The Fangathering Website Team

Updates, new rules and anything else you need to know about the forum.
Alanna
Lady Random

Re: The Fangathering Website Team

Post by Alanna » Tue 29th Dec 2009

Using my timezone as reference, it was during daylight hours when Liv and Ju both line up. Plain English, it was probably nighttime there (where you are Meo). Opal, P5, Liv, Ju, and Gothic were online for it. The main page post for the new upcoming book. Well, at least that's what they told me.

The last Haven Herald was last year, and most of the site team are inactive or quit. HS9 is the only one other than dishwasher with the colour. dish rarely gets on these days. Meo, its rather easy to check when a person last logged in. In short, we will need more people sooner than later to keep up with AFC. They have the advantage, like it or not. No, this is not for my advantage at all. But the main site needs work.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Tue 29th Dec 2009

It might be easy but it's time-consuming. And guess what I don't have a lot of these days.
'Sides, we have three new mods. /b/ can help too, I'm pretty sure he'd come online if Livia, me and/or Jen asked him to.
Am discussing with Jen atm about this, though. So we do listen and are talking about it now.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Julissa Holly Fowl
LEP Commander

Post by Julissa Holly Fowl » Tue 29th Dec 2009

Meova wrote:
And I can't even remember the last time we changed something on the main page. When was that?
Go look at 'About', on the main site. Notice anything different? :D *cough*I updated it*cough*
I guess it's time to put the current team to work, then.
AWARENESS+ACTION=IMPACT.

Réaltaí Rince na hÉireann
Irish Dance, always and forever!

http://realtairinceeireann.blogspot.com/

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Wed 30th Dec 2009

Alanna-Lena Zelen wrote:Opal, P5, Liv, Ju, and Gothic were online for it.
Keep in mind that what is daytime for Livia is almost exclusively nighttime for me. She's a full 16 hours ahead of me. Usually when I'm online, it's late at night.

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Wed 30th Dec 2009

*nodds* I know that. That post of yours is in daylight hours for you, but early morning for me and Liv. (Nice Avatar signature, still looks flat in 2D though)

Anyway, remember the old statement, "Manny hands make light work"? Yes, you guys have the experience with all the technical stuff, but you need the creativity of the youths the site was designed for. The more people, more timezones means a long project can be done over several hours.

Eh, mind you Meo Dusan still has school. And a tendency to have a massive SA everytime I do see him on. It wouldn't be fair to force him back againgst his will.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Wed 30th Dec 2009

Darling, I have school too. He's not the only one who can be busy. If he has time, he might help.

And like stated before, I discussed it with Jen. The changes we agreed on will take place sometime soon. So keep an eye out, y'all ;)
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Sun 22nd Aug 2010

Hello...I would like to join. I have noticed the amount of old content on site. I could fix that. I have very good grammar, spelling and I can write in an articulate fashion when the occasion calls for such. I write my dad's newsletter for his politics/discussion website and I have a teensy tiny knowledge of html. I can also do a little image tinkering and I don't really have a problem with being active. I'm on all the time. :)
i write because you exist.

hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Post by hiholly123 » Sat 25th Sep 2010

I'd really love to help out on the site. I've been here...probably two years or more, and I know quite a bit about it. Not to say that FowlStar wouldn't make a good choice, seeing as she's not been here as long :wink:. She'd be pretty awesome too. :awesome:

I could fix up some old news, because this site is pretty outdated right now. We need to update links and announcements, as well as other things on the main site. I have good grammar and spelling, and on the weekends I have a lot of free time to work on things here. :D :D Please consider my offer. :D
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

CaptainMiraKelp
LEPrecon Officer

Post by CaptainMiraKelp » Mon 25th Oct 2010

Re-write!!!
Okay, what should I say? Well, I'm Mira Alyssa Kelp, a devoted member of the site, who has more time then she should have, and spends it here. I'm good with computers, and grammar. I'm really dedicated, and have a lot of information about the Artemis Fowl series. I have the numbers (and links) of all the forums. I really want to help with the site revitalization, so PM me if you're thinking of my application, thanks!

~Mira
To solve a mystery, you sometimes need to take risks.

Jayjay
Troll

Post by Jayjay » Sun 27th Mar 2011

Hello! I would love to join the Site Team, I have perfect spelling and grammar, and I go on this site everyday and post at least once every time I come on. I think that makes me a devoted member of the website, and in the rules, it states you need more that 35 posts, as do I, which is more proof that I devote myself here.

That is pretty much everything I have to say.

I rest my case.
I am in Team Artemis!! Don't deny it!

Now, I would like to say, that I always click other people's dragon eggs, and I think it would be very kind of you to click mine.
ImageImageImageImage

Opal's_Clone
LEP Recruit
Location: Killing Mark Hamill for ruining Star Wars with his terrible acting.

Post by Opal's_Clone » Tue 19th Apr 2011

Can I join? I have really good spelling and grammar(Thanks, Mom!)! And I'm PRETTY sure I have more than 35 posts... AND! I'm awesome. Does that count towards joining?

Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls :wub:

Disliking Pikachu is either a felony, or it should be.

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Sun 31st Jul 2011

Er, I'd like to offer my services to FG, seeing as I've been blue for two years XD. I'm pretty sure I have over 35 posts, and I'm sort of a grammar Nazi, like hiholly123. Oh, and I'm obsessed with my spelling, I google something if I'm not sure if I spelled it right xD. I know NOTHING about HTML, just as a heads up.
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Thu 11th Aug 2011

Can I join? I have more than 35 post, I spend all the time I can here, i have pretty good spelling and grammar (when I have to) and if i'm not sure about a word's spelling I search it up on Google or spell check or something...and what's HTML?

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Wed 7th Sep 2011

I would like to join the Site Team :) I've had a basic introduction to HTML, so that would help. I use proper spelling and grammas, as it happens to be a pet peeve when these language tools aren't used. (Grrr... Is capatilzation and punctuation, as well as spelling too much to ask?) I know my post count is over 35, and I do my best to get on daily, even if I spend a lot of time in the shoutboxes and Roleplay section.

And looking at the past comments, I have to agree. The main site is updated infrequently, and the Haven Herald could use an update. I'd love to help.

Thanks for your time and considering me.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

TungstenMessah
Troll

Post by TungstenMessah » Fri 23rd Sep 2011

Heeelllooo.

Site team? Sounds great. Does it have ketchup?

Yeah, so.

35 posts? Check.
Active? Check.
Spelling and such? Check.
HTML? No no. Noooooooooo.
Drawing. Yeppers.
Music. Count me in!

So yeah, if the Site Team needs a little oomph, I can help! When I'm not eating.

EDIT:// NO NYAN CATS! EVER!!! NOOOooooooooo!!!! My eyes! My mouth! (Don't ask!)
ok.