The Off Topic Topic!

For strange, random (and maybe a little pointless!) messages.
Amber Root
Council Member

Re: The Off Topic Topic!

Post by Amber Root » Thu 29th May 2014

I just bought my graduation dress ^~^
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 29th May 2014

@Cabby: It was really interesting - it was for a history trip (we just finished doing Germany 1918-1939 so it was linked to that) and we visited some places in Munich as well as going on trips... We went to Nuremburg, the Eagle's Nest, and Dachau concentration camp :( That was really sad... And the food wasn't great (we were staying at some hotel place and it wasn't the best ever :| ) But overall it was pretty fun! :awesome:
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Fri 30th May 2014

:O You got to go to a camp?! I've been wanting to go to Lublin, Poland to visit Majdanek.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Fri 30th May 2014

Skyswallow wrote:@Cabby: It was really interesting - it was for a history trip (we just finished doing Germany 1918-1939 so it was linked to that) and we visited some places in Munich as well as going on trips... We went to Nuremburg, the Eagle's Nest, and Dachau concentration camp :( That was really sad... And the food wasn't great (we were staying at some hotel place and it wasn't the best ever :| ) But overall it was pretty fun! :awesome:
Oh wow! :D That sounds like such an awesome trip :) Did it cost a lot? Coz tbh I would love to pack my bags and go to so many places but I just can't afford it :? Did you eat much traditional food, or did it just serve tourist food? I am so jealous :P
Amber Root wrote:I just bought my graduation dress ^~^
Yay! What's it like ^_^

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Fri 30th May 2014

@Cabby: I can't actually remember the cost XD Coz it was a school trip, so we started paying months ago... :( The actual hotel just had pretty average stuff, but we did go to some fancy place on our last day and it just served traditional food, so that was interesting :D Where would you visit, if you could?

Off-topically, I made a punny AF post on Tumblr and it now has 166 notes.
...I did not know the Fowldom was that big.

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 30th May 2014

Ha ha ha, wow it sounds awesome :D Well this summer I am going to Bulgaria which will be cool. I want to go back to Greece coz it was amazing last time. I would love to go to France and Italy, that would be great. My friend is also begging that at some point we stay at her place in Australia and India. But those places might be too hot for me, and I don't deal with bugs very well.

Oh wow awesome, what was the post? :D

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 31st May 2014

Awesome, where in Bulgaria are you visiting? Is there anywhere you're planning on seeing? What did you do in Greece? If you went to Australia in winter (eg summer holidays for us ^_^ ) it might not be too bad... is it in the North or South? I know what you mean about heat and bugs though :( Advice: don't visit Canada (well, Ontario at least) in summer... Very hot + eeevil mosquitoes if you're in the forest-y bits = :(

This one :D

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 31st May 2014

I'm going to Yambol but I will be spending some time in the old town part of Sozopol. I like the old town better than the new town. The new town in aimed at tourists who want to party and get drunk, but the old town has pretty beaches and outside cafes on cobbled streets and it's just so pretty ^_^ But this trip my boyfriend is gonna take me to places where I can try local foods and stuff rather than landmarks this time. Though when I was in Sozopol last time I got to see the vampire tombs which were cool. :awesome:

In Greece we stayed on Leros Island. My boyfriends mum works as a chef at a restaurant and we stayed with her. Her house is literally on the beach, if I'd knocked something off my windowsill it would've fallen in the ocean. It was beautiful. I have no idea when I'll get to go back, but my goodness I really miss it! :)

I have no idea where it is :lol: I'll have to ask! Ha ha ha, yeah I've heard about how bad the bugs are when you're in the forests :D

:lol: Wow that's witty, I like it. We should start a thread here for something like that :D

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 31st May 2014

That sounds really cool! :D Vampire tombs, eh? Image (image from springhole.net) That sounds awesome :) What're you most looking forwards to trying?

Greece sounds lovely! I hope you do get to go back there soon! :)

When I went to Canada five years ago (wow, five years already? :o ) I went to a Canadian summer camp for 2 days. It was meant to be 2 weeks, but there'd been a really wet spring and it was hot and sunny. That would've been nice, but there were so. many. mosquitoes! I ended up looking like I had chickenpox or something, plus I reacted pretty badly to them for some reason (itchier than British ones! :( )

Hm, do we need more threads?
*short pause*
Yes. Yes, we do.
I shall open one forwith! :awesome:

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 31st May 2014

Hm, well I'm looking forward to having souvlaki but I had that last time. Bacon flavoured Skips (they're crisps), these honey-flapjacks-type-of-thing, there's this restaurant that serves "villager wedges" which are local potatoes done in the style of steak chips in this secret sauce that are apparently really unique and really good, and there are loads of pastry places where I can get stuff. So I'm looking forward to that :awesome:

Oh wow! I'm lucky in that when I was in the heat I wasn't bitten by anything but I did get a heat rash on my chest that stayed there for the entire time I was abroad. But It wasn't too bothersome :D

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Wed 11th Jun 2014

Butler wears swanky hats.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Mon 14th Jul 2014

Amber Root wrote:Butler wears swanky hats.
Are they anything like this?

Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 19th Jul 2014

I bet the Twins have dropped the hats in one of Mulch's tunnels at least seven times.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sun 20th Jul 2014

Bang Your Drum wrote:
Amber Root wrote:Butler wears swanky hats.
Are they anything like this?

Yaaas :awesome: He'd be such a cutie in it.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Mon 11th Aug 2014

My dad is watching the Odd Couple and they were fighting but then

Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction