The Lord of the Rings thread

For movies, music and TV.
evilgenius
Dwarf Thief

Re: The Lord of the Rings thread

Post by evilgenius » Sun 15th Jan 2012

I have read the first LotR books. Oh my gawd they are legen-wait for it...DARY legendary :D Maybe I'm a little overexcited, who cares! Now I must wait impatiently for an opportunity to read the last one.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 15th Jan 2012

^ Oh my gosh, yes, new fan! :D That is my very favorite kind of LotR fan >w> Favorite characters? Favorite chapters? Favorite everything? Am I asking too many questions? XD
ImageImageImage

Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Wed 15th Feb 2012

*squeal* I can't wait for the Hobbit movie. :D I found Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be Smaug! Hopefully the movie will be fairly true to the book...
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 19th Feb 2012

^ They're going to have a second plot with Gandalf and Galadriel going on on the side... but it was something that Tolkien himself had thought of and mentioned in some other work, so it should hopefully fit in with the existing canon :) Also we know for a fact that Jackson and co. have added at least one character that doesn't exist by name in the book, and Legolas appears at some point. Have you seen the trailer? :D It's amazing. Less than ten months now!
ImageImageImage

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sun 15th Apr 2012

I'm 10 and I've read the Hobbit and I'm going to read LOTRs.
By the way the movie is coming out December the 14th 2012! :razz:
Here it is:
It looks AWESOME!
Last edited by world is quiet here on Tue 12th Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Wed 6th Jun 2012

You guysss, the seventh production video is out! :awesome:
Featuring Martin Freeman being rolled around in a half-barrel on wheels, bits and pieces from a few action scenes, and Legolas!

Also they mention that the next production video will be their last.
Because they'll be wrapping.
SDNFAVJNDGSDBJGNVGFDBGDVFJNAJDGNBKVDFNGSFB
ImageImageImage

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Thu 7th Jun 2012

^Lol! That looks awesome. I chuckled at 12:44. ICAN'TWAITFORTHEMOVIE.
Can I pre-order my tickets now? :awesome:
Also I found the Hobbit graphic novel! I must buy it! Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hobbit-J-R- ... =1-2-fkmr0

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sun 9th Sep 2012

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... ALLpng.png
The guy sitting next to the big person which I can't remember what they're called looks so cute
Anyone heard of LEGO lotr? Well, that links shows there's going to be a LEGO lotr video game! And loads of sets are released already!

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 9th Sep 2012

I've seen a bunch of the Lego sets, yeah x) Some of them are pretty cool. Some of them are a bit ehh though but I may just be biased because there's only one I've seen with both Merry and Pippin and that is just not okay XP And I don't have a video game console that works anymore unfortunately so you guys will have to tell me how the game is x)
ImageImageImage

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sun 9th Sep 2012

Yeah, I laaakkkeee Merry and Pippin too x) they look so cute in LEGO minifigures x)
And yeah some of 'em aren't great - some of them are rather pointless - however the Mines of Moria set looks good --- oh and can you play PC? Cuz it'll probably be released on PC too. I'll just get on a good ol' Wii x) And actually quite often they're released on PC first ^^

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Wed 19th Sep 2012

^ I have no idea; the family computer can barely do anything anymore, but my laptop might be able to handle it x) If I could even pay for it, which I don't know that I could XD Maybe if I get some money around the holidays :) And yeah the Mines of Moria set does look pretty cool! The Pippin figure is pretty cute, hahah x)

OHkay now have you guys seen the new Hobbit trailer because it is amazing and I am extremely excited
ImageImageImage

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 4th Jan 2014

This thread hasn't been active in ages, but I just wanted to let any interested parties know that there's a Tolkien read-along starting this week where a bunch of people are reading a few chapters of The Lord of the Rings at a time and discussing them and creating fanworks based on the chapters we're reading :) So if anyone is interested in reading the books for the first time (or again with others) that might be a thing you want to check out
ImageImageImage