Forum Rules

Updates, new rules and anything else you need to know about the forum.
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Forum Rules

Post by MichaelM » Sun 26th Feb 2006

I am going to set down a list of basic rules here but really <b>the best thing you can do here is just use common sense.</b> It isnt hard - it will keep you alot more popular, and you will end up having alot more fun. Not to be mention, it will stop you from being banned.

Rules:

1 - No spam - spam is "stupid, pointless, annoying messages" - and we don't want them. Posting messages that are not related to the thread topic count as spam, as do single word posts. Always try to back up what you are saying. It makes your post more interesting to read, and helps conversation.

2 - Do not flame - Flaming is messages that are directed at another member, with the intent of insulting or offending them.

3 - Do not post links to, or name/discuss ways in which to, download illegal material.

Any site for downloading copyrighted music for free. will be considered illegal. Also, links to programs which allow downloading, (peer to peer networks etc.) are a breach of the rules as well.

ROMs are also illegal, and therefore forbidden as well. The excuse "they're legal if you own the games," does not work here. The reason is obvious; most people who claim to own the games, are lying about it.

If you see anyone violating rules - please use the "Report this post" button.

4 - Signatures

No inappropriate, offensive or ridiculously large file size images.

You are allowed one large image in your signature, to a maximum size of 500x250 pixels. Text must be in the default font size, and to an appropriate length (Shortened if you have an image as well).

If you have any questions, read the FAQ, or PM one of the moderators.

And for the cheesy ending:

Most of all - HAVE FUN! :D

michelle_f33
Centaur Genius
Location: Somewhere in the middle of no where and anywhere-well actually Australia

Post by michelle_f33 » Wed 1st Mar 2006

I amusing were allowed to SPAM in the SPAM section right??

(I dont know why I put spam in caps just felt like it)

F.A.B
Centaur Genius

Post by F.A.B » Wed 1st Mar 2006

Love the cheesy ending. And yeah i hope spam can be put in the spam section. :o
I am a Moon Child

Integrity ~ Lve ~ Unity

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Wed 1st Mar 2006

Good point - Ill edit the rules thingy now to point that out :)

Spam is definitely allowed in the spam section.

So that yas know, the rules are just there as my backup. If someone breaks them, theyll have had fair warning :)

They arent up cos someone has been spamming or whatever. And there are no new rules. These are the same rules we've been using since the forum started, but ive decided to write them down now :)

oangelic_englishiano
Centaur Genius

Post by oangelic_englishiano » Fri 1st Sep 2006

Ooops. I think I already broke the spam rule once, sorry, I won't do it again *runs to go delete posts*

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Fri 1st Sep 2006

oangelic_englishiano wrote: Ooops. I think I already broke the spam rule once, sorry, I won't do it again *runs to go delete posts*

Dont worry about it. So long as it was just an accident, we wont even mind. We arent harsh with the rules here ^_^

Hollytwin
Troll

Post by Hollytwin » Fri 1st Sep 2006

Ooo. Crap. I broke a rule. I wasn't having fun! :lol: J/K.
"It's MARIA! I mean let us go. Maybe we'll have better luck at our next site" <br>Artemis Fowl, The Lost Colony

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Sat 2nd Sep 2006

lol :P

oangelic_englishiano
Centaur Genius

Post by oangelic_englishiano » Sat 2nd Sep 2006

MichaelM wrote:
oangelic_englishiano wrote: Ooops. I think I already broke the spam rule once, sorry, I won't do it again *runs to go delete posts*

Dont worry about it. So long as it was just an accident, we wont even mind. We arent harsh with the rules here ^_^

That's a relief. lol

Hollytwin
Troll

Post by Hollytwin » Sat 2nd Sep 2006

New rule: If Lainie posts too much, Shoot her! :angry: Heh heh. Just kidding, Mike.
"It's MARIA! I mean let us go. Maybe we'll have better luck at our next site" <br>Artemis Fowl, The Lost Colony

oangelic_englishiano
Centaur Genius

Post by oangelic_englishiano » Sat 2nd Sep 2006

WHAT!!!!!!!! I didn't break any rules besides the spam rule and that was only a couple of times, and it was completly by accident. If anything, you should shoot Jax :grr: lol. j/k But seriously, as long as it's on topic, posting too much isn't against the rules is it?

Hollytwin
Troll

Eeps! Heeeelpppp meeeee!!! Lainie stop this nonsense! Or I'll add more fluff to rp!

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Sat 2nd Sep 2006

oangelic_englishiano wrote: WHAT!!!!!!!! I didn't break any rules besides the spam rule and that was only a couple of times, and it was completly by accident. If anything, you should shoot Jax :grr: lol. j/k But seriously, as long as it's on topic, posting too much isn't against the rules is it?

Of course not! The more posts you make, the better! :D

Sorry I havent been able to post too much lately. Ive been busy :(

Hollytwin
Troll

That's okay Mike. After all a lot of people are going back to school after Labor Day.
But we do prefer when you are here. Lol.

Lufgif
Centaur Genius

Post by Lufgif » Sat 2nd Sep 2006

I'm so jealous of those people. I went back to school August 14th.