The Off Topic Topic!

For strange, random (and maybe a little pointless!) messages.
jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Re: The Off Topic Topic!

Post by jsreed5 » Mon 19th Nov 2018

MY GOODNESS I NEED TO GET ON HERE MORE.

I'm not posting this in the anniversary thread, since today isn't an anniversary for me, but my tenth FG anniversary is in seven months. And wow, how much I've changed as a person in that time.

I was gonna post a bug gushy thing here about how much FG and my time here has meant to me, but I can't even think of how to properly articulate my sentiments. I love you all, and I'm so happy to know all of you. You guys are awesome!

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Fri 30th Nov 2018

FG is slowly gaining life again aHA
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Thu 20th Dec 2018

^ Ikr, it's actually kind of amazing!

After so many years of almost complete silence, we're all slowly starting to trickle back and say hello.
just your not-so-local english major

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 3rd Jan 2019

Well. I peeked. To what purpose, Odin only knows. (And holy cannoli that's a lot of posts)

Y'know...it'd be cool to get the old gang back together. Kiera, Miasaki, Helen, heck even Alanna. Funny, I have a good portion of you lot on Facebook, but we hardly talk. That's partly my fault. I've become a bit of an antisocial bugger, well, I always was. Maybe because typing was easier than talking?

I think about that moment, this day, and I wonder if I would change it. How would things be? Probably about the same. Would I be better off? Maybe...but then...what about Roxy? And Colin and Fill-In (well, actually you go back before then, so you good, bruh). The stories in general? Would I have still written?

For the record, I officially change my answer. I'm taking over the Greek Isles instead of Florida. 8)
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Fri 1st Feb 2019

you know what guys? it's really strange but i feel kind of homeless in terms of having an internet community. this place used to be it, i checked it every day after school and stayed on until late at night.

then it was tumblr, and i got really popular over there with my poetry and it's just weird now because i don't speak to some of the people i used to hang out with over there bc we fell out. i don't want to post there anymore because i don't want them having access to me in any way.

i want to start over somehow but the thought of doing so makes me feel really tired. i have friends offline and everything, but i feel like i've always made deeper connections with my online friends. right now i kind of feel like i'm just wandering, passing through.

it's strange to be here again at this point. i think what i've learned is that home is a fluid concept, not a constant.
i write because you exist.

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Sat 2nd Feb 2019

Some would say home is the place you've just left.

Captain Nemo's motto was mobilis in mobili, moving in the ever moving. We constantly change if only in a million tiny ways that appear subtle to us but on a grand tapestry paint quite the picture....or that's just me obfuscating.

You've always got a place here, even if the winds take you to another port. :)
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Fri 8th Feb 2019

FowlStar wrote:
Fri 1st Feb 2019
you know what guys? it's really strange but i feel kind of homeless in terms of having an internet community. this place used to be it, i checked it every day after school and stayed on until late at night.

then it was tumblr, and i got really popular over there with my poetry and it's just weird now because i don't speak to some of the people i used to hang out with over there bc we fell out. i don't want to post there anymore because i don't want them having access to me in any way.

i want to start over somehow but the thought of doing so makes me feel really tired. i have friends offline and everything, but i feel like i've always made deeper connections with my online friends. right now i kind of feel like i'm just wandering, passing through.

it's strange to be here again at this point. i think what i've learned is that home is a fluid concept, not a constant.
You couldn't have explained this in any better way, I feel the exact way.
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Fri 15th Mar 2019

Amber Root wrote:
Fri 8th Feb 2019
FowlStar wrote:
Fri 1st Feb 2019

You couldn't have explained this in any better way, I feel the exact way.
i love you ames.
i write because you exist.