Superstions

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.

Re: Superstions

Postby Skyswallow » Wed 8th Aug 2012

The number is 1000. And didn't romans think hens could tell the future? They fed them cake and if the hens ate it, all was well. If, however, they refused, the romans got all scared. Like Arty and his number gods! :lol:
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Randomosity » Thu 9th Aug 2012

In viking times, you put a dead loved one's ashes in a little bottle. If another loved one died, then you put the bottles next to eachother, and drilled a hole in each one so that they could have a chat.
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.
Randomosity
Troll

Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Postby Skyswallow » Thu 16th Aug 2012

Wow. That is awesome!
In the 14th century, during the Black Death, quack doctors would sell powdered emeralds and pearls to cure it. Obviously it didn't work.

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Randomosity » Sun 2nd Sep 2012

The oldest superstition I know of is that stone-age man believed that chickenpox could be cured by crawling through a stone with a hole in it. Well, I guess stones were the only things around back then.....

What's a really new superstition, excluding one you just made up :lol:
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.
Randomosity
Troll

Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Postby Skyswallow » Mon 3rd Sep 2012

Hm. It's unlucky not to send chain emails to everyone you know? That can't be that ancient, they didn't have emails at one point! :shock:

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Randomosity » Sat 8th Sep 2012

It's apparently unlucky to toss a new hat, to wear new clothes and not buy them, to put shoes on table and to put a hat on a bed(?)

I will think up some more clothes related superstitions soon :) :) :) :) :tinfoilhat:
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.
Randomosity
Troll

Postby Immortal » Mon 10th Sep 2012

One of the superstions I have is the walking under the ladder one - I have done it as a kid and I think bad luck has stuck with me in certain occasions. :?
Thanks to Mira-chan for making this awesome sig ^_^
Immortal
Dwarf Thief

Postby Skyswallow » Mon 10th Sep 2012

^ I think it's unlucky to walk under a ladder because the ladder might fall on you.
Apparently you can make a wish on a green m+m. (did I already post that?)

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Randomosity » Tue 25th Sep 2012

Yep. Why a green M+M? Why not a red or a blue or a.....
Sorry. :roll:
Apparently two spoons in your tea equals a wedding, 'cept I've done that once and I'm not married, nor do I want to be married.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.
Randomosity
Troll

Postby Cabaline » Fri 16th Aug 2013

I learned a Bulgarian superstition today: apparently if it rains when you're on the way to do something (like a test) then you're going to do well.

My mum also follows this superstition where if you give someone a purse as a present you have to put a con in it, otherwise if you leave it empty it is destined to stay empty and the person you're giving it too will never have any money.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby Bang Your Drum » Fri 16th Aug 2013

I admit I always am careful not to spill salt, and if I do I tos a bit over my shoulder. Mostly becuase it's kinda fun.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Previous

Return to Limbo