Glad to see some old faces

New here? Tell us a little about yourself. Or are you going away for a while? Holidays?
The redeem3r
Dwarf Thief
Location: On a pale blue dot, traveling wherever the Universe takes me

Glad to see some old faces

Post by The redeem3r » Wed 8th Jul 2020

I don't know how many of you may remember me, but I remember a whole lot of you. It's been over a decade since I frequented this forum, and I often look back onto my time here with pleasant nostalgia - it is no exaggeration to say this place shaped the person I grew up to be. Here I found a comfortable refuge and great friends. I remember waking up on Saturday mornings in middle school just so I could talk to you guys.

For those of you who have been around since 08/09, or even if we only ever briefly cross paths here, how are you doing? How is life treating you?

and for those of you who are new, what got you onto AF?
we're lost at sea, but that only means that the entire world is our option

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Glad to see some old faces

Post by Cabaline » Wed 8th Jul 2020

Hey man! It is great to see you back! I most definitely remember you :D

How has life been in the past decade for you? :)

I have been very busy! Went to uni, went to therapy, graduated with 2 degrees, got my dream job, saving for a mortgage one day (hahaha like that's gonna happen) and looking at getting a private pension. :lol: Feels like I've come a very long way from being talking about dumb high school stuff in the vent here thread and being a founding member of the loveless fangirls :lol:

It feels weird having been on this site for over a decade, it's been with me through a lot and is probably one of the longest-standing relationships I have at this point :joy:
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

The redeem3r
Dwarf Thief
Location: On a pale blue dot, traveling wherever the Universe takes me

Post by The redeem3r » Thu 9th Jul 2020

Cabaline wrote:
Wed 8th Jul 2020
Hey man! It is great to see you back! I most definitely remember you :D

How has life been in the past decade for you? :)

I have been very busy! Went to uni, went to therapy, graduated with 2 degrees, got my dream job, saving for a mortgage one day (hahaha like that's gonna happen) and looking at getting a private pension. :lol: Feels like I've come a very long way from being talking about dumb high school stuff in the vent here thread and being a founding member of the loveless fangirls :lol:

It feels weird having been on this site for over a decade, it's been with me through a lot and is probably one of the longest-standing relationships I have at this point :joy:
I'm glad to see you're working hard and finding success. I hear real estate in the UK is real good - a lot of my extended family have invested been better off for it!

I've been less busy myself - I left school my final year for a job opportunity in upper management for a restaurant, and am planning on returning in the spring (corona, eh?) to finish my degree in Physics, and begin my graduate program in astronautics engineering. All in all I have been well!

I always checked the forums every year or so to see how they were doing, and I was so ecstatic when the movie was released because I knew people would be back :lol:

I'm now 25 years young, double the age I was when I joined haha. I spent some time yesterday reading a bunch of the old fanfics/stories I wrote and have found some motivation to begin writing again. I love that this forum is still around and all the posts are still archived!
we're lost at sea, but that only means that the entire world is our option

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Thu 9th Jul 2020

It's gonna take me like 10 years to be able to afford a deposit, so it's a very very long term goal, plus the bottom might fall out of the housing market what with everything going on :shock:

Wow, that is awesome, Physics is one of my degrees too :awesome: Well done, astronautics engineering sounds amazing, I'm sure you'll smash it :D

Awh yay that's brilliant! We had been hoping that people would be re-inspired to create again with the movie and the forum and everything ^_^ If you write something, feel free to post it in the writing section, I'm sure we'd all love to see it :)
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D