The Fangathering Website Team

Updates, new rules and anything else you need to know about the forum.
Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Re: The Fangathering Website Team

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Mon 26th Sep 2011

Hi. I'd like to join the site team if that would be alright. I definitely have over 35 posts.
I have very good spelling and grammar, although I do have a few typos occasionally.
I'm very active, and I'm on every single day. I'm not exactly sure what HTML means, but it sounds familiar. If you have any questions, just PM me. Thank you!
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Wed 16th Nov 2011

Hi.

Well, the thing is, WE is doing a bit of a hiatus.... so....

Okay, going to cut right to the chase here.

Can I be a temporary editor?

I stress, TEMPORARY. Just till WE gets back. Because I am genuinely interested in editor work and AF. Plus, I'm on nearly every day.

Okay.... 35 posts, check.
Grammar and spelling, well, I try to. I would never try and misspell anything in a way that nobody would understand me. So, a few typos here and there, but overall, still pretty okay.
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Wed 16th Nov 2011

^ We're cool on that. This is for the FG Website team, the people who's names are purple. Purples help with the Haven Harold, writing stuff for the site, competitions and such. I'm enough to hold down the fort until WE gets back... I was going solo until she made a reappearance anyway.

I didn't even know she was on hiatus...?

Anyway, it's AA's call... but I don't believe we have temporary editors anyway. ^_^
i write because you exist.

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Wed 16th Nov 2011

FowlStar wrote:I'm enough to hold down the fort until WE gets back ^_^
Wait, WE's part of the site team? We's name isn't purple though. And has posted on posted in the FanFic area, so is WE part of the site team or not?

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Wed 16th Nov 2011

^ WE is not part of the site team. She's an editor on FF, but that doesn't mean she's on the team on the forum. ^_^

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 17th Nov 2011

Right, what FowlStar said :) The Site Team and the Fanfiction team are completely different things. The current fanfiction team has been FowlStar and wrr0rzxpurrt, with myself dropping in occasionally to help out with a few things. FowlStar is both Site Team and an editor, but neither is necessary to be the other :) And I trust Fowlie to keep things in order - she was made an editor in the first place because WE and I were both logging on less and less to the fanfiction area, so she'll be fine :) (And if she needs any backup, I could always temporarily come out of retirement if she'd like ;) )
online more often than you probably assume
tumblr & ao3

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Thu 17th Nov 2011

^ Nope. :D We're cool. I'll tell you if there's any problems. :D

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Sat 18th Feb 2012

Hi, I not ready in many ways for the Site Team but I came mostly so because I would like to help in any way.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 20th Feb 2012

• *1 - You have over 35 posts - We like to know that people are genuinely interested in FG, and this is a good indicator.

*2 - You use good spelling and grammar. Sorry, but content on the main site must be of good quality, so poor grammar, or netspeak, simply won't be used.

*NB - No knowledge of HTML, web design etc. is needed to be on the team.
●-----------●

Hi you guys know me, It's me Amy and I would like to part of the site team please. I have over 35 posts. I come on FG every single day. :3 For spelling and grammer, I believe that I'm on okay average. Well I am on our middle schools magazine/newspaper. Plus being the only 6th grader there because my writing teacher came over to me and asked me to be an editor for it. So... I believe you get the picture. Even though it's not needed to be on the Site Team, I do know how to make a .png logo, and other designs thanks to FowlStar. :3
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot

M. Fowl
Dwarf Miner

Post by M. Fowl » Sun 26th Feb 2012

1 - You have over 35 posts - We like to know that people are genuinely interested in FG, and this is a good indicator.

2 - You use good spelling and grammar. Sorry, but content on the main site must be of good quality, so poor grammar, or netspeak, simply won't be used.

NB - No knowledge of HTML, web design etc. is needed to be on the team.

I would have more posts if I didn't send my account to another person mistakenly*shuns self* I have highly great spelling and grammar. Even better than most of the people in my school!
..I have some knowledge of HTML and stuff..
Tumblr: https://princesszackarie.tumblr.com
Facebook: domvoia.fowl25

If I see you guys again, I hope for it to be in person.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 7th May 2012

Purples help with the Haven Harold, writing stuff for the site, competitions and such.
What is the Haven harold, a blog? If so, I would be intrested in helping out with that. I have reasonably good grammar, and spelling. I also have more than 35 posts.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

BoboParadizo
Centaur Genius

Post by BoboParadizo » Tue 8th May 2012

^^^I think it's more of a newspaper type thing.

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sun 8th Jul 2012

I would love to join the Site Team. I come on at least once every two days, and that is at my busiest time. I have over 35 posts and pretty good grammar and spelling.
I'm in a specially selected group at school called the Literacy Leaders and we write newspapers and keep the school's English department going, as well as going into local primary schools and teaching English there, so I have quite a bit of experience. Also, if I am ever unsure about spelling or grammar I have a dictionary not two metres away from my laptop, which I will not hesitate in using.
We did a tiny bit of basic HTML last year in IT, but I've forgotten bits of it. I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up again, quickly; it'll be just like revising.
I can do basic graphics, but at the moment I'm focussing on improving.
I strongly agree that the Main Site needs updating, especially around now with The Last Guardian coming out in a few days. Also the way not many people have even heard of the Haven Herald shows that it needs updating urgently.
If I became a Site Team member I would be dedicated and would try to update things frequently, no matter how busy or tired I was and wouldn't give up halfway through. I would like to try to give a positive effect to the Site.
Finally, I have been on Fg for the best 10 months of my life so far, and I would like to give something back to it and to the amazing people who go on it, who make Fg my favourite site on the Web.
Thank you for your time reading this.
Affy.
One word: Merlin

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

If there is any room on the Site Team or for mods, I would love to join. I'm online a few hours almost every day and I often keep a tab open just for the forums. I have just over 100 posts on these forums and my grammar and spelling is always great. It's not much, I know, but I have around 1700 posts on AFC. I've been registered here for 4 years now.

I have quite a bit knowledge of HTML and CSS. I got a 4/5 for the AP Computer Science exam so I am quite fluent in Java.

As for writing and editing, I am quite good. I earned an award for my grades and abilities in a grade 11 English class and I write quite a bit of fanfiction.

I could certainly be a mod. After a few run ins with the mods for my name in the chat box, I've read up on some of the rules. I am friendly with everyone I've met so far and I intend to keep it that way. Everywhere I go, I want to make sure everybody is happy or at least cooperative.

I really do hope you guys give me some consideration. There are lots of great people on FG and I want to get more involved with the site and improve on it where I can.
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!

firebat12
Troll

Post by firebat12 » Sat 28th Jul 2012

I woud love to b a mod or site team. Im well known and well liked around here. I try to get on alot but i got school.
team artemis is totally wicked: because like artremis i'm a boy genius

I porkchop minecraft

If sanity were curency i wouldn't just be broke, i'd have more debt then america

"War. War never changes.”
— Narrator (Fallout 3)

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. -William Shakespeare

Im a brony

Click the eggs or sick the ponies on u
ImageImageImageImageImage