Merlin!

For movies, music and TV.
AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Re: Merlin!

Post by AFrules12 » Sun 7th Oct 2012

I actually have no idea. Brian exclaimed "it's a lunaii doll!" when he saw it. XD I think it's probably some magical creature, as they all seem to be. I really do hope it's not an alien though.. XD
One word: Merlin

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 13th Oct 2012

Oh my gosh did you see today's episode? :awesome:

I actually love Mordred >w> I kind of wasn't expecting to but they're doing a really good job of writing himmm. And I also love Sefa, she's another one they've been writing really well. They're doing a good job of distancing themselves from black-and-white good/evil characters this season, I think
online more often than you probably assume
tumblr & ao3

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Mon 15th Oct 2012

Yeah! It was pretty awesome. I like Sefa, but I still prefer Asa Butterfield as Mordred, but Alex does pretty well. I was surprised Mordred was made a knight. When will Merlin tell Arthur he has magic? It is annoying me so much.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 21st Oct 2012

Oh god and it came so close this episode XD I think this was another good one for the most part though ^_^ They're pretty good at the whole stuff jumping out at you and making you jump thing XD
tumblr & ao3

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sun 21st Oct 2012

I know.I was just like "Come on Merlin, tell Uther" and then "Come on Uther, tell Arthur" XD This episode was good, and it was funny, you know the friendly slaps and threatening with a spoon etc. xD I enjoyed it.

OMG! Merlinschannel's been blocked! Where am I going to watch Merlin now?!? D:

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 21st Oct 2012

It has? D: Oh no it has! T-T Aw man that sucks. There are a few other channels that have older episodes though I think... >< And there are other places to find them online. That made it so easy though, sigh T-T Ah well.

Yes the threatening with the spoon was good XD It was nice to see some comic relief in this one because the first two didn't really have that, so it's good to have the spoon-threatening shadow-slapping aspect of things back again x)
tumblr & ao3

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Mon 22nd Oct 2012

The humour is one of the only reasons why I watch Merlin, as the story isn't always good.
I can't find any channels on youtube that haven't been blocked. Why can't people let us watch Merlin in peace? I'm tempted to get the boxset for christmas, if I don't find anywhere else.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 4th Nov 2012

Oh my god Mordred is too adorable I'm broken help Arthur picking him up and stuff at the end wow you INEXCUSABLE CUTES
I think today's episode was really good! ^^ Especially after last week's, which was... kind of... not my favorite ever let's say :l
What did you think? c:

And as far as finding places to watch, try LegendaryBadGirl's channel - that works for me still :)
tumblr & ao3

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sun 4th Nov 2012

^^ Cool! I've been on a random WatchTVOnline website, but it's slow, and doesn't help my computer. I'll check that one out. :D
Yesterday's was so much better, but Merlin seems so different this season. I guess he's grown up. Arthur seems to trust Merlin's judgement now, like he's always asking him what he thinks.
But I didn't like it went Merlin kinda turned his back on magic, when he said that magic doesn't belong in Camelot. That decision surprised me. Surely that would've been a good opportunity, as isn't being able to practice magic what Merlin wants? That bit bugged me. And the fact he didn't save Mordred. I'm not a huge Mordred fan, but the old Merlin would've saved him.

I'm going to rewatch that episode, I watched it at my friends house, when we realised it was 8:15 there was a huge rush to the T.V. xD I never knew A, D and E were as obsessed as me.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 4th Nov 2012

That's pretty much exactly how I felt about it too :? Like ever since he killed Agravaine last season he's been becoming a much darker character... >< It's almost like he and Arthur have switched personalities a little bit XD Yeah I was so mad at him for that decision though. Like, wow Merlin. At the time I had thought that maybe Mordred would survive anyway but would find out that Arthur was going to not save him and that would be what turned him against Arthur in the first place, because he certainly seems like a little puppy following him around at this point, but yeah I dunno I guess not XP

And yeah it does seem like Arthur trusts Merlin a lot more now :) God knows he deserves it though, it's been how long since they met at this point? XD
tumblr & ao3

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Mon 5th Nov 2012

Yeah, well the first season was 5 years ago, I think, and it depends if there was any extra time in between seasons, I don't know. Funnily enough I found the book of the first episode of season 1, no idea where it came from, but it was quite interesting, you pick up the feelings of some characters that you never really noticed before. It's amazing how much Merlin and Arthur hated each other.
I haven't actually properly watched last season, I only saw the odd few. I'm re-watching them all though, but am only on series 3.
In the shower, I was making up alternate answers to the question Arthur asked, I disagreed with Merlin so much. xD Weird, I know.
Also I noticed Merlin's losing his English accent. He'd got pretty good at it, but now he sounds a bit like me, a bit of a mixture between Irish and English. Though he has more Irish than I do. xD It's kinda sad to notice that.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 8th Dec 2012

Hey so just to let you know
I haven't seen any Merlin since The Disir...
So...
I would much appreciate it if you could try to avoid spoiling the finale or anything when it comes out XD
I'm going to wait for it to air in the US in January because the online iterations of the episode after that one just load so slowly for me it's not worth it x_x
So yes
That is all XD
I hear Elyan's dead though x_x Is that true?
tumblr & ao3

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sat 8th Dec 2012

Of course, I understand and unfortunately yes :(

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Fri 15th Feb 2013

Oh wow okay so I've seen up through A Hollow Queen now and the next episode looks so good it's like three in the morning but holy gosh I want to keep going this season is so good omfgsklgnfn that poor kid in the last one though :(
tumblr & ao3

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sat 16th Feb 2013

That was the one with Daegal? Why do Merlin's friends always die?
It's not fair. The next one's With All My Heart isn't it? That was one of my favourites of the whole season. You'll see why. ;) I died laughing.