For movies, music and TV.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Last?

Post by Cabaline » Wed 13th Jan 2016

The Martian.

Really funny, emotional and I really enjoyed it :D
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Post by Duck With No Name » Sun 24th Jan 2016

Star Wars: The Force Awakens :'D

:starwars:

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Mon 25th Jan 2016

Carol
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Thu 31st Mar 2016

Top Gear: The Botswana Special

It's technically not a movie, but it's 1½ long and it was on DVD, so it counts imo. :awesome:
just your not-so-local english major
and video game development minor

Falcon!
Dwarf Miner

Post by Falcon! » Mon 30th May 2016

John Dies At The End. Like, it was okay. It wasn't a very good transition from book to movie; I wish they'd been a little less focused on taking lines straight from the book and more on adapting the plot, haha, it felt like a meaningless mash of all the filmmaker's favorite parts.
Member since April 30, 2010!
My old sig by Amber: http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... Falcon.png
My name is Fal an' I'm resident Cool Cat. Talk to me about my Killjoys obsession or giving me your unwanted things to eat (anything is good covered in chocolate.)
"the story"

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Fri 24th Jun 2016

Captain America: Civil War, finally
ImageImage

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Sat 15th Apr 2017

Power Rangers! :D
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 17th Apr 2017

Carrie Pilby.

Still haven't finished it, letting myself relish in it. I noticed one sloppy nitpick, in the scene with Carrie and Matt, they no sooner place their order then literally a second later Matt takes a sip of his drink, but it doesn't show the waitress coming back, nor is it a new scene, it's literally like:

Carrie: I'll just have a water.
Matt: I'll take a diet Coke and a double bacon cheeseburger, cause I'm AMERICAN.
Carrie: *cocks eye* Really? Diet coke?
Matt: *pats self* Gotta try and keep the weight off for the wedding...*awkward silence, hides behind sip of coke*

That's almost word for word how it goes down...with mild embellishments.

The Tara/Kara thing still bugs me a tad. Like....the books her name is Kara, the movie they change it to Tara. Why? I feel the producers specifically knew I'd read the book then the movie and were like "Hm, what's the one thing we can do to really agitate him? Hey hey, how about we change the name of a supporting character? Not majorly though, just a letter. See if anyone notices."

I NOTICED.

....She's still a bit of a Roxy though <3
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Tue 28th Jan 2020

Bad Ben

A home-made, $300 budget, horror movie. Starring one person, directed by the same person, edited by the same person.
Not a "knocks your socks off" kind of film, but stands up OK considering everything. I was entertained, which is all I ask for from media :)
Image Image

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Post by artymon I\/ » Sat 29th Feb 2020

The Invisible Man (2020)

You know, it was better than I had anticipated. It was a freight train of suspense from the word go. The second act very much felt like it drew on James Cameron's OG Terminator duology.

My nitpick would be with when Cecilia is bailing from James's house, runs out the door...then next scene she's in an Uber/lyft of some vein. It's not a next day thing, it's almost implied she had prearranged the Uber guy but we never saw her order a driver. He was just...there. One second she's running down the street...then goes to the car and hops in.
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Fri 6th Mar 2020

I'm going to limit myself to just what I've seen in cinemas, and the most recent of those would be Frozen II.

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 6th Mar 2020

Shrek. Again.
I run movie club. I let them vote on the movie. We are watching Shrek again.
Image Image

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Post by artymon I\/ » Mon 9th Mar 2020

^Sounds like my niece. She tends to end up watching the same things over and over...and over and over. Currently she's on a Despicable Me kick.

Last movie would have been Onward.

I enjoyed it.

.............................................................BUT

I felt they missed the mark they wanted to hit.

It's a fantasy movie that's supposed to set up "once upon a time" there was magic and stuff, etc, but then the fairies discovered electricity and forgot about magic. So now you've got centaurs riding in cars, pixies riding motorcycles...basically just a "modern suburban" setting...with fairy-tale creatures.
The big thing basically is that there's no magic now. They creatures have kind of lost their way.
So now when Ian and his brother discover this spell, they go on a quest and you start to get this sense that they're going to "bring back" the magic to the land, inspire the creatures back to their full majestic selves. At one point they run into a gang of pixies and upset them and the pixies give chase until their bikes flip and they suddenly start flying.
But then...that's they only case of that we see. There's a small scale battle with a golem dragon...that's where you'd think there could be an "Avengers Assemble" moment for the town, but it really only comes down to Ian, his mom, and a minotaur.
However, in the epilogue (god, I almost said "pre-credits scene", darn you, Marvel!), it shows the creatures seemingly start to slowing reinstitute their magical ways.
It just felt a tad clunky. Like I said, I think I know what they were going for, but they missed the mark a tad. There should have been more moments like with the pixie bikers. There's a scene where Mom's centaur-cop-boyfriend is pursuing the boys. They could have had the cop's car destroyed and the centaur is forced to proceed on hoof and is perhaps amazed to realize he's keeping pace with the van...
I dunno.

Like I said, not a bad film. It was fine.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 13th Mar 2020

We finished Shrek and ended up starting the first live-action Scooby-Doo movie :lol:
Image Image

artymon I\/
Centaur Genius

Post by artymon I\/ » Wed 18th Mar 2020

I finally got around to watching Frozen II.

Vague Spoilers to follow?

Well. I think Honest Trailer basically said it all. Slightly predictable, vastly forgettable numbers, with a lot of callbacks to the OG film. I could go into a rant about flashbacks and their use in films, but meh.

Instead, I would love to utterly rave about the score for Frozen. When they enter the Enchanted Forest *video of OUAT starts rolling* - no, not that one, the other one! - but for real. The score for when they enter the forest and throughout from that point on....holy cannoli, it may have been just me -

Fill-In: It was.

- but the score had a total Raiders thing going on! It wasn't the whole Indy theme, but more so about the first five or ten minutes of the music from Raiders. I am not fluent in how to speak music, but it just....man! My ears had fun with it.
Image Image ImageImage
네이트