New RP Shoutbox

Updates, new rules and anything else you need to know about the forum.
MichaelM
FG 5ever

New RP Shoutbox

Post by MichaelM » Tue 15th Feb 2011

Artificial Asian suggested that we add a second shoutbox to the forum, purely for RPing. That way if you want to RP quickly, you can, while everyone else can still use the main shoutbox for chatting normally. :)

So if you want to go try it out, head over to the Roleplay board.

Alanna
Lady Random

Re: New RP Shoutbox

Post by Alanna » Wed 16th Feb 2011

MiM dear, the logs are overlapping. I've said things that should be on the second and they show up on both, then it vanishes from RP and only appears on main >.> Mind having a look for the spanner in the works?
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Wed 16th Feb 2011

Did you have both shoutboxes open in tabs at the same time? Have a feeling that could be to do with it (The AJAX updates get mixed up. Same reason if you ever have just the forum homepage open in two different tabs, it messes up there too :( )

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Thu 17th Feb 2011

Yeah, at times. *sighs* I do hope it won't keep happening or I can't keep an eye on the user's properly.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Thu 17th Feb 2011

Sorry, but it probably will keep happening. It's a bug in the script :(

You could get around it though by loading up 2 different browsers. Then you can have the RP open in the other browser, if you really want to keep a watch on both like that :)

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Sat 19th Mar 2011

Michael, the bug is worse than I thought. It occurs whenever anyone views both at once, switching the logs for everyone. And its anoying because my flood of advice switched shoutboxes and I didn't know until I refreshed.

slepyoneshot
Dwarf Miner

Post by slepyoneshot » Sun 9th Feb 2014

Now the new RP shoutbox (the update) has everything from the main shoutbox after the 2 hour period it's on the main
do you not like me? doesnt matter, i face a lot more than you in real life

do you not like the fact that i am a big gamer? doesnt matter, i face a lot more than you in real life

do you not like butter? doesnt matter you dont know how awesome it is

do you not like anything about me? you only think im a kid who likes to annoy everyone i see, i have ADHD, dont blame me for my gift from god, ADHD lets me be happy in real life even though im hated there

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sun 9th Feb 2014

That does seem to happen sometimes - I think you have to be careful with which tabs you have open??? (like not having the main page and the rpsb page open at the same time.)
Or it might just be a bug.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.