My Butler Pick - and other notes

Which actors would you like to cast? What do you want to see? What would you do if you were the director?

My Butler Pick - and other notes

Postby TuathaDeDanann » Sun 30th Jan 2011

I know most people want Jason Statham to be Butler, but whenever I read about Butler in the books I've always imagined a bald Liam Neeson. After his roles in Taken, The A-Team, Batman Begins, Michael Collins (my favorite), and his new movie coming out called Unknown, I think he may be able to look tough enough for the part, but still have the softness to enjoy reading romantic novels! (just like Butler)

I know he's probably 10 yrs too old, but he has the build. He is really tall! (And Butler ages prematurely for a while anyway). Liam's all Irish, but just maybe he could pass as Eurasian???

I would also love to see mostly unknown Irish/European actors for other various roles. I think that just like the Original Star Wars & Harry Potter, it's nice to give parts to new actors we've never seen before. I think it keeps the story fresh and exciting.
TuathaDeDanann
Goblin

Re: My Butler Pick - and other notes

Postby p5ychic » Mon 31st Jan 2011

TuathaDeDanann wrote:I know most people want Jason Statham to be Butler, but whenever I read about Butler in the books I've always imagined a bald Liam Neeson. After his roles in Taken, The A-Team, Batman Begins, Michael Collins (my favorite), and his new movie coming out called Unknown, I think he may be able to look tough enough for the part, but still have the softness to enjoy reading romantic novels! (just like Butler)

I know he's probably 10 yrs too old, but he has the build. He is really tall! (And Butler ages prematurely for a while anyway). Liam's all Irish, but just maybe he could pass as Eurasian???

I would also love to see mostly unknown Irish/European actors for other various roles. I think that just like the Original Star Wars & Harry Potter, it's nice to give parts to new actors we've never seen before. I think it keeps the story fresh and exciting.

While Liam's about 25 years too old for the part, he's certainly pulled off Middle-Eastern in Batman Begins, and he was even a ninja in that. However, I'd rather not see him in this.
p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Re: My Butler Pick - and other notes

Postby DomovoiIsACoolName » Tue 10th Jan 2012

Nah, i dont think that Liam Neeson is rite for this.
Hes good for ninja stuff.

Maybe if he was more buff or somthing
DomovoiIsACoolName
Goblin

Return to Artemis Fowl - The Movie