Your Other Fandoms

Anything that doesn't fit in any of the other boards.

Your Other Fandoms

Postby MichaelM » Thu 19th Apr 2007

We had a thread a while ago about showing your fandoms, but what actually are your fandoms?? xD

I think we can assume that everyone here is an Artemis Fowl fan, but aside from AF, what else do you like? :D

For me, I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I love everything about it. xD

As well as that, I like CSI, epic movies and books about historical wars (Fact or fiction. :) ), e.g. The Emperor Series, or any of Bernard Cornwell's books. :)
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Postby BlackOpal » Thu 19th Apr 2007

I'm only REALLY active on the Artemis Fowl Fandom, even though I'm not even that big of an AF fan.
But I always visit the Leaky for Harry Potter.
And I occasionally visit; Tamora Pierce sites, Bartimaeus Trilogy sites, His Dark Materials sites, Twilight and New Moon sites, RENT sites and Calvin and Hobbes sites.

Yes, there are a few Calvin and Hobbes sites, no forums, but some pretty good fanfiction.
ImageImage
New to the forum? Ask me for help.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...
BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby darvit » Thu 19th Apr 2007

Other fandoms aside from AF:
  • The Lord of the Rings [and basically anything written by JRR Tolkien ;)]
  • Neil Gaiman's work--heck, I'm even a huge fan of his blog! 8)
  • Final Fantasy [FF8, to be specific ;)]
  • CSI

Hmm, the last time I checked, that list was longer. Oh well. I'll remember them all, eventually. :lol:
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image
darvit
Council Member

Postby MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Fri 20th Apr 2007

Does fandom means something you're interested in?(I couldn't find that word in dictionary :( )
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name
MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Postby MichaelM » Fri 20th Apr 2007

MaeveCrowArtemis1 wrote:Does fandom means something you're interested in?(I couldn't find that word in dictionary :( )

Yep - It does. :)

Sorry, I should have explained that better. It's not a real word. xD
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Postby MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Fri 20th Apr 2007

I was just confused.When I saw your post I thought "We're talking about things we like" and then I just wasn't sure.I wanted to check it.

Beside AF I like Anne from Green Gables,Chronicals of Amber,Kill the mockingbird,Chasing the redbird,Adela,Animal farm,Supernaturalist and Indigo's star(I probably translated something wrong).

Beside books by biggest love is FOOTBALL.I can't live without it.My fav club is Chelsea.I'm their biggest fan in the universe(sometimes it's not realy healthy XD ).Exept Chelsea I realy like Liverpool.

Formula 1 is something very important to me.I can't wait for season to start and when it does I don't miss any race.My fav driver is Kimmi Raikonnen.

Fav movie-Moulin Rouge.Seckond place-Pride and Prejudice.Third place-Boondock Saints

Big fan of Ewan McGregor,Nicol Kidman,Sienna Miller...
This is great topic only when I start to talk about things I like there is no stoping for me!
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name
MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Postby nindra » Fri 20th Apr 2007

MaeveCrowArtemis1 wrote:My fav driver is Kimmi Raikonnen.
Um.. He's Kimi Räikkönen.</offtopic>

I don't really belong to any other fandom, so...
"My bugs don't have bugs" --Foaly
"Life! Don't talk to me about life." --Marvin, HGTG
PHP-ASCII-Faery | AF Wiki | Haven City Stories - AF-MMORPG!
nindra
LEP Recruit

Postby MichaelM » Fri 20th Apr 2007

nindra wrote:
MaeveCrowArtemis1 wrote:My fav driver is Kimmi Raikonnen.
Um.. He's Kimi Räikkönen.</offtopic>

I don't really belong to any other fandom, so...

Unless you count all of those things in your signature as interests. :P

MCA1 - A Chelsea and Liverpool fan? Man U fans must love you! :D
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Postby nindra » Fri 20th Apr 2007

MichaelM wrote:Unless you count all of those things in your signature as interests. :P
Fine, then I'm... Ubuntu, Python, Linux, FOSS, PHP and 24 (the TV-show, I try to watch every episode they air...) fan. And probably also a HGTG-fan.
"My bugs don't have bugs" --Foaly
"Life! Don't talk to me about life." --Marvin, HGTG
PHP-ASCII-Faery | AF Wiki | Haven City Stories - AF-MMORPG!
nindra
LEP Recruit

Postby Aphrodite » Sat 21st Apr 2007

Oh God! It is not good for me to talk about my obsessions, I don't have fandoms. I obsess about things! Everyone (including my best friends!) think I am insane, which is true!

Well here we go....(N.B! these are not in order of obsessioness)
James Bond - the Sean Connery and Roger Moore movies and the books.
Donald Duck - the Don Rosa & Carl Barks series also old cartoons.
Swedish comics
Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty
Mumin - Eh... Nindra you'll probably know about these and nobody else.
Chocolate! - really good quality chocolate rocks!
Pirates of the Carribean - Johnny Depp is all I need to say!
My latest one - just finished a book called Twilght by Stephanie Myer.....Oh my god I am in LOVE with Edward in it, all I can talk about is Edward, think about Edward. I hate the girl Bella but love Edward. Did I mention that I love Edward? Why do I fall in love with fictional characters? If you like Artemis you will just die for Edward! Aphrodite/Edward A/E A/E A/E!!!!!!!
Fairy Creatures heed this warning,
On earth the human era is dawning.
Aphrodite
LEP Recruit

Postby BlackOpal » Sat 21st Apr 2007

My latest one - just finished a book called Twilght by Stephanie Myer.....Oh my god I am in LOVE with Edward in it, all I can talk about is Edward, think about Edward. I hate the girl Bella but love Edward. Did I mention that I love Edward? Why do I fall in love with fictional characters? If you like Artemis you will just die for Edward! Aphrodite/Edward A/E A/E A/E!!!!!!!

OMG I LOVE THOSE BOOKS! Have you read New Moon!?
I'm a Edward/Bella shipper, not because I'm in love with Edward, or like Bella (who I think is a sweet girl. Not one of those characters I admire, but someone I'd be friends with) but because if Bella is with Edward, maybe then I can have Jacob. XD I get carried away with my fictional crushes too.

I can't believe that I forgot Pirates of the Caribbean! Jack/Tia all the way!
ImageImage
BlackOpal

Postby Aphrodite » Sat 21st Apr 2007

Oh my God! And you like Tamora Pierce books aswell? Almost scary the way we love the same books!!!!
I'm reading New Moon at the moment, I really should be studying for my exams though!!! It's not out in Ireland yet but my bestfriend's sister's bestfriend is so obsessed with them that she couldn't wait for it so she bought on Amazon!!! She lent it to me, if anything happens to it I think she will kill me!!!
I actually like Jacob too but my friends don't, he's a bit of a moaner though.
I hated Bella at the start but I liked her in the middle but then in the end she goes and falls for the trick which almost gets her killed!!!! She is so stupid and whingy! She's also really boring I think! But I LOVE Edward!!!! He's like a mix between Artemis Fowl and James Bond (from the books!) I love him, love him, love him........... The only thing I liked about Bella at the start was that she has a Chevrolet truck!!!
Fairy Creatures heed this warning,
On earth the human era is dawning.
Aphrodite
LEP Recruit

Postby BlackOpal » Sat 21st Apr 2007

Aphrodite wrote:Oh my God! And you like Tamora Pierce books aswell? Almost scary the way we love the same books!!!!
I'm reading New Moon at the moment, I really should be studying for my exams though!!! It's not out in Ireland yet but my bestfriend's sister's bestfriend is so obsessed with them that she couldn't wait for it so she bought on Amazon!!! She lent it to me, if anything happens to it I think she will kill me!!!
I actually like Jacob too but my friends don't, he's a bit of a moaner though.
I hated Bella at the start but I liked her in the middle but then in the end she goes and falls for the trick which almost gets her killed!!!! She is so stupid and whingy! She's also really boring I think! But I LOVE Edward!!!! He's like a mix between Artemis Fowl and James Bond (from the books!) I love him, love him, love him........... The only thing I liked about Bella at the start was that she has a Chevrolet truck!!!

But Jacob is so sweet and caring. And innocent and naive. And he's like your best friend who you have a crush on. Which is adorable.
I really have to stop being such a gushy fangirl.
ImageImage
BlackOpal

Postby Princess » Sun 22nd Apr 2007

I LOVE Inkheart and Narnia.... :D and... yeah. to tell the truth, I'm not actually that big of an Artemis Fowl fan. :P I likes the books, but, I like lots of other stuff better. like Inkheart and Narnia. ^_^ and Narniaweb. :wink:
Who, me?
Princess
Gnome

Postby Hollyfanner » Sun 22nd Apr 2007

*moves eyes shifty*Ugh..I really don't want to say this but..I still like toontown ^.^.And auditionsea and stuff..
Once upon a time there was a dude person named Holly Short and..Our mission is to find out her middle name.FIGHT THE POWER!
Hollyfanner
Mud-Man

Next

Return to Limbo