Hello all, I'm new

New here? Tell us a little about yourself. Or are you going away for a while? Holidays?
thecrazygirlycaptain
Goblin

Hello all, I'm new

Post by thecrazygirlycaptain » Tue 27th Aug 2013

Helloooooo :)

So, uh, Cabby sent me- before I forget to mention that. I'm Clem and I'm a 21 year old university graduate (psychology) who is just about to start training as a primary school teacher. I'm a shortie, I dye my hair ginger and I live in a house with seven cats and one tortoise. So yeah, I'm basically a little bit mental.

Oh, I'm British by the way. From London town. So if you ever want to talk British things please do come find me :)

Now, Artemis Fowl- when I was about ten I got given the first book for my birthday. I had no idea what it was and I left it in my book cupboard for a good long time before one day I randomly started to read it. I don't quite remember what happened after that but now, ten years later, here I am utterly adoring the series. Mainly because of Holly. She is my complete and utter role model. I probably don't need to explain myself to any of you people about why that is. She's just a perfect character, ugh.

Um, what else to say? I write. I roleplay avidly, so please never hesitate to ask. and my tumblr is: thecrazygirlycaptain (i only tell you that because i'm far more reliable in responding/being around on tumblr cos its my addiction).

Okay, that's another rambling methinks!

Clem x

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Hello all, I'm new

Post by Cabaline » Tue 27th Aug 2013

It's fantastic to see you here Clem :D
As you already know you can just call me Cab or Cabby. Coz I'm a mod I'm here to help and serve so any questions just PM me and I'll be on it like a car bonnet :)

I'm just about to start my first year of university and I'm studying Physics with Teaching. I have to do sections of Psychology as part of my teaching half of the degree, so we really do have a lot in common. Except I want to go into Secondary school teaching rather than primary.

I'm also British, born in England but moved to Scotland when I was nine. It's nice to meet someone in my timezone :lol: Oh gosh that means it's almost 4am for you too! :shock:

There are lots of other writers and RP'ers here so you'll fit right in ^_^

That's also what happened to me. My gran bought me my first copy and I left it ages unread until I found Arctic Incident in a book shop, bought it and decided to read them both :lol:

Well, once again it's great to meet you and I look forward to seeing you around the forum :D

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Tue 27th Aug 2013

Hello and :welcome: !
Okay, I'm Sky (well, that's my internet name. You can probably tell how I got it...), I'm 14 (still at school, bah!), and also a Londoner! :D
WAIT. You have a tortoise. That is :awesome: . And so are cats. I like cats. Um. Not very good at greetings. Is that Misha Collins and his son in your avvie? Okay, silly question... I'm guessing you're in the SPN fandom, so:
Please accept this sandwich as a gesture of solidarity!
EDIT:// The old sandwiches were too big. They didn't fit. So here's a better one.
*Dances* I quoted a thing! :D
Yeah. I'm running out of things to say, so anyway hello, and now goodbye :)
I generally make a bit more sense in the rest of the forum...
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

thecrazygirlycaptain
Goblin

Omg you people are so beautiful, I don't even know how to start ERPYDERPY.

Okay Cab:
-YEY fellow prospective teacher. Omg physics teacher you incredible soul, i have so much respect for you <3
-Oh gods Scotland is so beautiful, I went there on holiday at Easter and I literally loved it so much. I can't remember where we stayed...but we were like half an hour from John O' Groates so pretty north!
-And yes it was almost 4am...oops! I haven't stayed up that late for a long time, shows how good this forum is!

And Sky:
-14 years old, so jealous! I wish I was that young again, life is so much easier then. YEY LONDON THOUGH. I shall look out for you ;D
-Yes, I do have a tortoise! He's called Sydney. Here's my lovely:
That's his dinosaur buddy, who shares his tank. He's a grumpy old man but man I love him.
-YES THAT IS MISHA AND WESTY <3 i was going to do a vaguely AF-related icon but couldn't be bothered to make one at 2am so for the moment its those two :) and yes i am very much in the supernatural fandom asdfghjkl so much love.
-Don't worry about making sense. I legit never do /sigh

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Tue 27th Aug 2013

Asdflhgkjh that tortoise is adorable :) And don't worry about icons, FG is too madly multifandom to mind what you use :) Unless it's disturbing. Disturbing icons are not so good... But you can guess that.
Wait, 2am? How the Dalek do you not fall asleep all over the place?
SPN's my secondhand fandom, really :) I've watched several episodes from S1 (up to the one with the Daevas (sp?)) and then got really sidetracked with Doctor Who. So yeah. But I follow a lot of people who post SPN on Tumblr. Sara is most definitely in that fandom though...
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

thecrazygirlycaptain
Goblin

Ahaha I'm on holiday still so can just sleep in madly...although this morning I woke up at 9am so not great haha.

Ah nice, supernatural is so beauts :D I only recently fully caught up on it, and so glad I did it haha. But Doctor Who is also beautiful, that was like my first ever fandom (well aside from Artemis Fowl haha) I think I follow Sara on tumblr already, and am quite good tumblr friends with her!! If its the right Sara... x33

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Tue 27th Aug 2013

Hey there! I'm Bang Your Drum, or Byddie if ya like. I'm an admin. PM me for help or with any questions/concerns/ancient riddles that may require my attention. Or just to say "hi."
I am 19 (I will be 20 next month) I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia in the United States (in Vermont until Friday)
I've never seen Supernatural but I LOVE "the Supernaturalist" Eoin signed a copy for me when I met him.
I'm really into Welcome to Nightvale right now. I love Parks and Rec (my icon is of a recurring character) Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, 30 Rock, Buffy, Doctor Who (I prefer ones not from Moffat's era, or this century for that matter), and Malcolm in the Middle.
I like fashion, dolls, and many, many, artsy things.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 27th Aug 2013

Hey hi hello welcome, you can call me AA or Battery if you like (or just Kayley, that's fine too) I'm also an admin so the question-asking bit goes for me too :) I'm on tumblr a ton more than I am around here these days so it's cool that you're there too :)

I also like Supernatural but I'm mostly into Tolkien and A Song of Ice and Fire (although I do really like Doctor Who as well) and I go on a lot about the things I like in the media threads so I don't think I need to go on about it here xP

Welcome to FG!!
online more often than you probably assume
tumblr & ao3

thecrazygirlycaptain
Goblin

Post by thecrazygirlycaptain » Wed 28th Aug 2013

ASDFGHJKL a song of ice and fire is amazingggg <3 only read two books but seen all the tv show and legit love it so much.

I shall look out for you on tumblr, Kayley! And thanks for the warm greeting, Byddie :D

Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Post by Duck With No Name » Fri 30th Aug 2013

Hiya! I'm Duck With No Name but most people call me Duck, Ducky, Duckie or DWNN. I'm half Japanese and half Welsh but I've lived in London for the whole of my life and I'm about to start maths at uni in London too. :D

I play the piano and also enjoy doodling and making jewellery in my spare time and my other fandoms include PJO, the Mortal Instruments, Alex Rider (to name a few) and I love everything to do with fairies (which is why I read the AF series :P). I also collect rubber ducks and 4-leafed clovers. ^_^

I look forwards to seeing you around- Welcome to FG! :D

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Wed 11th Sep 2013

thecrazygirlycaptain wrote:Omg you people are so beautiful, I don't even know how to start ERPYDERPY.

Okay Cab:
-YEY fellow prospective teacher. Omg physics teacher you incredible soul, i have so much respect for you <3
-Oh gods Scotland is so beautiful, I went there on holiday at Easter and I literally loved it so much. I can't remember where we stayed...but we were like half an hour from John O' Groates so pretty north!
-And yes it was almost 4am...oops! I haven't stayed up that late for a long time, shows how good this forum is!
Sorry I'm replying so late, I didn't have internet on my trip to Greece.
Ha ha ha, it's not an easy degree but I'm really looking forward to starting placements and stuff. I'm also pretty terrified too to be honest :lol:
Well, I love living in Glasgow but I hate the islands where I lived for 10 years. They are pretty but the people are horrible and after a while the pretty-ness wears off and you just want to escape :lol:

Solinium Pulse
Troll

Post by Solinium Pulse » Mon 30th Sep 2013

Well hello there!

I'm also sorry for the late response, but my name is Solinium Pulse, but most people call me Sol. [Kitty calls me 'Salty' for some reason. I know, weird, right?]

Anyway, I'm 15, and I live in America.

I like kittens and other adorably fluffy cute things, like this:

I mean, what the heck is that thing?!?!?! OMG, I luv luv luv kittehs, like, with a passion.

And tortoises. ^^ Anyway, welcome to the FG!
Sol²√\√\√\√\_______