What Scares You

For strange, random (and maybe a little pointless!) messages.
ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

What Scares You

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

What scares you most at a haunted school/hallway/gym/trail, etc?

For the past 10 years my FFA chapter has done the same things for a our haunted school; a torture chamber, endless dark hallway, optical illusion polka dot room, and mirror room.

I want some new and different ideas to present to the club this year! I am sick of the same old not-scary stuff! None of it's scary and it hasn't been for 10 years.

This year i was finally nominated to be head chair-commitee person for designing, planning, and everything else in the job description! I Run it this year! This is one of my dreams! I can finally turn it around and make it good!

But-- in order to do that, i need ideas. Please don't give me ideas like expensive things, we do things like build sets. It all needs to be ideas that you can make yourselves, unless you're talking about like props you can't make, i.e. body parts.

But i need some ideas SOON so i can begin planning for October. So anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you so much! If you don't feel like posting a reply you can just PM me too! Thank you again!
THANK YOU SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out my AF video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLWGWizo4w

And also check out my AF Fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8468806/1/The-Sacrifice

Princereedy
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Re: What Scares You

Post by Princereedy » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

Few quick questions!

- Are you able to take it outside? Have you got a field/forest nearby that you can use?
-Is it going to be a series of attractions/rooms, or are you able to expand it? EG: Use a theme such as a murder mystery :)

Sorry if I missed the point of the question!

ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

Oh, no! Thoes are great questions, thank you! BTW your Avatar is adorable! What's it from?

It is inside of a school building, just down the hallway. We normally use plywood to make different rooms if need be. It just loops around from 1 entrance, down a lond hallway, out the exit.

There will be no forest or woods, but we do sometimes bring in leaves and throw them on the ground for people to walk on. It seems like an eery dark forest then.

And no, it had no theme other that scaring people. lol. thank you for the questions!!

And also check out my AF Fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8468806/1/The-Sacrifice

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Tue 24th Jul 2012

Hmm...

There are some videos that show you how to use stage makeup to make it look like your face, or a part of it is ripped off.

Maybe you can do that and have someone else pretend to be eating the other persons face.

That'll scare people. >:3 Or is it too graphic? You can also add fake blood on the person that is eating them. Like on their face and hands.
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot

ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Tue 24th Jul 2012

lol i think that'll make people think of the Miami Zombie thing lol. I was thinkin more settings then costumes. we normally give costume choice to the individual :3 good idea though i might use that for something else lol

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Tue 24th Jul 2012

You said it was more about setting than costume, but I have an idea that sort of fits into both. The scariest thing is evil children or murdered crazy people. Based on that, the scariest place to have a haunted house would be an orphanage or mental hospital where the patients or children were supposedly slaughtered. It could be done with a few bloodied dolls and some broken toys.

-Dark Star
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!

ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Tue 24th Jul 2012

hmmmmmm..........

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Sat 28th Jul 2012

Have something involving worms.
I am so scared of worms it's ridiculous, they are literally the most frightening on earth,
And not just because "Ew, it's slimy", it's because they will eat you, and follow you and omg I cannot even think about them without crying so I'm going to stop now.
Basically,
Worms are the the devil.

Also, have a scary clown, like the clown demon from twisted metal.
He could like chase people around a hospital or something.

Nerbua
Troll

Post by Nerbua » Sun 12th Aug 2012

Heights... Hate them with all my heart.

Hehehe...

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 13th Aug 2012

Maybe the setting can be a very old hospital. And there are dead people everywhere? :? Some following others from behind?
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Thu 16th Aug 2012

Detective Conan/ Case Closed. Dr. Who. Lots of other stuff. I'm really weird. I'm terrified of anything easily. And sailing.
Last edited by world is quiet here on Thu 20th Feb 2014, edited 1 time in total.

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Thu 27th Sep 2012

Uhm. My list scares me. I'll put a few:

1) Teachers/Authority (enforcers)
2) Touching. I'm starting to get anxiety when people touch me too much. Hoorah :D
3) White walls is a very bad, unexplained phobia.
4) What else? Ah. Being ignored. It's not something that just annoys me - it terrifies me. Long story.
5) Boys. I know this sounds stupid, but I can meet a girl and a boy in the same day. A girl can become my best friend but I probably won't say more than three words to a boy I don't know - let alone do (still barely nothing).
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

AngelMoon
Gnome

Post by AngelMoon » Thu 27th Sep 2012

what we did last year (it turned out great) was a mental hospital.first, there was a "doctor" welcoming you to their hospital. then a loud sound started blaring saying 'code red, patiants escaped' (or something like that) and the doctor said: run to the exit! while being dragged by a paitent. as you went through the house (yes, it was in an old empty house) there were patients who were cannibals, and some who were chained down, and one fell out of a room and was dragged back in by "doctor". their shirts had red hand prints and tears. for sounds, people would occationally scream and there were red flashing lights.

This REALLY freaked me out. I screamed so much....3: but a good idea if you want to use it.

amazing signature, sara!! thanks! <3

Penguins cannot fly.
I cannot fly.
Therefore, I am a penguin.

When man kills lions, its called game. When lions kill man, its called ferocity.

A friend is a person who knowes all about you, and still loves you ~Elbert Hubberd~

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Thu 27th Sep 2012

The most i've been scared on Halloween was a couple years ago, when I knocked on someone's door, the guy who answered had a monster face on, And I jumped in the air, but that was when I was young. About ten years ago the place where my Dad worked had a huanted house and trick-or-treating, it was all pretty cool and not very scary until a fog machine set off the fire-alarm, that was kinda scary...

This year I have a great idea for scaring trick-or-treaters, I just hope my Mom lets me do it...
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Immortal
Dwarf Thief

Post by Immortal » Thu 4th Oct 2012

Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. They're fictional...but damn. I couldn't sleep for a while after watching Blink at night.
Thanks to Mira-chan for making this awesome sig ^_^