
Sorry I'll stop babbling now.
PS your avatar is awesome.
Shadowsnake451
You have to be crazy to know me
Lover of all things geeky- proud member of GEEK CLUB and FG SHERLOCKIANS

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 13th Nov 2010

Teehee XD
I didn't know there was an actual website for it o_o *runs off to check*

I did not see it coming that it would be Jim. I probably might have if they'd called him James (given that in the books, his name is James Moriarty), but I didn't catch it XD At first I'd thought it might be Mycroft, but then once he started killing people, I kinda ditched that theory...

And I'll just say right now that I ship Sherlock/John XD
ImageImageImage

shadowsnake451
Troll

Post by shadowsnake451 » Sat 20th Nov 2010

Not gonna happen. It's John/Sarah and Sherlock/nobody. In 'The sign of four' Watson meets a girl called Srah, who he eventually marries. The Blind Banker, the episode in which John meets Sarah, is very closely based on that book, so I think that's the way it should go.
Shadowsnake451

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 20th Nov 2010

If it ends up John/Sarah, I wouldn't mind so much. But if they make it Sherlock/Irene, I'm gonna hurt someone XD Did you hear that the three key words for next season are "Adler, Hound, and Reichenbach"? Hound of the Baskervilles and Reichenbach Falls sound the absolute epitome of epic, but Adler... nyah ><
ImageImageImage

shadowsnake451
Troll

Post by shadowsnake451 » Sat 27th Nov 2010

OMG! They're doing the reichenbachfalls! Can't wait!
And who's Irene?

Oh yeah! From that one. Ooh, the fight scenes in that are gonna be so cool! You know, he pretends to be injured and stuff? So do you think that the Reichenbach story will be the cliffhanger at the end of the series?
PS. I think it should be Sherlock/Virginia from 'young sherlock holmes'. http://www.youngsherlock.com/
Last edited by Battery on Sat 27th Nov 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: In your comment, mergin' your posts
Shadowsnake451

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 27th Nov 2010

It probably will be the cliffhanger T-T But do you think they're going to go for Sherlock falling, or Moriarty? Or heck, maybe both? XD
ImageImageImage

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Mon 29th Nov 2010

That was so very very epic! I think there's gonna be another series too :) Soonish I think. Sherlock was just the best. Only thing is it's a really busy topic on DevART so my inbox in always full because I subscribed to the group :)
Fairies. Something about... Fairies...

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 29th Nov 2010

Me too XD I think we hafta wait a year for the next series, though T-T That's not soonish enough!
ImageImageImage

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Tue 30th Nov 2010

Lol I know :( I need to subscribe to AF too and Max R. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONES! It's out on DVD you know XD
Fairies. Something about... Fairies...

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 30th Nov 2010

I know, but I can't get it until Christmas >< I hear there's an unaired pilot that's pretty bad XD

By the way, regarding the end of the series, my dad has the theory that it's a fake bomb. I'm not really sure if I agree, but what do you guys think?
ImageImageImage

shadowsnake451
Troll

Post by shadowsnake451 » Fri 3rd Dec 2010

Nah, I think the bomb's real.
Can you get to that unaired pilot episode on the net?
Shadowsnake451

Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Ally Kat » Sat 4th Dec 2010

OMG! There's a thread for this! Yay!

I say the bomb was a bomb, but it wasn't as much semtex (I think it was semtex) that Moriarty wanted us to believe. Maybe about a quarter of what what we saw was semtex, the rest being some unknown powder, possibly poison.

I can't wait for season 2. And I think I already know what their doing for the start of season 3 (they are doing season 3 by the by) if they're doing Rechinbach in season 2. The Empty House, only better! It honestly took me a while to put two and two together for this though. XD

Actually, the next season should be coming out this coming spring, but I have no clue about the America release date. It took almost six months for them to get season 1 here after all...

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 9th Dec 2010

But what if they don't stick to the plotline? What if they have Moriarty go over instead? Or both of them? O_o
Anyway, I've already said your theory about the ending is a good one, and I stand by my statement ^_^

Also, shameless plug (not for myself, if it helps at all) for the London Bombings RP in the roleplay section- it's a Sherlock RP by my lovely twinnie AK :)
ImageImageImage

shadowsnake451
Troll

Post by shadowsnake451 » Sat 11th Dec 2010

But if Sherlock can come back, so will Moriarty, right? In fact he did in Valley of fear so I'm sure both of them will go over.
PS Welcome back AK!
Shadowsnake451