A Clockwork Orange (Don't watch it if you're young.)

For movies, music and TV.
p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

A Clockwork Orange (Don't watch it if you're young.)

Post by p5ychic » Mon 17th Mar 2008

DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU'RE OLD ENOUGH. To give you a frame of reference, I'm 16 and I'm fairly sure I wasn't old enough to watch it. It was the first "Rated X" Movie I'd ever seen, and I'm fairly Certain I should have waited until I was 18.

However, It's amazing. The music is all classical, mixed in with electronic sounds, The direction is great, (I now heart Stanley Kubric) and the story is just amazing.

If anyone's seen it (And I swear to god, if I get any letters from angry parents saying I corrupted their child by recommending this movie to them, I will respond that I warned said child not to watch it and that it's half the child's fault for not listening to me and half the parents' fault for not stopping the child.), Please let me know what you think.

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Re: A Clockwork Orange (Don't watch it if you're young.)

Post by MichaelM » Fri 21st Mar 2008

It's on my list of "classics" that I really want to see but have never quite gotten around to. (like Resovoir Dogs, The Shawshank Redemption etc.) XD

I'll remember your recommendation the next time it's on TV though. :D

Hazel
LEP Recruit

Post by Hazel » Wed 26th Mar 2008

I didn't even know it was possble to find X rated movies. Huh that is interesting. But even if I wanted to my parents wouldn't even let me. I would probably ruin my "childhood innocence"(or at least what is left of it :lol: )
This is from Hazel the Brilliant

"I am so clever I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
"I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure."
"Never take life to seriously, no one gets out alive anyways."
"The conclusion is the part where you got tired of thinking."

nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Post by nutrino » Mon 7th Apr 2008

A clockwork orange... i've heard of it. I know my parents have the book in my grandmothers library (she left it to us when she died. she was a food, wine and book critic). I think its pretty short. is it worse or less warping than the film, do you know?
Hello again.

Pampered.Pixie
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Pampered.Pixie » Tue 15th Apr 2008

I want to see it. I've watched some trailers of it on youtube and it sounds like a pretty interesting movie. But considering its rated X it probably has some themes my parents wouldn't be to excited about me seeing. In a few years though! :)

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Thu 1st May 2008

Not just themes, images.

But anyone who's viddied this movie knows that it's not for malenky glazzies. Not for malchicks and devochkas. Chellovecks and cheenas only. Lots of grown-up slovos. Anyone younger should go get a nice warm glass of Moloko and go spatchka. Right Right Right.

That's how they talk the whole movie. What I actually said was:

But anyone who's seen this movie knows that it's not for little eyes. Not for boys and girls. Men and women only. Lots of grown-up words. Anyone younger should go get a nice warm glass of milk and go sleep. Right.

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sat 18th Oct 2008

Kind of off-tangent, but it's still A Clockwork Orange related...

I was browsing for cool shirts to buy on threadless when I immediately thought of you, P5 XD :

http://www.threadless.com/product/1184/Clockwork_Kit

Anyway, I still haven't finished watching the movie [I left off at 34:18 over the summer break] and I have the ebook bookmarked somewhere, but so far, yeah, it is too adult for kids, really. Images, themes, everything. After watching 0:34:18 minutes of it, I thought it was actually rather violent and too obsessed with matters concerning... the phallus, but I haven't seen the entire film, so I couldn't really judge it yet. :D
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sun 19th Oct 2008

Oh. I really really want to see A Clockwork Orange now, though I can see how it would be inappropriate.

I read the book, and it was absolutely amazing.
Though the movie apparently cut off the last chapter.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Sun 19th Oct 2008

I haven't seen the movie, nor read the bokk, but I'd really like to.
Can't get worse than American Psycho anyway...
ImageImageImage

Eldewind Dolly
Gnome

Post by Eldewind Dolly » Sat 24th Aug 2013

Ahah, I saw this movie when I was 14 :D And I was definitely not old enough =__= But I really think I wouldn't have liked it even if I were old enough and even if the director is Stanley Kubrick. Dunno exactly why... I think it's simply not my "type" of films ^^

That said, the "hero" of the movie is one of the pretty damn best anti-hero of the human history, and the plot is truly interesting (but too much 'rapefull' for me --'')
'' Plantée, debout, au milieu de mon rêve. ,,

Conduit E37, French Artemis Fowl forum !!!