The Lord of the Rings thread

For movies, music and TV.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

The Lord of the Rings thread

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 24th Jan 2009

I'm reading the first book now, and I've seen bits and pieces of the movies.

Discuss.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Re: The Lord of the Rings thread

Post by p5ychic » Sun 25th Jan 2009

HollyShort9 wrote:I'm reading the first book now, and I've seen bits and pieces of the movies.

Discuss.

You're ten and you're reading LotR? Impressive! I can barely get through a few pages of it, and I'm 17.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 25th Jan 2009

Yeah, I'm reading the books.

This is coming from a kid who read Harry Potter, Eragon, To Kill a Mockingbird, the kid's version of Frankenstein (in 2 hours including when I stopped for a movie break, might I add)... yeah, pretty much a kid who loves books.

For anyone who's read the books;

I'm at the part in the book where it's right after the Black Riders or whatever got chased away by the elves' singing and the elves are letting the hobbits go along with them. What I'm wondering is WHERE IS GANDALF?!?!? HE'S LATE!!!
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sun 25th Jan 2009

HollyShort9 wrote:Yeah, I'm reading the books.

This is coming from a kid who read Harry Potter, Eragon, To Kill a Mockingbird, the kid's version of Frankenstein (in 2 hours including when I stopped for a movie break, might I add)... yeah, pretty much a kid who loves books.

I'm at the part in the book where it's right after the Black Riders or whatever got chased away by the elves' singing and the elves are letting the hobbits go along with them. What I'm wondering is WHERE IS GANDALF?!?!? HE'S LATE!!!

Off-topic, but You've read "To Kill a Mockingbird?" You have to see the movie, if you haven't already. Without a question the best film adaptation of a book ever.

I'll try to find the audiobooks so I can read them easier. I have a very short attention span.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 25th Jan 2009

P5YCHIC wrote:
HollyShort9 wrote:Yeah, I'm reading the books.

Off-topic, but You've read "To Kill a Mockingbird?" You have to see the movie, if you haven't already. Without a question the best film adaptation of a book ever.

I'll try to find the audiobooks so I can read them easier. I have a very short attention span.

Yeah, I saw the movie. It was awesome. :D

Okay, back on topic now... XD

The movies were awesome! I like Smeagol, he's funny. XD

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Tue 27th Jan 2009

Without a question the best film adaptation of a book ever.

I think there's a question... there are so many good ones to choose from. For example, what about The Godfather? From what I hear, it's a pretty mediocre book, but they managed to make an excellent movie out of it.

Back on topic, I've never seen the Lord of the Rings movies because I refuse to until I've read the books. Which I've been planning to do now for about six years. Something else always pops up in its way. I'll get to them eventually, though!

I've also heard the movie soundtrack and I liked it a lot.

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Mon 9th Feb 2009

I tried reading the first one.. I couldn't keep my attention on it! It was long, and hard to read. But that was when I was 8... maybe I should try it again soon.. I loooooove the movies though! :D

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Mon 9th Feb 2009

Yeah, it's REALLY slow at first, but then it gets faster!

I'm at the part now where Strider is taking them on a short-cut.

Holly359
Troll

Post by Holly359 » Thu 26th Feb 2009

Ooooh I loved the movies! :D I couldn't get through the book though... believe me, I tried. I vow to read them someday, however. It sounds like the books are AWESOME, and I wish I could read them, but I just don't have the concentration it takes.
ImageImageImage
Member of the Book Club!!!
If I don't break free through written words, my thoughts will clog my brain until I explode.
That's just me. <3
"That's right, that's me, I don't care what you think
You can talk all day, I don't care what you say." ZOEgirl, Dead Serious

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 8th Mar 2010

Yay for year-old threads! XD

I LOVE LotR. I luff Pippin :3 he's awesome. I was mad at them from cutting his moment of genius when he and Merry get taken by the Urukai (sp?) but they made up for it by giving him a bigger part in Return of the King with the torch thing. But yah, Pippin's AHSUM. :D

I love the books and I love the movies ^^ it's all amazing.
ImageImageImage

cookieninja
LEP Commander

Post by cookieninja » Mon 8th Mar 2010

Yay. I like this thread.
I tried to read the books, I really did. Hmm.... I was 11 or 12 I think. I only got to the part in the first book AFTER Gandalf dies. Then I was like, 'This is too slow, I'll try again in a few years'. I'm probably going to try next year again.
What I read though, was pure genius.
The movie are awesome. But poor, poor me, I've seen them before I read the book.
Anyways, My favourite movie out of the three is... I really can't choose. I love it when the trees come and burst the damn, but I just love the battle of the last movie, and the part where the spider bit Frodo made me jump.
My favourite characters are Pippin, Legalos, and Merry in the movie. I didn't really have a favourite in the book....

There you go. Some spoilers.
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Mon 8th Mar 2010

I'm halfway through the second book...
Okay, okay, I admit it, the second book got pushed aside for other books, which led to other books, which led to drawing and reading and dancing and...
...you get the point.

But I'm doing pretty good for someone my age, methinks.

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Mon 8th Mar 2010

I read part of "The Hobbit" got bored and quit, and I was 13 xD but I loved the movies :D

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 8th Mar 2010

Yah, I don't think The Hobbit's as good as the other 3.
Cookie, no favorite in the books? But Pippin is way awesomer in the books than in the movies!! >< But then, that's mostly when you get to the second one...
ImageImageImage

artemisfowlexpert1
Dwarf Thief

Post by artemisfowlexpert1 » Thu 22nd Apr 2010

Im right in the middle of reading the Fellowship of the ring. i saw the movie cause my friend(who read all the books in less than a week)forced me to watch the movie. it was actually pretty good.
<3 Psalm 23 <3Image
DANCER SWAG
My weapon is my BODY, my element is WATER, my world is SWIMMING.
"Real revenge, is making something of yourself."- Gerard Way
Long live the ROMANCE