Will there be an end to Artemis Fowl?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

Will there be an end to Artemis Fowl?

Postby Alanna » Thu 29th Jul 2010

http://artemisfowl.fangathering.com/new ... /#comments

According to Colfer himself, there will be. In the centre of the hype caused by the seventh book Colfer has anounced that book 8 is to be the last in the series.

[This topic is for discussing possible reasons why, or if it may just be a phase that Colfer is going through. Speculation about the 8th book are not to be posted in this topic. Keep moping to a minimum]
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.
Alanna
Lady Random

Re: Will there be an end to Artemis Fowl?

Postby wingedwolf » Thu 29th Jul 2010

Well we expected it didn't we? I mean he couldn't just keep writing the book (or could he?) When he said it will end with a little Epilogue. End of story. It seemed rather I dunno harsh (but this is just me talking) I'm hoping this is just a phase but I read in his site that he will always leave some kind of opening? (I forgot his exact words -.-) If in the fiuture he wanted to continue the series.
TEAM ARTEMIS
PROUD MEMBER OF THE LOVELESS FANGIRLS
"In the mist of wartime, truth is so precious that it must be hidden behind a bodyguard of lies ~Winston Churchill
wingedwolf
LEP Recruit

Location: Traveling the world with my wolf and trying to uncover secrets that have been hidden for centuries

Postby p5ychic » Sat 7th Aug 2010

I hope 8 is the last one. You can only get so much good out of a series.

Two things, though:

1. Colfer has way too much fun writing these characters. He's going to keep writing books as long as they're profitable, probably.

2. Colfer also said that after TTP, he wouldn't start another AF book for at least three years. Two years later, the next book came out. Which means he started writing a year after TTP came out. He isn't always telling the truth. Remember how the Release Date of the movie has been EVERY YEAR since the first book came out? That movie will come out in time for me to take my kids to see it in theaters, I'm sure.
p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby return of 1 min go » Sat 2nd Oct 2010

maby hes colfer has come up with a idea he cant get ride off an the only way arty will get out of it will be he dies......i hope not
Image Image & thx mira :Dthx fs
and thx to any1 els who makes me a pic :)
dwnn,jlh, silv and 1 beet teh cout to 50 befor a mod post game
i and mira got to 45.
my fg sis if JO & Mira :D! fg twin fs :P! and my cosion is haven!! we all rock :D!
9.5941% - Geekish Tendencies
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7798 my art viwe NOW!
p.s i hop[e this siggy isent too big :?
return of 1 min go
Dwarf Thief

Location: Crying at the poor onions that are being chopped to pieces.

Postby spritegirl15 » Mon 4th Oct 2010

AAAAAAAAAA Arty can't die!! :shock: Colfer has to think of something better than that!!
- spritegirl15
Dance like nobody's watching.
Dare to be different.
Never be normal.
Always be awesome.

Team Artemis! Yay!
spritegirl15
Mud-Man

Postby return of 1 min go » Fri 8th Oct 2010

same here, its strang i thout of thet but........
we would want more if he dosent die and if he does die colfer can come up with a sub book siers.
but i dont wont arty to die but still....im arguing with me noooo this mighte lead to spilt personalty!! :lol:
Image Image & thx mira :Dthx fs
and thx to any1 els who makes me a pic :)
dwnn,jlh, silv and 1 beet teh cout to 50 befor a mod post game
i and mira got to 45.
my fg sis if JO & Mira :D! fg twin fs :P! and my cosion is haven!! we all rock :D!
9.5941% - Geekish Tendencies
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7798 my art viwe NOW!
p.s i hop[e this siggy isent too big :?
return of 1 min go
Dwarf Thief

Location: Crying at the poor onions that are being chopped to pieces.

Postby Ann » Wed 13th Oct 2010

Hm, I don't know. This may just be my hoping, but I am pretty sure he will continue. Every time he's said something, he totally goes backward and does something else! Example: What P5YCHIC mentioned. :D
Red vs. Blue for the WIN. And BLUE PWNS, just to warn you. ;D

Ann
Gnome

Postby Deamonluver » Mon 1st Nov 2010

I think that it's always OK to end a series. If you keep continuing it, the readers will eventually get bored. Take Warriors for example. Erin Hunter is continuing that series, and there's over 20 books in the series alone!
I think that maybe Eoin Colfer could maybe make a guide book, like Kathryn Lasky for The Guardians of Ga'Hoole.
I'm sad, but I'm also sort of happy. It's always good to wonder if there's a happy ending. Or not... :twisted:
FINALLY A WHOVIAN
Superwhovengerslock :D
Deamon~
Real life is a sad, lonely place. I enjoy my dreams because they take me away to different realms.
My dreams are bigger than this reality.
Imagemake a gif picture
Deamonluver
Mud-Man

Postby Ann » Sat 20th Nov 2010

Yeah, it is good idea to end the series eventually. One thing though: Doesn't the Artemis Fowl Files count as a "guide book"?
Red vs. Blue for the WIN. And BLUE PWNS, just to warn you. ;D

Ann
Gnome

Postby Goblin 1 » Tue 30th Nov 2010

it should end dramaticly not a simple choice :( :( :( :(
Goblin 1
Mud-Man

Postby ArtemisFowlfan96 » Tue 28th Jun 2011

Yeah, when a series drags on, even the most devoted readers lose a bit of interest. Like, I completely love the Animorphs series--we're getting the entire series on E-Bay and Amazon! But the series consists of exactly 65 books at 150 pages each, including bigger special books. I know of only one library that could possibly own a copy of every book--the Library of Congress! As soon as I read all of the books I could find, including the last book, out of sequence, I put my interest into a new series. Now we're finally trying to get the whole collection, three or four years later--and you know what? The last two books are full of the deaths of loved ones, depression, marriage proposals being refused, and two people who were meant to be together drifting apart--and there's no final ending!

Anyway, what I'm saying is, things that go on too long tend to lose their touch and have bad endings. If Eoin Colfer thinks that one more book is best, then I think so, too. We've had so many great Artemis Fowl moments that we can relive. We have fanfiction, and we have each other. And, like said above, he might open the series again or write a parallel series in a few years. Or maybe he'll re-think ending it here. Then there's still the graphic novels for the other books and perhaps a movie sometime in the distant future!

So, what I'm really saying here is this: I will miss Artemis Fowl so much if this is the end. In some ways, the series never ending, or at least going on longer, is great. Then again, I really do want to see Artemis in a happy ending. With Holly, of course. :D So, I guess I'm kind of split on this issue. Wow, that was a long response! :P
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Return to Fowl of the Future