The Official FG Collab Thread

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.

The Official FG Collab Thread

Postby Bang Your Drum » Sat 16th Jul 2011

Many people on FG often collaborate on projects, such as AfterWorlds and the WIP youtube channel. So when you want to start a new collaborative project, post info on it here, instead of posting more topics.
Here's a template y'all to fill out!

Code: Select all
[b]name of project[/b]
[b]explain the project and it's purpose[/b]
[b]how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have?[/b]
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Re: The Official FG Collab Thread

Postby Bang Your Drum » Sat 16th Jul 2011

name of project Ummm, Byddie's tech thing?
explain the project and it's purpose My school requires students to complete a series of projects in order to graduate. For part of it I have to do something with technology, I've alaways wanted to make an AMV, but since this is supposed to show my understanding of internet rules like copyright and stuff that isn't gonna roll, so I've decided to make a an animated short based around a story I'm writing, accompianed by a cover of a song that relates to the story. The song is called Autoclave by The Moutaingoats, a great band, you all should check 'em out.
how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? I need some muscians obviously, a singer at the very least. A drummer would be great as well, and a guiatarist too. Any other type of inturments are welcome!
Drop me a PM if you are interested in helping!

Now I realize that more than one person might want to be the singer, but the sad truth is I can only pick one person, so don't be bitter if you aren't picked (you're still awesome anyway) and don't gloat if you are.
For projects like this to work in the future you have to be civil to everyone, otherwise porjects like may not be allowed here anymore.
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Postby A Passing Bookworm » Sun 17th Jul 2011

^ When do you need to get the project done? I'll be freer next month...

name of project The FG It Gets Better Project

explain the project and it's purpose I think most of you have heard of the Trevor Project, or the It Gets Better project. It's a project that's aimed to help victims of bullying, people who have been outcast from their communities for certain reasons (sexuality, race, religion, etc), and generally people who are in rather bad places in their lives. It's a project that is aimed to show these people, who are going through so much pain, that life will get better. The project does not discriminate against race, religion, creed, or sexuality. They just want to show people that life gets better.

The FG It Gets Better project is exactly like that. Look around you. I think more than a few of us have been in pretty bad places at some point in out lives, some of us might be going through some dark times right now. You might feel scared, alone, unloved, hated, worthless.... but it doesn't have to be that way.

The It Gets Better project is aimed to show you all that you have a place to turn to, that things get better, and that you are loved. So if you ever need anyone to talk to, if you feel like you can't say anything to anybody and if you just feel absolutely worthless and dead inside, you know that there are people who love you and want to help.

So here's the plan. Anyone who wants to take part can PM me, and after approval, but something in their siggies, like "Part of the FG It Gets Better Project" so if anyone has to talk, or needs somewhere to turn to, they know they can go to you. Also, if you see an FGer in trouble, or acting out of sorts, or anything, drop them a PM, or something, just asking if they're alright.

Of course, you don't have to be part of the project to do this. :3 Anyone can do anything to help.

Also, though this is optional, you could make videos, or writings, or anything, under the It Gets Better theme, and post them once in a while. It'd be really great to just spread the love like that. :3

So, I think you get the gist of it, right? It does get better, so maybe we should show it. :)

how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? As many people as possible, I think. ^^" The more the merrier. You don't need any particular skills, you just have to want to and be willing to help.
for a very important date!
A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby FowlStar » Fri 22nd Jul 2011

name of project The Fangirl World Wiki
explain the project and it's purpose Well, fellow Fangirls, I am sorry to say that the website I'm working on will be a bit late, as I'm having trouble with a few things. So, I decided to make a wiki, a place where we could create pages of characters we like and things like how to identify a Fangirl, pages on your favorite characters, and different levels of Fangirling. :D I need people to help write out articles and get the wiki running. PM me if you're interested.
how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have?

I need at least five writers and two image engineers, I'll take non-Fangirls and boys too, as long as everyone meets the following requirements:

1. Has the ability to write articulate articles.
2. Posses creativity and resourcefulness.
3. Responsible, mature.
4. Can do a perfect Fangirl Squeal (boys are exempt, everyone knows their squeals are terrible.... XD :lol:).
5. Fangirls at least two people.
6. Is obsessive. Extremely obsessive.
7. Is committed and dedicated.

We need to write a few articles and create some Fg-wiki based images, here is a list:

Articles:

1. Levels of Fangirling.
2. Basic Fangirl Guide.
3. A few /DETAILED/ pages of celebs and characters.

1. Buttons.
2. Small siggies.

If you have any other ideas, please run them by me. :D I love ideas.

Here is the form required. Please PM me your entries. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.

Code: Select all
*Username:
*Why do you want to work on this project:
*Are you committed to a long term project?
*What are your strong points/abilities:
*What is the official Fangirl Dessert?
What is your favorite color:
Tell me about yourself:
*Email:
Other:

NOTE: Emails are required so I can patch you up to Google Docs so you can be part of the rule making process and group article writings. If you cannot share your email, we'll try to think of something else. :D
i write because you exist.
FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Postby Bang Your Drum » Wed 14th Mar 2012

I've proposed this idea to other people in the CotFR RP, I'm doing this for my tech project (the AMV didn't work out) which I need to graduate high school. Any one can help out, provided you have nice art, PM me for info on how to save the files!

name of project CotFR 2 Book (excerpt)
explain the project and it's purpose I want to create book of CotFR 2 (which has just begun) it would a compilation of the entire RP (when it's finished) but for now I'd liked to include the first pages we have so far.... which there are 55 of double space on google docs... but I want to do the first 20 pages or so for now (or whatever offers a good stopping point/cliff hanger)
I will also be presenting it to my school, not the whole thing, but I will show the illustrations and talk a little about the story line.
how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have?
I need illustrators (preferably from the RP) for now, maybe a proofreader.

Thanks for reading!
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Postby Bang Your Drum » Sat 30th Jun 2012

A idea for a app/program

name of project Threadle
explain the project and it's purpose an e-lit magazine, where you can select story serials to "follow." the more you follow the larger your own personal "magazine" is, plus it only has things you want to read! Updates are sent out at a certain time each week and you cannot read ahead, you have to wait for the next update, just like a real (paper) lit magazine. People can submit stories for others to follow. There will be interactive aspects as well, perhaps even mini games.
how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? I need writers, with COMPLETED longer works of original fiction. Depending on if we get the app of the ground, you may get some compensation.
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Postby world is quiet here » Sat 30th Jun 2012

name of project: Writing a letter to Eoin Colfer!
explain the project and it's purpose: We've been meaning to do this for ages, so me and Sky have decided to do it after endless discussion in this thread, we've decided to do it. We will make it on Word then PM it to other helpers.
how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? We would like as many people as possible. You'll have to be good at editing and prefarably good grammar.
If you have any ideas or wanna join, PM me or Skyswallow.
Note: It would be good if you have Google docs.
world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Postby Ash Kelp » Wed 8th Aug 2012

name of project The Kelp Chronicles
explain the project and it's purpose It's a series of stories that happen while Artemis and holly are in limbo. It can be in either the first or third person, and the main Character is Trouble.
how many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? Only one other person is needed, but i'll take up to two. Must have good grammar, have good ideas for the stories already, and must be able to write a lot.

If you want to join, Pm me, and give me an example of a story-line for a story. We probably won't work on the same stories that much other than proof-reading.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Postby Amber Root » Tue 13th Nov 2012

Name of project Manipulator Workshop
Explain the project and it's purpose Well, it is a forum for image manipulators. It will be a place where were can show our work, help others, and create images and animations such as gifs with each other.
How many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? I need one other Adimin(Sara), and two mods. To apply for it and help our getting the forum ready for use, then do your position. If you are interested you will need to:
➀ PM me the following:
●Your most resent image work can be anything. Just not a gif.
●How long you have been working in imagery.
●What type you work with the most(Signatures, avatars, backgrounds, etc.)
➁Be willing to help.
●You cannot just make your way though to the position then just do nothing besides sit around and boss people.
●Being able to work along side people. This is a group job.

*If there are more people than three seem very good for the position I may make another group and place them into it. It all depends on the skills and strengths.

I would really enjoy having people help out with this. :]

Link to the site will be edited in later

~Amy
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby TungstenMessah » Sat 16th Feb 2013

Name of project: AfterWorlds (name pending)
Explain the project and it's purpose: I'm not explaining 15+ pages. It's purpose is to bring about the completion of a RPG/fantasy/tech combo game.
How many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have?:I need any amount of people. Writers only. This will be a VOLUNTEER post, and no profits or shares will be extended to any writers. The google doc is officially open to all: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qi- ... DoE4E/edit

You can comment by right clicking, but not edit. If you'd like to edit, make a comment with your gmail in it. Three rules while editing:
1. Highlight what you've added in any different colour.
2. Do NOT kill off, add any, or make two characters love each other without my permission. Please.
3. Keep in mind that copyrighted stuff may NOT go into this.

Again, everyone is welcome.
ok.
TungstenMessah
Troll

Postby Skyswallow » Sun 3rd Mar 2013

Name of project: You've been Fowled!
Explain the project and its purpose: It's gonna be a Tumblr thing to help spread the Artemis Fowl fandom a little further. It will basically be adding an AF-related comment to a post, same as you do for your other fandoms, and also creating AF reaction gifs from fanart and the GNs. All YbF posts should be tagged 'You've been Fowled!' so we can find them :)
How many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? Anyone can join so long as you have a Tumblr! Preferably you should be able to do gifs and photoshopping, but so long as you're enthusiastic about it you can join :) Just PM me to tell me you're joining, and I'll pm you back the password :) !
C'mon guys! I know we can make this a thing!
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Amber Root » Thu 28th Mar 2013

Name of project: Operation Whofowlock
Explain the project and it's purpose: Well, it's for any user of FG who wants to help write a group written crossover of Artemis Fowl, Doctor Who, and BBC Sherlock.
How many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have: Anyone who wants to join, and uses minimum nice grammar(Just no text talk please). Since it's a group effort, some of us can go back and fix a few things, it can also help each other to learn.

Please PM either Skyswallow or Amber Root if you are interested.

~Amy/Sky
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby Skyswallow » Tue 18th Mar 2014

Name of project: The Gnommish Language and Culture Projects (may be two separate projects or one combined jumble - not sure yet)

Explain the project and its purpose:
The Gnommish Language Project will be attempting to create a conlang (constructed language) for Gnommish! It would be very simple and likely highly based on English (unless Kitty, Dolly, or other people who speak other languages natively or to a high level), and of course would include words from the books along with our made-up ones.
The Gnommish Culture Project would in essence be trying to make up a full culture for the People, complete with a slightly fuller history than what's listed. A lot of it would be pulling paragraphs from the books and working out a history and inferring other information about the People and their culture and language from this.
I thought these would be interesting projects to make - we do, after all, already have a cipher/code (never quite sure which it would be...) and a few words of Gnommish, along with many snippets of the People's history/culture - and many other fantasy fandoms have expanded upon this - why shouldn't Fowlies/ers (haha who said anything about using results of a democraticish poll...)? This will be especially interesting when we do get the movie - there will be an influx of interested fans, and it will be nice to help provide them with ready-made fan projects and resources that aren't long-dead.

How many people are needed and are there any particular set of skills you need them to have? Although I could do this project all on my lonesome, it would be lovely to have more people! At least one more person would be nice, two or more would be brilliant (if more people do join, I will make a topic for it on FG, if not I will just make notes and upload them to Tumblr).
Skills needed: referencing, inference, and a healthy imagination. Also, interest in history, language (even if it's only extremely basic - like me - we can all learn!), and some form of commitment...

Anyone interested should PM, sorry about the length of the post :)
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Return to Limbo