VENT HERE!!!

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.

Re: VENT HERE!!!

Postby lackingimagination » Wed 3rd Feb 2016

Please, I just want to be okay. I just want to know what to do. I just want to be able to live. That's all I want. Please. Please.
lackingimagination
Gnome

Postby Bang Your Drum » Sun 7th Feb 2016

She's really the worst person I've ever almost met.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Postby lackingimagination » Tue 16th Feb 2016

K
lackingimagination
Gnome

Postby Bang Your Drum » Sun 21st Feb 2016

I am terrified of the prospect of moving to another country but it may become nessasary. Also I don't know how to read Hebrew and I don't have a passport and I'm scared.

edit: I dreamt about a cat killing a sparrow, while I watched.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Postby artymon I\/ » Wed 16th Mar 2016

^I get where you're coming from. Traveling from home to the gym can be as scary as a walk through a cemetery at night sometimes, never mind traveling to an entirely different country. I built up a new found respect for some of the students at school after Oz. Try to think of it as an adventure.

There's supposedly a new Indiana Jones movie coming out in 2019. I'm half and half excited for it. I'm...mostly over Crystal Skull and can even forgive or defend parts of it...but I still can't help but pray this one doesn't disappoint. Assuming this isn't anything more than some sick schadenfreude's idea of a pre-April Fool's joke.
More than that, it just hit me again. This is the thing I'd gush to her about, get excited and dorky and pray they don't screw it up. But we're not friends anymore. And there's no one who would care in the same way. Who would know to joke, "Gee, I heard Steven was asking to put MORE ants in this movie." In another world, we'd be making plans about seeing it, I'd be vying and begging to do a full cosplay. I didn't expect us meeting would lead to that magical thing, falling in love, maybe it was too late for that. My best case hope was that we'd part better friends and...maybe from there we could meet up again, or travel to places together. I was wrong. In more ways than one. I let my eagerness and body control me. The more I was pushed away, the tighter I wanted to cling, which only made her push away harder. I know some moderator is going to read this...assuming they haven't already just banned and deleted this, all I'll say is, it is a Vent thread. Funny. I'd rather type this out here where literally any stranger could read this than talk to someone who might care about it. Maybe I'm worried no one will care. 2019. Exactly ten years since we first knew each other. Good god am I old. Too old to be reminiscing about ghosts.
I'm tired of all the office drama and silly policies that are enacted almost daily. I need to get a real career, something worth investing my time in. Something that can allow me to be self-sustaining and take care of my future gal.
Nautron respoc lorni virch
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby Josephine Fowl » Thu 31st Mar 2016

This is really silly vent, but okay.
My family is on a trip to Paris. I'm not. I'm at home with the dogs. Great. Just great.

/EDIT/

My family is back from Paris. My mom asked me to write a list of specific things I wanted from Sephora, because she knew that she wouldn't know what I want. Well. I just got the things she bought for me. And she bought NONE of the things I had asked for... So when I asked her about why she just got me some random (and very ugly) lipsticks, she just said that they didn't have the brands, which I honestly DO NOT believe at all. How can a Sephora not have Too Faced, at all? Like, not even a blush or a liquid lipstick? I don't believe it.
Heart broken by Ishida Sui's Tokyo Ghoul

10/10, would let him break my heart again
Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Postby Battery » Fri 3rd Jun 2016

Have to remember that in higher levels more criticism is expected, it's not as good but it's not terrible
Have to remember he said it was hard to think of notes
Have to remember all of their first reactions were that it was well-written
Have to remember that even if they did just need to pick a girl to win I was still the girl they picked, have to remember that it was hard to choose and everyone did well, have to remember 60B took a long time to shape up, have to remember this class is moving faster
And now that I actually have a plan, the classes aren't being offered anymore
Battery
Ringbearer

Postby Josephine Fowl » Mon 6th Jun 2016

Why can't they just let me make decisions about my life without intervining? Just let me be, I know what I want to do, what I don't want to do. I know how I want to live my life, thank you very much!
Heart broken by Ishida Sui's Tokyo Ghoul

10/10, would let him break my heart again
Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Postby Amber Root » Fri 24th Jun 2016

I'm gonna miss my best friend. Be safe in Texas dear... We thought we were gonna graduate together but I guess not. I've never been this heart broken. My god. Thank you for always being there. I love you. Thank god I was given the chance to meet you and that we leave in the same comumminty I can go see you tomorrow one last time. I feel like puking. I hope Gen is okay about this I know it's gonna hurt her too.
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

An Open Letter

Postby artymon I\/ » Thu 18th Aug 2016

First off, hello everyone, tis been a while! Hope everyone's doing well.

I suppose this counts as a Vent (I definitely need to get it off my chest) but if not, the kind and wise magical mods will move this as needed.

The following is a work related email, had to rant about it to someone, read at your own risk.

Guys,

Look, for the last 2 days – I’ve had issues for this shift. I don’t know what the deal is, or why all of a sudden you guys are slacking as much as you are. It’s no longer acceptable for it to be “My bad, or My fault”, because at this point – it’s your job. As I’ve stated before, I know how unfair of a position Dispatch is and can be, but it’s still your job and you still have to do it.

It makes it very unfair to me, to have to constantly remind ya’ll of what your responsibilities are, when at this point – it should all be 2nd nature. There should be no need for logbooks left on the counter, trash bags left on the floor, the board not updated/cancellation log not updated, especially when I’m asking you both specifically to make sure this is done BEFORE you leave. I don’t pretend to know how to work Dispatch as well as you, but what I do expect you both to do is pull your weight and do the jobs that you’ve been hired to do. Now, if you no longer want to do those jobs, that’s fine-let me know, BUT if you do, then I expect you to do so.

Nate – you issued tags for Max in a plane for a crew flight that had 4.1 left on it and if he hadn’t brought the plane, it would have of overflown as the lessons were 2.4 and 2.0.

Perkins – Tal said he came to see you regarding his student Qingsheng Lu and that he was cancelling the lesson due to the sp going to ground school, but the student was issued a tag under 9215E, the cancellation log colored as if the student flew, I don’t see where the tag was ever checked back in, but Nate was able to issue the same plane to another student? It is now 4:33pm and I’ve been researching this since 1:40pm. OPS was attempting to call Miami Tower, Fuel truck and Mx were all looking for this plane and had it just been handled correctly – a lot of folks wouldn’t have wasted so much time.

This will be my last time having this discussion. These simple mistakes are unacceptable and the next time will be a write up. I’ve now spent the greater part of my afternoon handling and researching something that has taken me away from my other responsibilities.

Would like you both to read this, respond with anything that can be done to better this situation and consider this a verbal warning. Next time will be a write up.

Any questions – let me know.

Kim

My reply,

Good morning,

I'm not sure what you want Perkins or I to say. The core of our job as dispatchers, according to Nancy, is to put a student and an instructor in a plane, safely get them outside to fly, and get them back. Anything else is secondary. As is, I'd say we do fairly well. No one's crashed or died or anything horrible....at least...not since April with 151DC...and on that, short of possessing precognitive powers, there was nothing we could have done to prevent that.

I spoke with Max about the flight. He told me his lesson required the plane to have an ADF. All of our ADF planes had been low on time, I think we might have had one or two that had more time left, though they were out already. I explained the situation to him and said he could fly at least one student, then come back and we'd find another plane for him. I thought we had been on the same page about that, I thought he said "Okay" or something like that, but he must have decided there was enough time on the plane to fly both. It didn't overfly and maximum use of the aircraft was made before it went in for Event. No issue.

I don't know what the story is with 15E, I do recall issuing it, everything else was dispatched or too low on time, it did give the pop-up warning that it had been issued, though it was on the shelf, ready to go, and I had simply assumed it was a deleted tag from the previous day. I know, I know, "when you assume, you make an [censored] outta 'u' and 'me'."

In regards to keeping up with the Schedule or the Departure Board, first off, there is no possible way any of us can control if an instructor or student decides not to come back on time or (short of hijacking a plane and forcing them back) we can make calls on the radio, but they might not answer or even be on the same frequency. I was trained to try and keep my 'default' computer screen on the Departure board so that it could be monitored as closely as possible.

The schedule: Again, I believe it was Nancy who said this (albeit it was in a meeting a while back) that our priority is the person in front of us. If we can't keep up with the schedule to the minute, consider that a good thing as it means we're busy trying to follow it and get people out the door, with exceptions like right now how I have to Dear Diary my previous day, that's time being taken away from it. This is not to say it is ignored and forsaken; it is completed when time allows.

At any given time during the day, a dozen fires can pop up that we're responsible for extinguishing and at times it can feel you no sooner turn to put one out and three more spring up, I'm sure you can relate, which is certainly no excuse. Simply that things can happen and we have to decide how to prioritize each situation as they come about and as we're made aware. Plane availability was tight and might have come to question, though I encountered no issues in meeting the schedule.

I apologize for the Tower of Text and if I at all sound snippy, while I am a tad annoyed, I'm more weary than anything else. And no, that doesn't mean I don't want to do my job or quit, etc. Just that you're right in what you've said before: We need to be a united front and work together, help as needed, and lay off on the shift gang ups.

Her reply,

Good Morning,

What I need for you and Perkins to understand that while the core of the job is yes to put the students in the plane, everything else also goes along with the job. As far as no one crashing or dying, there are still other consequences to your job. So had the plane overflown and with the amount of times that the FAA has been here just this year along, for something that seems so menial – it would certainly not be when the lesson would now be considered a Nonconforming training event, where FSA could be fined, that lesson would have to be reflown to make it actually count and now the MX will have to report it to their POI. Same for the priority sheet – Don asked you specifically to make sure that certain planes fly first, and you didn’t and then your response was, basically yeah – I forgot, nobody died, etc, and now what?

What I need for you guys to understand is, that all things that are related to your job (other duties as needed) are still ultimately – part of your job. So while putting up logbooks, making sure your area is clean and neat, making sure that you’ve relayed the correct information to the Ips/sp – it’s just that: your job. The amount of time that I personally spent yesterday trying to figure out these tribal things, was time spent away from other responsibilities that needed my attention. I in no way underestimate that importance of that job, having to watch it from the outside looking in, but at that point since everyone was looking for a plane that had been reissued – imagine the panic that ensued for the ½ hour – 45 mins that it took OPS, Miami, Mx and the fuel trucks to try to find that aircraft. Now had Nancy or James been the one handling that situation personally – I can ensure you that you might want to put a little bit more sense of ownership or urgency on it.

As far as the cancellation board, no you cannot hijack the a/c and MAKE them come back, but you can certainly make sure if your Supervisor is asking that a task be completed, that it sure is before you leave. AND if they are not answering when you’re attempting to call them, then at that point – you could’ve stated as such, so that way, I as your supervisor know that you did what I asked and then it wouldn’t be a big issue.

So basically what you’re telling me is that you can’t multi task? And while yes, the primary responsibility is to get the person out to the plane, when I sent the message down to the both of you – there were quite a few areas that didn’t have anything filled out, meaning that at that point – it would’ve been the time to clean it up, so that it doesn’t fall on the next shift to have to figure out what happened. There have been several times when I have come down there and noticed absolutely no lines, and 2 people sitting there. I’d think, that would be the time for you to be checking your work to see if anything has fallen thru the cracks and if anything else is needed. You’ve worked all 3 shifts and you know from firsthand the aggravation that can come from the previous shift not pulling their own weight.

The thing that I need all of you, not just you and Perkins, to realize is – is that you guys are all a team and you’re only as strong as your weakest link. It’s up to you and Perkins to set the pace/tone for each shift to follow and if you guys are letting the small things fall by the wayside, then guess what – that small thing now builds and by the time the next shift comes, that small flame has now erupted into a huge fire.

I will ALWAYS go to bat for you all, but you guys have to meet me at home plate. You have NO IDEA how many times I have to defend Dispatch during the course of a day and while I will always willingly do it, what I won’t be is disrespected, which I feel the tone in your email is. I don’t make light of any of my responsibilities and I expect the same from everyone else. Same as I’ve always said – as long as you never see me down here, then you guys are good, but when I come, you better believe it’s because SOMEONE has already come to me. I deflect all day for you, which is my job, I just need you all to take the same sense of urgency and responsibility that I do for you all.

Now I'm not even going to bother replying back because, what will that accomplish?

At least, not for her benefit.

So sit back and enjoy a Running Review!

Humor is not promised.

Don asked you specifically to make sure that certain planes fly first, and you didn’t and then your response was, basically yeah – I forgot, nobody died, etc, and now what?

*sighs* Clearly you didn't read my email. Nor does she understand how our job works. She's a supervisor in title only.

The amount of time that I personally spent yesterday trying to figure out these tribal things, was time spent away from other responsibilities that needed my attention.

Aw gee, I guess that means Perkins and I ought to stop lighting campfires in Dispatch and singing Native American tribal songs. (Apologies for any ethnicity I may have offended!)

Now had Nancy or James been the one handling that situation personally –

Then they probably would have found it faster! :awesome:

So basically what you’re telling me is that you can’t multi task?

I can multitask a helicopter of a lot better than you can Grammar.

I think that's everything out of me for now. Wait wait.

Now, all this was brought up because I had to stay late the other day as the relief dispatch was late and I informed Kim about it and the relief was displeased that I ratted on her (unfortunately, we're not allowed overtime, else I would've just taken the extra .3 and not said anything, but hey, I've gotta cover myself) and now instigated this.

So it helps if people are on time.

This is a wee bit rambly.

Alright. I'm good.

Thanks, guys!

:rockon:

EDIT:/

I suppose I could vent about my car and the trunk issue....though I don't totally want to get myself worked up about it. She'll get fixed, one way or another. Just wish this stuff didn't seem to happen so frequently, battery no sooner dies then the trunk's pull down motor gives out. If I was more mechanically inclined I'd just put in a manual latch system, but alas. At least the trunk is closed...mostly.
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby Amber Root » Sat 17th Sep 2016

I have no time to myself anymore.

Everyone in Chorus I feel is using me, just because I'm the school's Choir President it does not mean I do your end of the work for you. You can do the library yourself; you signed up for it.

My vocal coach keeps aggravating me. I know, I know- there's no time to practice. I'm getting over strep and bronchitis. I can't work with you right now. I'm sorry I can only see you once a week now. I'm sorry.

Ugh I have an audition in two weeks, better get in better health. BETTER LEARN TO BREATHE.

No, I don't want to go to Four County Chorus. Oh wait, I'm president; therefore, I HAVE TO GO THANKS MR. H.

Hahahahahahahaha why did I rejoin the Bowling Team this year. I know I certified in Adobe Photoshop Cloud but why do I HAVE TO DESIGN AND MAKE THE BANNER/SPIRIT SHIRTS? I supposed to be playing. Not. Designing. Sorry I'm late to the games/practices I HAVE A LIFE ITS BAD ENOUGH I HAVE TO RECORD YOU GUYS FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT ACADEMY ew no i have to control the sound board ugh I'd rather keep announcing our teams failures to the school.

Oh I forgot to mention: My dad has cancer. How fun. ))))))))))).:
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby Solinium Pulse » Sun 2nd Oct 2016

This whole election is a joke. It's weird, being an adult now. Yesterday I was 14. Today I am 18 years, 5 months, 26 days old. Why am I counting? Why does that matter?

Why do I have guns now? Me. Not my parents, nor my grandparents, but me. They said I went from zero to sixty real fast. I got them because I thought I'd feel safer.

I don't.
Sol²√\√\√\√\_______
Solinium Pulse
Troll

Postby Amber Root » Wed 5th Oct 2016

My town will be in the center of hurricane Mathew. Great. A category four hurricane with over 120 mph winds, all over again.
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby artymon I\/ » Thu 10th Nov 2016

Amber Root wrote:My town will be in the center of hurricane Mathew. Great. A category four hurricane with over 120 mph winds, all over again.

No way!!! You live in Florida?? At my work we were all excited, it was cool first evac I ever experienced. Though it sucked they shut our power off for a day, even though Matt had kinda petered out.
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby Battery » Wed 30th Nov 2016

Apparently when I say "Hey, I like this thing and I think you would also like this thing and we don't have a lot to do together, let's do this thing together!"

everyone else in the world hears "Please get into this thing but only ever enjoy it without me!"
Battery
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Limbo