What Do You Want To Do When (Or If!) You Grow Up?

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.

Re: What Do You Want To Do When (Or If!) You Grow Up?

Postby FowlStar » Sat 26th Dec 2015

FowlStar wrote:
FowlStar wrote:I'm ready for every eventuality and possibility. I'm going to a medical magnet school for eighth grade, to prepare myself for the Medical Academy I've been excepted into for high school already. After that, I'll do my undergrad, and then it's off to Harvard. On a partial scholarship at least. I'm taking as many classes as I can, with diverse subjects, including French I, Home Economics, not to mention honors Algebra and all honors classes so far...and maybe TV Production. I'll also be doing plenty of community work, volunteering at my local hospital as soon as I'm sixteen. That is why I go crazy during summer doing what ever I want, I never have time for anything but studies and clubs the rest of the year. I'll be applying to every Ivy League school in the country, as well as a few good state universities, but I've set my sights on Harvard. And I will get in. No room for mistakes, or failure. AT ALL.

Then, save up enough to open my own practice after working as a neurosurgeon for a few years. The only part of my future I have no idea about is what I'll specialize in. It was cardiology a few years ago, now it's neurosurgery. Maybe that will change. Who knows. :D

lmao im sixteen now and everything's gone as planned so far, but i doubt i'll get into harvard.

I'm eighteen now. I'm almost an EMT, my first hospital clinical rotations are in a few hours. I've already done some ambulance rotations. Hopefully, the next time I post I'll be 20 and fretting about my paramedic certification exam. and then, maybe even trauma surgery. I was fourteen when I first posted, and all though nothing has really turned out the way that fourteen year old up above planned, things are okay. that's all i can hope for.
i write because you exist.
FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Postby Amber Root » Sat 26th Dec 2015

Amber Root wrote: I'll stick with singing! Wait I know how to get into it. When 16... (23rd Jul 2011)

Amber Root wrote:I wish to become a... high school Choir director (Thu 6th Feb 2014).

Forget the other nonsense I wrote, now I'm 16 and my backup is already taking course. Everyday I work hard on my own or with my various teachers. Then teach others myself. Each time I take another step is inching closer to the stage. I'm not reaching for Tony status or front face Play Bill. The plan is to reach out to those who were touched like me, let them see me; hear me.

At 11 I thought preforming was walking your way across a stage in front of the cameras, smile, and scream. When I was 11 I started learning the story of realization. Excitement, confusion, laughter, disappointment.

Five years later the curtains are open. Yet my voice has just began to be heard.
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby Falcon! » Tue 2nd Aug 2016

Falcon! wrote:My friends and I are starting a band, and we're going to refurbish a school bus and drive around the country playing music and maybe be famous.
Okay, that's a little out there, huh?
Really I want to make movies-- that's a really broad statement but I can't decide what I want to do XD I have found, though, that I am a better producer than director, if it helps. Everything tht I want to do, though, is not a good carreer option, like, and I feel bad saying this, I want to stay away from art careers (my family says I would make a good engineer, I say I go over the time limit on every math test for years now) but art is all I'm interested in.
My other thing that I really wanna do is start my own business. My friend (Short actually, she hasn't been on in like three years so idk if you remember her XD) an' I are starting an entertainment company, gonna sell like t-shirts and pins and stuff, and make podcasts and whatever...it's not gonna pick up until we get out of school anyways, if it sticks around tht long.

Augh! I'm getting closer to having to choose a carrer path but all I want to do is draw punk cats and play drums ;A; If only driving away in a shiny band bus forever is practcal as a carreer! (Plans for a grace year after high school? 8) )

Wow, pretty much nothing has changed.
Except, the band broke up because I'm the only one that learned to play, so now I'm just hoping to meet someone who needs a drummer XD
As it turns out I'm terrible at making movies and I don't have traits I need to get my foot in the right doors, but I'm still very very interested in mass media and that's probably where I'll end up. I don't think I have the guts to do art by itself, but I do make some pocket change selling stuff I make. Right now I'm having all sorts of a good time trying everything I can, haha. I do wish I was made of engineer mettle but I'm just not :/
Member since April 30, 2010!
My old sig by Amber: http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... Falcon.png
My name is Fal an' I'm resident Cool Cat. Talk to me about my Killjoys obsession or giving me your unwanted things to eat (anything is good covered in chocolate.)
"the story"
Falcon!
Dwarf Miner

Postby Josephine Fowl » Wed 17th Aug 2016

At 20 years old, my dream is to become an English teacher in a foreign country. The only current problem with this is that most countries require a degree from a country where English is the native language.
Heart broken by Ishida Sui's Tokyo Ghoul

10/10, would let him break my heart again
Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Postby Amber Root » Sun 8th Oct 2017

Amber Root wrote:
Amber Root wrote: I'll stick with singing! Wait I know how to get into it. When 16... (23rd Jul 2011)

Amber Root wrote:I wish to become a... high school Choir director (Thu 6th Feb 2014).

Forget the other nonsense I wrote, now I'm 16 and my backup is already taking course. Everyday I work hard on my own or with my various teachers. Then teach others myself. Each time I take another step is inching closer to the stage. I'm not reaching for Tony status or front face Play Bill. The plan is to reach out to those who were touched like me, let them see me; hear me.

At 11 I thought preforming was walking your way across a stage in front of the cameras, smile, and scream. When I was 11 I started learning the story of realization. Excitement, confusion, laughter, disappointment.

Five years later the curtains are open. Yet my voice has just began to be heard.

Now I'm 18, second year as my schools choral president - Junior/Senior year. Made great friends with my vocal coach and producer while meeting other great people in this industry.

Though I still want to teach music, I also want to teach special need students. This previous summer I spent over 140 hours teaching children with autism and other disabilities music and theater. This was a truly amazing experience. Those around me want me to;d me to specialize in speech therapy however.

On another note, other than choral I'm highly experienced in broadcast/media production... Already I'm certified in Adobe Photoshop, Flash, and Premier Pro. As well as two years of live news anchoring, directing, and sound set. :./ Following this path I could have two full years of scholarships under my belt.

I don't know what to choose ::my love for music, school, or news::
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Previous

Return to Limbo