Talk to Eoin Colfer

Updates, new rules and anything else you need to know about the forum.
ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Talk to Eoin Colfer

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Thu 12th Jul 2012

Okay, as some of you may have heard, I am going to meet Eoin Colfer on the 20th of July. Someone on the Facebook page came up with this, and i thought it was a great idea! Thank You... I don't know if you want me to say your name on here. Thank her!

So, how about when I meet Eoin Colfer, I give him your guy's comments? If you want to do that, just reply to this thread with anything you would say to Eoin Colfer. I will print them all off and give him a copy.

Rules:
1.Only do one post, If you must, Edit your post I do not want it having like 5 different comments from 1 person.
2. Only post your comments that I will give to Eoin on here. If you have any questions or comments please just PM me.
3. if you want Eoin to know your name or where your from, just say: Baylee Z, Wisconsin. Just stick with state, providence, or country. Not because Eoin's a creeper, but because Creepers may infiltrate this site!! Ahh!!
4. Any vulgarity or rudeness will be deleted from the comments by me. Please make it nice posts so Eoin can see this is a nice site.

So just reply to this with your comments and I shall print them off on the 20th and give them to him personally! I shall also give him a URL to this site! :lol:
Maybe he would come visit here :D

Change of plans! Please make all posts on this thread by the 10AM of the 19th Central Time! I'm not going to be near internet on the night of the 19th or on the 20th at all so I won't be able to print these off! Do not wait until last minute to post here!
Last edited by ashyartemispotozuko on Tue 17th Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.
THANK YOU SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out my AF video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLWGWizo4w

And also check out my AF Fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8468806/1/The-Sacrifice

Captain_Short
Troll

Re: Talk to Eoin Colfer

Post by Captain_Short » Thu 12th Jul 2012

OHMIGOSH YOU'RE MEETING HIM?
Congratulations. :awesome:
I think I'll just write something short.

Tell Eoin that of course the Artemis Fowl series is so incredibly well-written that it made me cry once or twice, and that I thank him for writing them. My favorite character has to be tied with Holly and Artemis. And tell him that I can't believe the series is over! When I grow up this will probably be the book series I remember reading and adoring.

Amelia R

Thankees from Holls! :D Have funnnn!
Last edited by Captain_Short on Thu 12th Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Thu 12th Jul 2012

First: YOU'RE MEETING HIM??!!!?? YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! :awesome: :awesome:

Secondly: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALLOWING ME TO SEND HIM MY COMMENTS FAN MAIL ABOUT HOW GREAT HIS SERIES IS!!!

Third: Here is my COMMENTS FAN MAIL ABOUT HOW GREAT HIS SERIES IS!!! (Yes i did copy and paste, so what?)

To Eion Colfer,
I just wanted to thank you for writing the Artemis Fowl series, I can really relate to Artemis, and Trouble is awesome! The thing I like most is the tactics and military strategy, it's awesome to learn how to become a commando while reading your favorite series. I liked how the series ended in the eigth book, although my favorite book was the third.

Thanks,
Adam (A HUGE FAN)
Last edited by Ash Kelp on Sun 15th Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Thu 12th Jul 2012

Wow! Thank you very much for allowing us to get a message to him. And congrats on getting to meet him and everything :D
My comment to him would be:

Growing up with Artemis was a brilliant experience. The entire series has made me laugh and cry, and I could not imagine a more perfect ending to the series than the one you wrote. I will re-read these books for years to come. Thank you very much for giving us story lines and characters that will stay with us forever.
Rachael C, UK.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 12th Jul 2012

Tell him I (and probably various other FGers) admire the way he ended the series. It could go any way, but... It worked. And hopefully everyone will be happy.
It is wonderful that someone has written a series containing a genius who is realistic. Artemis is someone I can relate to, especially as his lack of physical talent balances out his mental precociousness (sp?). I am looking forwards to the new series, but Artemis is someonething I will read... and reread... and reread... and so on. It's amazing and inspiring. (I'm guessing you agree with phrenology?)

From Sky (too Foaly-like to post my real name :tinfoilhat: )

I can't believe you're meeting him...
Last edited by Skyswallow on Wed 18th Jul 2012, edited 2 times in total.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 12th Jul 2012

Thanks for doing this <3 <3

Mr Colfer,
Your books were there for me when no one else was, as were the amazing people I met because of them, they pretty much saved my life... We came from all over Malaysia, the US, Australia, Croatia, and many more places and we all shared a love of all things Artemis, and we never would have met each other without him!
-Byddie (aka Lena)
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Fri 13th Jul 2012

Oh, I wish I was going to meet him <3

Dear Mr. Eoin Colfer,
I have not been reading your books for much more than a year and a half, but yet they mean so much to me. Artemis was there for me, when everyone else seemed to ignore me, and I am more than grateful for that. Because of you and your brilliant series I've met people from all over the world and now they're my friends.
You have inspired me so much with your humorous yet serious series. I cannot say anything but thank you. You have given me so much - the will to learn, write, gain friends, etc. I wish I was there to talk to you in person.
Many kind regards,
Josephine A. H., Denmark
You and me, let's marry in the space station

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Tue 17th Jul 2012

This is amazing, thank you! :3

Dear Mr. Colfer,

As a writer, I admire how you used such an overly used fantasy character (fairies) and turned it into this incredible, unique world. Thank you for writing this, you're amazing. You're an inspiration to many, along with the brilliant Artemis and all your other characters. I just wish I could meet you in person. There's so much to say.

~Jeanine
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Wed 18th Jul 2012

Dear mr Colfer.
I must say I am very happy that thanks to my friend, this post will come in your hands.
Unfortunately, I have read only first three Artemis Fowl's books, because others still haven't been translated in Croatian, and I am not too good in English. From what I've heard from others that are visiting this forum, other five books are also brilliant, and I really hope that one day, they will all be procurable translated in Croatian. I must say that those three books I've read are well written and really interesting, and that I am glad that I was able to follow Arty trough his adventures at least trough these three books.
It was a pleasure to meet you, even if that only means that you have read this short message.
Thank you for writing such great book as Artemis Fowl.

Mia M, Croatia, Zagreb
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Wed 18th Jul 2012

Thanks so much for doing this, this is really awesome of you :)

Mr. Colfer-
Thank you for saving my life. The Artemis Fowl series gave me a world to escape into when my own world was not at its best. Your books introduced me to a wonderful online community that was there for me when I was at my lowest point, and is still there no matter what happens. I can't begin to explain how thankful I am for that. Thank you for eleven amazing years of Artemis, and even though the series has come to an end, it will never really be over for me. Your books helped me grow so much, and I will never forget that.
- Kayley B., California
online more often than you probably assume
tumblr & ao3

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 18th Jul 2012

Dear Mr. Colfer,
Thank you so much for writing these wonderful books. I'm almost 14 and have been reading them and thoroughly enjoying them since I was 9. I don't even know what to say anymore now that you're actually going to see this! But I just wanted to say thank you, so so so much, for writing these books. Not only were they something to read and imagine myself into on my bad days, a way to escape or something, but they also brought me to an amazing online community where I ended up meeting the best friends I've ever had. So thank you. For everything. You are amazing. And awesome. (And so is Artemis!)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Wed 18th Jul 2012

You're soo lucky!

Mr Colfer, I would just like to tell you how awesome your books are. The humour is amazing, and I've seen a few of your shows on youtube and found them very funny. I was planning to go to your show at the Dun Laoghaire book festival, but couldn't in the end, unfortunatly. I think the Artemis Fowls are your best books, and can't wait to read TLG. AF is definately my favourite series, they are amazing and I enjoy reading them. I hope you will start another totally awesome series as 3 of my favourite series are ending and I need to find some more, as much as I love re-reading, I often find it becomes boring after awhile. That's when I leave it for a few months and then come back to it. Anyway, thanks for writing awesome books :D
Siobhan :D
One word: Merlin

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Wed 18th Jul 2012

Thanks for doing this mate. <3
Dear Mr. Colfer -
- I love your books so much. They are amazing, and have actually encouraged into a style of writing alike your's. I personally love the Supernaturlist, along with Artemis Fowl series. I am now reading The Last Guardian and it is wonderful. I haven't finished it, but the way you have described things in this book so far, is fabulous. :D
I am (of course) upset that the books have came to an end, but maybe you could release another series, and even make the movie & release all of them in graphic novels!
Also, by the way you can tell how many fans you have got around the world. We even have a website dedicated to YOUR books. -
Brian, SE of England.

ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Thu 19th Jul 2012

I am so sorry to have to be closing this thread, but i am no longer on the internet after today til the 21st and the "Meet and Greet" thing is on the 20th. I am printing this today and i am SO SORRY to all those who did not see this and post. hopefully some day you'll all have the chance of your own to meet him :) i really hope so.
THANK YOU SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out my AF video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLWGWizo4w

And also check out my AF Fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8468806/1/The-Sacrifice